Cricket Thread!

rockey 71

Legal notice seeks BCB action on ICC umpires

Collage-Rohit-Rubel.jpg?itok=O0JM5REn

The collage shows the line of Rubel's delivery which nearly dismissed Indian centurian Rohit Sharma. Bangladesh took a catch but the umpire declared it No-ball on the basis of height. As per cricketing rules, a ball can be called No if it hits above the batsman's waist. Graphics Designed by The Daily Star Online

Star Online Report

A legal notice was served on the authorities of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) requesting them to file an appeal with the International Cricket Council (ICC) for punishing the umpires for their wrong decisions in quarter-final between Bangladesh and India on March 19.

Supreme Court lawyer Eunus Ali Akond sent the legal notice to the team manager of the BCB, its president and secretary to the sports ministry, asking them to submit the appeal within 24 hours.

He also asked BCB to seek adequate compensation of money as double as the values of the ICC World Gold Cup 2015 and goodwill to Bangladesh.

The SC lawyer said that the umpires Ian Gould and Aleem Dar had given three wrong decisions regarding dismissals of Tamim Iqbal and Mahmudullah Riyad and no ball call of Rubel Hossain during the cricket match in the quarter-final between Bangladesh and India in Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia.

"Tamim Iqbal and Mahmudullah were not actually out and Rubel Hossain's delivery to the Indian batsmen Rohit Sharma was not actually a no-ball," he said.

He added, "ICC authorities rescheduled the match on March 19 from March 21. The cricket match was supposed to be held in Wellington venue in New Zealand, but the match was held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia."

Eunus Ali told The Daily Star that he will file a writ petition with the High Court seeking necessary order on the BCB authorities if they do not appeal to the ICC authorities.

Legal notice seeks BCB action on ICC umpires | The Daily Star

rockey 71

AHM Mustafa Kamal has said the International Cricket Council had denied him of his right to hand out the trophy to the champions at the post-match presentation of the World Cup final.

Kamal, the president of the game's governing body, has also threatened to reveal ICC's secrets once he returns home.

According to ICC's amendment of rules in January 2015, the president is supposed to hand out the trophy but in a shocking breach of the constitution, Chairman N Srinivasan presented the trophy to Aussie captain Michael Clarke after the match on Sunday.

Kamal accused ICC of not honouring his rights while speaking to two Bangladeshi TV stations following the final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Kamal, who is a planning minister in Sheikh Hasina's cabinet, is scheduled to return home on Wednesday.

Public Relations Officer of the Ministry of Planning Tapas Chandra Bose told bdnews24.com that the minister will speak about the issues at the airport on his return.

Kamal hinted at revealing information about ICC's managing committee after returning to the country.

"I was supposed to give the trophy today (Sunday). It is my constitutional right. But very unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to do so. My rights were dishonoured," ESPNcricinfo quoted Kamal as saying.

"After I go back home, I will let the whole world know what's happening in the ICC. I will let the whole world know about those guys who are doing these mischievous things," he added.

It all started when a full-toss delivery pacer Rubel Hossain bowled to Rohit Sharma was called a no-ball for height by on-field umpires in the World Cup quarter-final between Bangladesh and India on Mar 19.

KAMAL+2.jpg

Replays, however, showed the ball was below the waist-line and thus legal. Sharma survived with the slice of luck as his pull shot went straight to Imrul Kayes at deep midwicket when he was on 90.

The opener went on to score 137 off 126 balls as Bangladesh lost the match by 109 runs to crash out of the tournament.

The decision sparked huge controversies while protests escalated in Bangladesh.

Kamal, too, had expressed his frustration over the matter and said the umpiring was 'poor'.

He had also termed the ICC 'Indian Cricket Council' and said he would step down as president, if needed, indicating it was a biased decision.

In response, ICC Chief Executive David Richardson, in a statement issued the following day, hit back at Kamal for his comments and said the remarks were 'very unfortunate'.

The statement said 'the umpire's decision is final' and that the no-ball decision was a '50-50 call'.

rockey 71

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has officially protested to the International Cricket Council over controversial rulings by umpires against Bangladesh during their World Cup quarter-final against India.

BCB Chief Executive Officer Nizam Uddin Chowdhury said on Tuesday at their office in Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium that they had lodged their protest on the day after the Mar 19 match.

The Tigers lost the match by 109 runs after controversial rulings by the umpires over a 'no ball' by Bangladeshi pacer Rubel Hossain and the wicket of batsman Mahmudullah Riyad.

BCB President Nazmul Hassan had said in Melbourne they would not be seeking a review but would rather lodge protest against the decisions.

He also slammed umpires for not reviewing their no-ball ruling, which would otherwise have led to the fall of Indian batsman and Man of the Match Rohit Sharma.

He said that the match was going Bangladesh's way until that point and the wrong decision by the umpires stunned the Tigers.

In the 40th over, Rohit, batting on 90, pulled pacer Rubel's fourth delivery, a full toss, towards deep midwicket and was caught by Imrul Kayes.

But Dar, who was at square leg, had indicated that ball was above Rohit's waist and Gould signalled no-ball.

The Tigers were left shocked by the call as replays showed it was under the waist when Rohit played it.

Rohit went on to add 47 runs off 24 balls for his maiden World Cup century.

rockey 71

12:00 AM, April 02, 2015 / LAST MODIFIED: 07:44 PM, April 02, 2015
Mustafa Kamal of Bangladesh resigns as ICC president after World Cup snub
'Ugly mindset' spoiling cricket, says former ICC president
Share on facebook55 Share on twitter2 Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
Sports Reporter

Ever since the wide-scale changes in the International Cricket Council's constitution were made last year, the president's post was relegated to a ceremonial one. As per the controversial revamp, almost all the crucial calls fell under the ICC chairman's forte.

There was however, one honourable duty that remained under ICC president's purview: the right to give away the trophies to the champions during world events. But that too was taken away by Narayanaswami Srinivasan, who had handed Michael Clarke the World Cup trophy last Sunday.

Protesting the move, AHM Mustafa Kamal resigned from his position as ICC president immediately after arriving at the Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport from Australia yesterday afternoon.

Kamal, who took centre-stage of world cricket during a 40-odd minute press briefing, explained the reasons behind his decision.

"I have decided to resign. I can't work with people who don't follow the constitution. As per 3.3B of the constitution, the president is supposed to give away the trophy. There are no clauses to that. But I still couldn't do that.

"I resigned to let the whole world know the truth. I resigned to let the whole world know what's going on in the ICC. There are some people in the ICC who have an ugly mindset and that's not good for the game," remarked Kamal.

"This is the first time in the history of cricket that the game has been insulted so badly. But, in the end, I don't think cricket ended up losing, because the person [responsible for the move] got booed by 90,000 people at Melbourne when his name was announced after the final.

"To me those 90,000 people in the stadium represented the views of the 16 crore people of Bangladesh. He was only saved when Sachin Tendulkar's name was announced after him. Things could have been different had Tendulkar's name not been announced," he added.

Kamal explained that his role was usurped during an 'informal' meeting, which included four to five directors of the ICC board, that was organised a day before the final. Following the Bangladesh-India quarterfinal, Kamal criticised the umpires, describing them as poor and also stated that they might have had 'an agenda'. He also objected the biased phrases, supporting India, that were being shown on the big screens of the stadium during the game.

Kamal explained that he was asked to apologise for his remarks.

"I told them that I wouldn't do that. They then asked me to retract my statement. I decided against doing that either. I tried to reason with them and told them that they can ask me to submit a statement explaining my comments, but I won't apologise or retract my statements.

"However, they did not agree to that and told me that I will not be able to give away the trophy to the winning team," said Kamal.

"I told them that that was unconstitutional, and that if they wanted to change the norm then they would have to go through the official process, which would take a while. However, they told me that they would take care of it," he added.

When asked if his fallout with the ICC would have a backlash on Bangladesh's bilateral series', Kamal said, "Why should it? I don't expect any such thing to happen." The Tigers are scheduled to play Pakistan, India, South Africa and Australia this year.

International Cricket Council (ICC) yesterday confirmed Kamal's resignation and an official handout read: "The ICC Board will now consider the vacant position of the ICC President at its forthcoming meeting in Dubai on 15 and 16 April."

Kamal was a member of the ICC executive board for the past six years. Apart from being a member of the board, he served the organisation as a vice-president for two years and president for nine months, three months short of his one-year stint.

Kamal resigns | The Daily Star

bose

Country flag
12:00 AM, April 02, 2015 / LAST MODIFIED: 07:44 PM, April 02, 2015
Mustafa Kamal of Bangladesh resigns as ICC president after World Cup snub
'Ugly mindset' spoiling cricket, says former ICC president
Share on facebook55 Share on twitter2 Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
Sports Reporter

Ever since the wide-scale changes in the International Cricket Council's constitution were made last year, the president's post was relegated to a ceremonial one. As per the controversial revamp, almost all the crucial calls fell under the ICC chairman's forte.

There was however, one honourable duty that remained under ICC president's purview: the right to give away the trophies to the champions during world events. But that too was taken away by Narayanaswami Srinivasan, who had handed Michael Clarke the World Cup trophy last Sunday.

Protesting the move, AHM Mustafa Kamal resigned from his position as ICC president immediately after arriving at the Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport from Australia yesterday afternoon.

Kamal, who took centre-stage of world cricket during a 40-odd minute press briefing, explained the reasons behind his decision.

"I have decided to resign. I can't work with people who don't follow the constitution. As per 3.3B of the constitution, the president is supposed to give away the trophy. There are no clauses to that. But I still couldn't do that.

"I resigned to let the whole world know the truth. I resigned to let the whole world know what's going on in the ICC. There are some people in the ICC who have an ugly mindset and that's not good for the game," remarked Kamal.

"This is the first time in the history of cricket that the game has been insulted so badly. But, in the end, I don't think cricket ended up losing, because the person [responsible for the move] got booed by 90,000 people at Melbourne when his name was announced after the final.

"To me those 90,000 people in the stadium represented the views of the 16 crore people of Bangladesh. He was only saved when Sachin Tendulkar's name was announced after him. Things could have been different had Tendulkar's name not been announced," he added.

Kamal explained that his role was usurped during an 'informal' meeting, which included four to five directors of the ICC board, that was organised a day before the final. Following the Bangladesh-India quarterfinal, Kamal criticised the umpires, describing them as poor and also stated that they might have had 'an agenda'. He also objected the biased phrases, supporting India, that were being shown on the big screens of the stadium during the game.

Kamal explained that he was asked to apologise for his remarks.

"I told them that I wouldn't do that. They then asked me to retract my statement. I decided against doing that either. I tried to reason with them and told them that they can ask me to submit a statement explaining my comments, but I won't apologise or retract my statements.

"However, they did not agree to that and told me that I will not be able to give away the trophy to the winning team," said Kamal.

"I told them that that was unconstitutional, and that if they wanted to change the norm then they would have to go through the official process, which would take a while. However, they told me that they would take care of it," he added.

When asked if his fallout with the ICC would have a backlash on Bangladesh's bilateral series', Kamal said, "Why should it? I don't expect any such thing to happen." The Tigers are scheduled to play Pakistan, India, South Africa and Australia this year.

International Cricket Council (ICC) yesterday confirmed Kamal's resignation and an official handout read: "The ICC Board will now consider the vacant position of the ICC President at its forthcoming meeting in Dubai on 15 and 16 April."

Kamal was a member of the ICC executive board for the past six years. Apart from being a member of the board, he served the organisation as a vice-president for two years and president for nine months, three months short of his one-year stint.

Kamal resigns | The Daily Star
How did Mr Kamal know that the decisions from the Neutral umpire were biased against Bangladesh and not honest mistakes ??

rockey 71

How did Mr Kamal know that the decisions from the Neutral umpire were biased against Bangladesh and not honest mistakes ??
Where did you get that. The entire cricketing world, including Indian media, have serious objections with Srinivasan.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Where did you get that. The entire cricketing world, including Indian media, have serious objections with Srinivasan.
We have issues with Srinivasan because of his corruption. Not because he "fixes matches". Seriously, please use grey matter - India controls 80% of world cricket - we have the money. If we wanted to bribe our way through, a) It would be done in all cases, with all teams, b) It would be out in the open pretty soon.

Umpires have made decisions favouring Bangladesh in the past. These are just errors of judgement. What now - should I speculate that Bangladeshis threatened Jihad against the umpires? Or did they pool together their private money to bribe the umpires?

bose

Country flag
Even I too have serious issues with Mr Srinivasan, but calling ICC by all names is not a wise thing to do. I fear Mr. Kamal has already made serious damage to Bangladesh cricket... Mr Kamal should remember India's support to bring International Cricket tino Bangladesh and not mistake all Indians as Mr Srinivasan...

rockey 71

Even I too have serious issues with Mr Srinivasan, but calling ICC by all names is not a wise thing to do. I fear Mr. Kamal has already made serious damage to Bangladesh cricket... Mr Kamal should remember India's support to bring International Cricket tino Bangladesh and not mistake all Indians as Mr Srinivasan...
We earned our right to enter ICC. If there was any help, it was Pakistan's - particularly Wasim Akram's.

bose

Country flag
We earned our right to enter ICC. If there was any help, it was Pakistan's - particularly Wasim Akram's.
Read my post #374 again, carefully...

