CRPF COBRA Commandos

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF COBRA Commandos in action armed with X-95 Carbine with MOR Red Dot Sight, Arsenal AR-M1F41 with M6 UBGL and OFB Multiple Grenade Launcher 40x46mm.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Noob question asked many times as well.

Why don't we conduct night operation on these Naxals using NVG?
They cant see at night but we can.

Imo it's governments laziness that they are not able to snuff out Naxal leaders that are camping in Jungles.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Army too should get their digicamo... It's awesome!

Waanar

Country flag
Noob question asked many times as well.

Why don't we conduct night operation on these Naxals using NVG?
They cant see at night but we can.

Imo it's governments laziness that they are not able to snuff out Naxal leaders that are camping in Jungles.

At 22:58, he says the CoBRAs ko "raat me hi kaam karna sikhaya jaata hai". Have seen a few single scope NVGs with them in many news reports. They're a personal favorite considering they're a non-MoD employed DA unit and they have actually raised the standard of CRPF from beyond cannon fodder to the toughest CAPF of India.

Urge you to listen to the entire segment of stories (Starting from 18:04) though. These guys have accomplished serious shit.

Kra

At 22:58, he says the CoBRAs ko "raat me hi kaam karna sikhaya jaata hai". Have seen a few single scope NVGs with them in many news reports. They're a personal favorite considering they're a non-MoD employed DA unit and they have actually raised the standard of CRPF from beyond cannon fodder to the toughest CAPF of India.

Urge you to listen to the entire segment of stories (Starting from 18:04) though. These guys have accomplished serious shit.
There's an AMA by an assistant commandant of CoBRA on reddit(r/India)
You should check it out. He said something about a tussle between cadre officers and the IPS. Piqued my interest.

Waanar

Country flag
There's an AMA by an assistant commandant of CoBRA on reddit(r/India)
You should check it out. He said something about a tussle between cadre officers and the IPS. Piqued my interest.
He also said he operated alongside the Paras and they "are not the best option for jungle warfare".
I'll take his word with a grain of salt. The tussle is regarding NFFU, Lateral entry to IPS much like IPS take a picnic (and shit) on the CAPFs and why the original cadres of CAPF have never reached the highest post of their respective organization.

Waanar

Country flag
Sometimes I feel that the COBRA Commandos (or something this that) should be deployed in Kashmir too. As these folks are trained to move in the forest for more than a week at a stretch, track the terrorists and eliminate them. Jihadi scum camp out and train in the forests all the time before they hide out in the villages/towns.
And yes, uhh, guys?
I do not want to sound like an asshole or a know it all but I do believe Enquirer is on to something.
RR and Para work on Intels. RR doesn't last long in terms of combing operations. Cobras can absolutely dominate the hinterlands and after the initial casualties, I can assure you, these guys, on a grid based deployment would absolutely uproot the Jihadi nexus hiding out in the forests. Would be a massive learning curve but I do think that we don't have enough Paras to keep combing the jungles and RR simply isn't trained for LRRP.
Back in an operation in 2001 (IIRC), in the jungles of Haphruda, Paras were combing an area and came across a group far larger than them and suffered some heavy casualties. If it were the Cobras, that wouldn't have happened. We need a unit balanced between RR's conventional counter insurgency ops and Para's endurance while still having a specialization in CI and CT and a larger size than just 6-12 soldiers to absolutely dominate anything they come across. The Cobras can provide that at a budget and have massive experience compared to the your regular soldier.

Summing up, all I'm saying is enquirer's idea could plug a gap in the security apparatus in Kashmir.

Kra

He also said he operated alongside the Paras and they "are not the best option for jungle warfare".
I'll take his word with a grain of salt. The tussle is regarding NFFU, Lateral entry to IPS much like IPS take a picnic (and shit) on the CAPFs and why the original cadres of CAPF have never reached the highest post of their respective organization.
True, he said that the greyhounds are best for jungle warfare. And lot of times blunders happen resulting in deaths due to incompetence of the IPS officer present.
I did see some resentment regarding the "recognition" army gets compared to crpf and understand it to some extent.

Waanar

Country flag
True, he said that the greyhounds are best for jungle warfare. And lot of times blunders happen resulting in deaths due to incompetence of the IPS officer present.
I did see some resentment regarding the "recognition" army gets compared to crpf and understand it to some extent.
He's not wrong. Even on this forum, the Cobras have just six pages dedicated to them. Even the state police forces have 96 pages at the moment. The CoBRAs have potential beyond just regular commando operations. So many of their guys have experience in Urban warfare as well (owing to their experience as QATs and NSGs), they just need some polishing and they could be our first equivalent of a tier 2 SF in the Federal police like FBI HRT.

Just watch this. Ignore the press (although the lady asks relevant questions all the time regarding operation and training).
They clearly have ample experience and in training, one guy mentions 2 months of training with NSG and another month or two with Mumbai's Force One cyclically every year. Both are the best CQB units India has to offer yet QAT is the only one with experience as well and they go ignored. I feel their pain breh. You have to understand that unlike NSG or Force One, QAT faces death almost monthly. It's evident as the guys mention operation in this report all happening within the span of last 3 months and as close as 15 days ago of the interview.

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag

Arsenal AR-M1F
Arsenal AR-M1F41
Arsenal AR-M5F41
OFB GHAATAK
OFB FN FAL/SLR
OFB INSAS 1B1
OFB 2 Inch Mortar

Latest Replies

Global Defence