Cricket Thread!

Oracle

44 more overs.

India needs 240 runs to win.

5 Wickets remaining. Last recognized batsmen at the crease.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
This was a poor showing by the both the batsmen and the bowlers. Of course the lack of match practice has played a significant part here but the problem against the swinging ball still remains. The bowling however has been a let down. The bowlers have struggled to put the opposition under pressure. Praveen Kumar has done a good job with the swing but without Zaheer the bowling looks toothless.

If England does claim the #1 test spot (which they probably will) it will have been well deserved. Flashy victories aside, the Indian team still has fundamental problems.

Oracle

/\/\/\ I agree.

India did play a practice match with Somerset, performing pathetically.

plugwater

Awesome :D

I was fighting with my friend that Sachin wont play well in a crucial match just yesterday and today he proved me right!!

KS

Bye bye DFI
Sehwag and Zak are being sorely missed.

WTF was RP Singh left out ?

He would have thrived in English conditions. He has the swing, he has the bounce to unsettle the English batsmen.

A.V.

What about the second test match , i fear if india goes down here too there is no salvage point

Oracle

What about the second test match , i fear if india goes down here too there is no salvage point
Second test starts tomorrow. India will win it. In please of Harbajan, Mishra. Mukund needs to be dropped and Yuvraj included.

Awesome :D

I was fighting with my friend that Sachin wont play well in a crucial match just yesterday and today he proved me right!!
Did he knock you out? :D

Haha, this is a sticky thread and one football thread trashed. :pound:

Vyom

Seeker
I was disappointed with Dravid, the way he threw his wicket. Him being there for at least 50 more overs could have changed the game and he was in form. But then he must also be disappointed with himself.

WTF was RP Singh left out ?

He would have thrived in English conditions. He has the swing, he has the bounce to unsettle the English batsmen.
Yes RP is a great choice for such conditions. But the selectors want Sreesanth, I wonder why.

Oracle

Guys, Sreesanth and Praveen Kumar can swing. Praveen Kumar was amazing with swing in the first test.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
I think the batting will be more adept in the second test because the Indian veterans have always been good at adjusting to conditions and making a comeback. Also I think Tremlett is going to sit out the second test.

Bowling however remains the main concern. Sreesanth hasn't played tests for a while and he is extremely unpredictable. He has had a couple of scintillating performances in South Africa in helpful conditions but for the most part he tends to be a liability. His other problem is that he's limited to out swing, which of course can get lots of wickets but he'd be a far more effective if he could swing it both ways.

Zaheer can be expensive but he's probably one of the best wicket taking bowlers out there.

Oracle

Like i give a fvck about cricket thread being sticky!! :pound:
Do you know that the amount of Cricket lovers in India are more than futbol lovers?

Do you know by hating cricket, you might even get banned?

Blackwater

Well i feel Srisanth is ok and Yuvi should replace the new hero i forgot his name ...

plugwater

Do you know that the amount of Cricket lovers in India are more than futbol lovers?

Do you know by hating cricket, you might even get banned?
AV and Amar are football fans so i am immune to ban :p

Global Defence

Articles