What did Pakistan did for your cricket ? please elaborate to explain... Will Bangladesh travel this time to Pakistan ?

Wasim Akram is not only helping Bangladesh but to other bowlers from other nations... He is doing great service to the game...

abhik143

1. AB de Villiers (31 balls)
AB de Villiers is a South African batsman. As of now he is holdler of the record of quickest century in ODI. AB De Villiers' century came up in only 31 balls against the West Indies in the second ODI at Johannesburg .He broke Corey Anderson's record soon after 1 year, by making speediest century. On 18 January 2015 he scored 149 keeps running off only 44 balls hitting 8 fours and 10 sixes. He got out on 149 and confronted 44 balls altogether. He not just 100 runs yet he has additionally made quickest 50 and 150 keeps running in only 16 and 64 Balls individually.

2. Corey Anderson (36 balls)
The New Zealand hard hitter has broken the record for the speediest century in ODI cricket following 18 years which Shahid Afridi hung on past. He played forceful inning against West Indies in 2014 by hitting 6 fours and 14 sixes. He made a stunning 100 keeps running in 36 balls against the West Indies in Queenstown on first January, 2014.

3. Shahid Afridi (37 balls)
The record was made at 1996 by Shahid Afridi and he hold up the record till 2014. He is the main Player who have scored century under 45 balls in ODI Cricket history. What's more, nobody can overlook his speediest ODI century that he made the quickest century in only 37 balls against the Sri Lanka in Nairobi on fourth October, 1996.

4. Mark Boucher (44 balls)
The wicket-keeping legend, Mark Boucher who scored 100 keeps running in only 44 balls inverse to the Zimbabwe in Potchefstroom on twentieth September, 2006. He stayed not out on 147 and confronted 68 balls altogether. His lively innings included 10 sixes and 4 fours.

5. Brian Lara (45 balls)
West Indian expert class batsman Brian Lara came the fifth spot in the rundown of Top ten speediest ODI several unequaled. He made the quickest hundreds of years in ODI group, against Bangladesh in 1999 by hitting 18 fours and 4 sixes.

6. Shahid Afridi (45 balls)
One more century for the Pakistani living legend Shahid Afridi his second fastest century on his vocation is the sixth speediest so far at cricket history. He made one of the speediest hundreds of years in ODI position, against India in 2005 by hitting 10 fours and 9 sixes.

7. Jesse Ryder (46 balls)
Jesse Ryder is a left given batsman who finished his hundred in only 46 balls in 2014 by hitting 12 fours and 5 sixes. He got out on 104 and confronted 51 balls altogether. The match got lessened to 21-over a side against West Indies because of downpour.

8. Jos Buttler (46 balls)
He as of late made one of the speediest hundreds of years in ODI group, against Pakistan by hitting 10 fours and 8 sixes. He turned into England's speediest ODI century producer. For the record, England's three speediest ODI centuris have all been scored by Buttler. He was not out on that innings with 116 runs and confronted 52 balls altogether.

9. Sanath Jayasuriya (48 balls)
Sri Lankan innovator Sanath Jayasuriya`s ton is at eighth position in the speediest hundreds of years rundown. He took only 48 balls for scoring 100 runs. This record was held against the Pakistan in Singapore on second April, 1996. His Innings incorporates 16 fours and 6 sixes against the best quick knocking down some pins assault of Waqar Younis, Saqlain Mushtaq, and others.

10. Kevin O’Brien (50 Balls)
At the ninth of the rundown is KJ O'Brien's 50 ball century. It is the quickest century on the World Cup history and He scored Century at 2011 world container. He made one of the best quickest hundreds of years in ODI group, against England in 2011 by hitting 13 fours and 6 sixes. He scored 13 fours and 6 sixes to lose his wicket at 113.

Last but not the list (Indian Cricket Star) Virat Kohli (52 Balls)

Virat Kohli One of the Indian cricketer who has made numerous records as such. He is lastin this record however not the minimum in this rundown of main 10 quickest hundreds of years in ODI cricket history. He scored 100 keeps running in 52 balls against the Australia in Jaipur on sixteenth October, 2013. He scored 7 sixes and 8 fours in this diversion.

The original source of this article is http://sports.queryhome.com/743/list-of-10-fastest-centuries-in-odi-cricket-history

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles