CRPF COBRA Commandos

Discussion in 'Internal Security' started by WolfPack86, Feb 17, 2016.

1. WolfPack86

WolfPack86 Senior Member Senior Member

CRPF COBRA Commando with a Carl Gustav 84mm Recoil-Less Rifle (Locally produced in India and 84mm Rocket Launcher).

The Ultranationalist and ezsasa like this.
  2. WolfPack86

CRPF COBRA Commandos in action armed with X-95 Carbine with MOR Red Dot Sight, Arsenal AR-M1F41 with M6 UBGL and OFB Multiple Grenade Launcher 40x46mm.

3. WolfPack86

#CRPF #COBRA Rifle : Bulgarian Arsenal M1F41 Scope : Trijicon ACOG UBGL : Arsenal M6

4. WolfPack86

AGS-30 30mm automatic grenade launcher with PAG-17 optical sight in counter Maoist Ops

Bleh, vampyrbladez and rrrajesh.yadav like this.
  5. apoorv465

apoorv465 Regular Member

vampyrbladez likes this.
  6. Bhumihar

Bhumihar Jako Rakhe Saiyan Mar Sake Na Koi Senior Member

Noob question asked many times as well.

Why don't we conduct night operation on these Naxals using NVG?
    They cant see at night but we can.

Imo it's governments laziness that they are not able to snuff out Naxal leaders that are camping in Jungles.

Bleh likes this.
  7. WolfPack86

OFB GHAATAK Rifle 7.62×39mm CRPF COBRA

Bleh likes this.
  8. WolfPack86

CRPF COBRA New Bulgarian Arsenal AR-M5F41 Kinda MHA's equivalent to MOD's AK-203

Assassin 2.0 and Bleh like this.
  9. Bleh

Bleh Berry member Senior Member

Army too should get their digicamo... It's awesome!

10. Waanar

Waanar Regular Member

At 22:58, he says the CoBRAs ko "raat me hi kaam karna sikhaya jaata hai". Have seen a few single scope NVGs with them in many news reports. They're a personal favorite considering they're a non-MoD employed DA unit and they have actually raised the standard of CRPF from beyond cannon fodder to the toughest CAPF of India.

Urge you to listen to the entire segment of stories (Starting from 18:04) though. These guys have accomplished serious shit.

Bleh likes this.
  11. Kra

Kra Regular Member

There's an AMA by an assistant commandant of CoBRA on reddit(r/India)
    You should check it out. He said something about a tussle between cadre officers and the IPS. Piqued my interest.

Waanar likes this.
  12. Waanar

Waanar Regular Member

He also said he operated alongside the Paras and they "are not the best option for jungle warfare".
    I'll take his word with a grain of salt. The tussle is regarding NFFU, Lateral entry to IPS much like IPS take a picnic (and shit) on the CAPFs and why the original cadres of CAPF have never reached the highest post of their respective organization.

13. Waanar

Waanar Regular Member

And yes, uhh, guys?
    I do not want to sound like an asshole or a know it all but I do believe Enquirer is on to something.
    RR and Para work on Intels. RR doesn't last long in terms of combing operations. Cobras can absolutely dominate the hinterlands and after the initial casualties, I can assure you, these guys, on a grid based deployment would absolutely uproot the Jihadi nexus hiding out in the forests. Would be a massive learning curve but I do think that we don't have enough Paras to keep combing the jungles and RR simply isn't trained for LRRP.
    Back in an operation in 2001 (IIRC), in the jungles of Haphruda, Paras were combing an area and came across a group far larger than them and suffered some heavy casualties. If it were the Cobras, that wouldn't have happened. We need a unit balanced between RR's conventional counter insurgency ops and Para's endurance while still having a specialization in CI and CT and a larger size than just 6-12 soldiers to absolutely dominate anything they come across. The Cobras can provide that at a budget and have massive experience compared to the your regular soldier.

Summing up, all I'm saying is enquirer's idea could plug a gap in the security apparatus in Kashmir.

Bleh likes this.
  14. Kra

Kra Regular Member

True, he said that the greyhounds are best for jungle warfare. And lot of times blunders happen resulting in deaths due to incompetence of the IPS officer present.
    I did see some resentment regarding the "recognition" army gets compared to crpf and understand it to some extent.

Bleh likes this.
  15. Waanar

Waanar Regular Member

He's not wrong. Even on this forum, the Cobras have just six pages dedicated to them. Even the state police forces have 96 pages at the moment. The CoBRAs have potential beyond just regular commando operations. So many of their guys have experience in Urban warfare as well (owing to their experience as QATs and NSGs), they just need some polishing and they could be our first equivalent of a tier 2 SF in the Federal police like FBI HRT.

Just watch this. Ignore the press (although the lady asks relevant questions all the time regarding operation and training).
    They clearly have ample experience and in training, one guy mentions 2 months of training with NSG and another month or two with Mumbai's Force One cyclically every year. Both are the best CQB units India has to offer yet QAT is the only one with experience as well and they go ignored. I feel their pain breh. You have to understand that unlike NSG or Force One, QAT faces death almost monthly. It's evident as the guys mention operation in this report all happening within the span of last 3 months and as close as 15 days ago of the interview.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Bleh likes this.
  16. WolfPack86

17. WolfPack86

18. WolfPack86

Crpf cobra commandos.

republic_roi97 likes this.