Counting prostitution and drugs in the GDP figure has seen the UK's economy overtake France

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Prostitution will suddenly not end trafficking or other horrors but in the future with systemic reforms it'll ameliorate the situation.
I am not even sure that it will eradicate it. It is just a way to make life easier to those who are trapped in such activities.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not even sure that it will eradicate it. It is just a way to make life easier to those who are trapped in such activities.
NGOs certainly have a role to play here as well. To try and keep a check on trafficked and exploited women.

State machinery due to paucity of resources and will is more of an impediment in trying to rectify issues.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Legalizing Prostitutin

I talked few NGO'S who rescued Prostitutes clearly said by legalizing Pro problems will MULTIPLY.You think we can solve 10 problems but instead 20 new problems will arise

Only pimps/corporate will get benefit.By Legalizing pro. instead of 10 women 100 women will suffer.(No women like to work as pro. money is the key factor)

Abduction,force,cheating,drugs etc etc will not stop even though it is legal.
It would increase rather.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
45 replies... everyone loves drugs and hookers.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Indians have been very open about sex and drugs. Please stop trying to foist Victorian mentality.
Sir,
We are not discussing whether India is/had been open about such things. The thing is that in India where the rule of the law is still not properly applied, we cannot allow the legalization of prostitution. It would only lead to chaos. The fact is majority of the prostitutes in India were tricked or trafficked into the business. Many of them had been raped and due to the stigma attached with it in our society, had turned to prostitution. The illegality of prostitution deters many pimps or traffickers. If this business is legalized it would encourage these pimps or traffickers. They would think they would go scot free by giving a small bribe even if they do such crimes.

I remember there was a news about a trafficked teenage girl in Kolkata who had ran way from a brothel and then asked for help from a policeman. The policeman did not believe her story and instead raped her. He then sent her back to the brothel. He did not save her despite being a cop. Now imagine what would happen if prostitution is legalized. Radical policies do not fit well in a still developing country like India.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Sir,
We are not discussing whether India is/had been open about such things. The thing is that in India where the rule of the law is still not properly applied, we cannot allow the legalization of prostitution. It would only lead to chaos. The fact is majority of the prostitutes in India were tricked or trafficked into the business. Many of them had been raped and due to the stigma attached with it in our society, had turned to prostitution. The illegality of prostitution deters many pimps or traffickers. If this business is legalized it would encourage these pimps or traffickers. They would think they would go scot free by giving a small bribe even if they do such crimes.

I remember there was a news about a trafficked teenage girl in Kolkata who had ran way from a brothel and then asked for help from a policeman. The policeman did not believe her story and instead raped her. He then sent her back to the brothel. He did not save her despite being a cop. Now imagine what would happen if prostitution is legalized. Radical policies do not fit well in a still developing country like India.
I'm not completely decided on this issue.
I have questions. For eg: What do you mean by "It would only lead to chaos"
Also legalizing prostitution would give a certain legitimacy to the prostitute, right? It may give her a certain degree of freedom, maybe?

Also I think prostitution will happen no matter what the laws, women will sell and men will buy.

I don't know, just my thoughts.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Peter what happens when you criminalize something ? And what happens when you criminalize something which is one of the oldest profession ?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I'm not completely decided on this issue.
I have questions. For eg: What do you mean by "It would only lead to chaos"

By chaos I meant an increase in trafficking and forced prostitution. Pimps would kidnap women,force them into prostitution and then on getting caught would claim that the women herself wanted to do such a thing. As prostitution would be legal he would be let off quite easily even if he is guilty.

Also legalizing prostitution would give a certain legitimacy to the prostitute, right? It may give her a certain degree of freedom, maybe?

Also I think prostitution will happen no matter what the laws, women will sell and men will buy.

I don't know, just my thoughts.
As I have stated in a previous post, in India 90% of the women were kidnapped and then brought into this trade. They could not return to their old lives due to the social stigma attached with prostitution. Freedom,legitimacy etc of prostitutes are applicable in foreign countries. In India as long as we see prostitutes(who themselves have no faults for their misery) as worse than humans we should not think of legalizing prostitution. In the future we can think of changing our laws.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Half knowledge is too dangerous

in India 90% of the women were kidnapped and then brought into this trade. ........ where u got this figure, actually it is reverse 90% of women are work for money may be 10% are kidnapped.

Freedom,legitimacy etc of prostitutes are applicable in foreign countries ..........WTF, Prostitutes condition around the world is same.They first enter market for quick money then they habituated to drugs/easy money/social stigma and stay there

In India as long as we see prostitutes who themselves have no faults for their misery.....do u mean Prostitutes open their brothel near their home :crazy: they work in another city/state, so there is no stigma attached.(They send money to their families by claiming they got good job opportunity there)

PS It is all simple Economics,Illiterate/unqualified Pro.can earn X amt of money in 30 minutes, which (amt) she unable to earn for 30 days of hard labor
I do not have the time to give a complete reply. Anyway go through these links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_India

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-24530198

http://scroll.in/article/677280/hal...n-india-last-year-were-sold-into-prostitution

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I know about Amstredam and seen enough programs based on prostitution in world. The things comes up in mind by thinking Amstredam and Thailand is "WHOREHOUSE of the World" since they officially chose to be so.

How is the situation is France? I have seen whores f**** in public/streets in videos and Eiffel Tower in nearby background and same in many other countries in EU.You want to turn India slowly into such liberal twisted society where about 40% are poor and deprived?

You are not thinking the practical terms and just some things where the assumption is that all the people involved would act as per "LAW".India doesn't run on LAW really.
The population in the business is so potent that one of the German thinker Herbert Marcuse wrote a book enttled " Erros and Civilisation" arguing in principle that whores and pimps can bring a revolution towards liberation of supressed instincts:laugh: and sexual freedom > It was free sex rather than economic liberation which is the higher goal of humanity.

:laugh::rofl::shoot::hippo::sweden:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The population in the business is so potent that one of the German thinker Herbert Marcuse wrote a book enttled " Erros and Civilisation" arguing in principle that whores and pimps can bring a revolution towards liberation of supressed instincts:laugh: and sexual freedom > It was free sex rather than economic liberation which is the higher goal of humanity.

:laugh::rofl::shoot::hippo::sweden:

That sudden release of suppression has led the Western Society(if you remember Bra burning and Fultoo open Hippi sex culture in 70's) into society of Cats and Dogs... I guess even Cats and Dogs have better culture.

Some countries like UK have started thinking that the old days of Suppression were better than their todays degraded culture where Pakis are breeding their teen girls.

Talking of perverts ... there would always be horny/pervert toads which would want to make revolution in society.One recent was a Arts Professor in US who wanted all his students to come nude and give exam on Arts or else he would fail everyone.What a way to satisfy his horny-pana in the name of Arts. :lol:

PS: Why are you waving Swedish flag? Your IP tracks a Indian IP.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Seeing threads like these makes me lose my faith as an Indian :(

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And what kind of retarded argument is legalising prostitution will increase crimes against women?

Legalising marital sex has increased crimes against women after marriage huh? I dont know how these people come up with such logic. Most of these clowns have an opinion and go looking for evidence to support them and clutch at straws to prove their point, like they are doing now.

blueblood

If only I could see the face of that dumbfvck Churchil on this proud day in British history. :biggrin2:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
If only I could see the face of that dumbfvck Churchil on this proud day in British history. :biggrin2:
That little piece of shit....Go to london and he is branded as britains greatest son. :rofl:
One more blast from the past i would like is Macaulay.... love for him to see that the no 1 book in UK was mrs. beckham's Book on breast implants.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
What we really need is a separate country for these enthusiastic pimps, send them over to Bangladesh, or perhaps Pakistan.
It will a nice lesson for them.
Our mother and sisters will not go up for sale, not under our Watch.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles