Civilization: Beyond Earth

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

Just watch the cinematic, very evident Indian angle there with the Sikh soldiers in turbans and the stallion truck, i Just wished they had gone ahead and used the Tiranga flag as well, like they show the star spangled banner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Just watch the cinematic, very evident Indian angle there with the Sikh soldiers in turbans and the stallion truck, i Just wished they had gone ahead and used the Tiranga flag as well, like they show the star spangled banner.
This is actually a video game trailer about Civilization:Beyond Earth . Civilization is a strategy game developed by that American Sid Meier. In reality the video has very little resemblance with the game and the preview they have put up. The game looks like the general strategy games in the previews.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
This is actually a video game trailer about Civilization:Beyond Earth . Civilization is a strategy game developed by that American Sid Meier. In reality the video has very little resemblance with the game and the preview they have put up. The game looks like the general strategy games in the previews and has no Indian factions in it.
I know that, I own copies of both civ 4 and 5, what I meant to say was that this was probably the first time a major video game franchise has depicted India as a major power in the cinematic trailer.

Ashutosh Lokhande

I know that, I own copies of both civ 4 and 5, what I meant to say was that this was probably the first time a major video game franchise has depicted India as a major power in the cinematic trailer.
how is the game? did you played it? and how is civ 4,5 compare to other strqtegy games. am a big fan of straegy games.
i have beat AOE 3 warchief expansion edition bot 2 v 1 on highest difficulty :cool2: and have a mmr of 4000 in DOTA 2 :cool2:

oops just saw the trailer the game releasing on 24 oct.

Last edited:

Free Karma

Strange-ish flavour text for Indian Civ. The Name for India is Kavithan protectorate:

After its population was displaced by the Great Mistake and rising sea levels, many commentators were quick to dismiss the Indian Protectorate - to their great loss. Where other countries might have been content to wallow in despair, the Indian Protectorate underwent one of the greatest cultural transformations that a civilization has undertaken, becoming culturally dynamic, indomitably optimistic, and cleverly resourceful. With one-sixth of the world's population within its borders, and under the charismatic, enlightened guidance of syncretic religious mystic and prophet Raj Thakur, the Protectorate has launched a space program that is the pride of its people, celebrated in song and movie, with every boy and girl from the Punjab to Tamil Nadu aspiring to work on "our Prophet's Dream." Now Raj Thakur's only daughter, Kavitha, has assumed her father's mantle. Work continues on the Prophet's Dream and life on new worlds.
Prophet is more of a middle eastern/islamic thing. The capital city is "Mandira" and the special ability:Cities and Outposts acquire new tiles twice as fast

Others can be seen here:Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Civilization Wiki

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Ok so the Kavithan Protectorate is indeed India. I was wrong about this. Anyway nice game.

Free Karma

Bc better than the previous Indian bonuses of happiness in proportion to population and the penalty unhappiness with number of cities. Come to think of it, both were penalties since population only influence happiness not food.
Yeah India was bad in civ 5..:(.
But anyway New game seems quite buggy, a lot of people say it feels like the game is stll in beta, so would be a good idea to wait for patches/expansions. Also some people have mentioned that the fast expansion of KP is one of the strongest this time. (maybe nerfed in patches I guess).

I havent even played x-com yet :(

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
But anyway New game seems quite buggy, a lot of people say it feels like the game is stll in beta, so would be a good idea to wait for patches/expansions. Also some people have mentioned that the fast expansion of KP is one of the strongest this time. (maybe nerfed in patches I guess).

Wait for the first expansion saar.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Well India in AoE 3 was good in multiplayer with Sepoy Rush.(P.S. I was never good in AoE 2 multi but was average in AoE 2).

As for CiV 5 I have only played France/germany(napoleon and bismarck) in the expansion Brave New World.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles