Chinese villagers under rapid upgrades.

vram

Country flag
that is how China developes so fast.

Local governments buys lots of land and old houses from villages....then compensate villagers with new houses ,which usually are highrises and occupy much less land while having modern publich infrastrcutures.

Then, local government can sell the rest land at higher price and make profits,to upgrade publich infrastructures such as roads ,pipewaters and electricity supply.

Thus, both local governments and villagers are winners...
Very interesting. Nice concept
But what ensures that the people managing this processes in the local government are able to keep it corruption free. I mean There will be big contracts for steel,cement etc etc..going out. So the person deciding these things can make money out of it isn't it and deliver substandard products??
Also in case we have for example 40 houses in a village and only 25-30 people agree to move out and get the new house but some don't. THEN how is this issue resolved. Is the rehabilitation program re-designed or something?

Also this IS happening in INDIA but on a smaller scale.In India ,instead of Local govt.. You have the private builder buying properties in large tracks of village land and redeveloping them and paying very handsome compensation to villagers like in places like Noida, Gurgaon, external suburbs of major cities like Mumbai,bangalore etc...
Only thing is China has started doing this much earlier as thier development processes in ahead of India. While we are just picking up the pace.
But it is very troubled process here with corruption and land trouble...

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
well, CHInese rural area can classified into 3 tiers

tier1, in most coastal rural areas and suburn area of inland big cities....in those rural areas, "village upgrade " has been finished.
those rural areas are like this.

Tier3 most areas in inland areas in inland CHina.....those areas are like this

Tier2, the area between tier1 and tier 3,such as the villages in the starting posts.
Tell me one thing do people actually live in these buildings ?
from the looks of it only 10% or less is occupied.

sorcerer

Country flag
A 2005 article in People's Daily described China's growing income disparity as a "yellow alert" that could become a "red alert" in five years if the government failed to take proper actions. A 2005 United Nations report stated that the income gap between the urban and rural areas was among the highest in the world and warned that this gap threatend socialn stability. The report urged China to take greater steps to improve conditions for the rural poor, and bolster education, health care, and the social security system.-The new PPP measurement may increase pressure within China to expand efforts to promote development in the rural areas where over 800 million people reside.
Source : SRC

huaxia rox

tell me one thing.

how does it look like only 10% or less is occupied???

how did you get your piece of conclusion??

you cant see people??

then whats your take regarding this picture???how much occupied??? you see we dont even have some corps grown as a refrence (to tell you if there are people) so your super hype functional eyes probably can shed some light on the myth.

for your information this part of district was a little village kind of district 30 years ago.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Normally there are a lot of cars in China.

This picture does not show the same, or have I missed something?

I agree we also don't have farms and crop within city limits!

huaxia rox

and i heard there are lots of cows in india even in the street.

so in a picture showing india no cows means no people there??

by the way villages have reasons to be called villages where corps can be found grown. cities have reasons to be called cities. sure i am talking about prc. middle class has reasons to be called middle class. how ever sometimes specific groups of people can be transfered into middle class if they have reached certain levels just like villages sometimes can be finally transferred into cities.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Very interesting. Nice concept
But what ensures that the people managing this processes in the local government are able to keep it corruption free. I mean There will be big contracts for steel,cement etc etc..going out. So the person deciding these things can make money out of it isn't it and deliver substandard products??
Also in case we have for example 40 houses in a village and only 25-30 people agree to move out and get the new house but some don't. THEN how is this issue resolved. Is the rehabilitation program re-designed or something?

Also this IS happening in INDIA but on a smaller scale.In India ,instead of Local govt.. You have the private builder buying properties in large tracks of village land and redeveloping them and paying very handsome compensation to villagers like in places like Noida, Gurgaon, external suburbs of major cities like Mumbai,bangalore etc...
Only thing is China has started doing this much earlier as thier development processes in ahead of India. While we are just picking up the pace.
But it is very troubled process here with corruption and land trouble...
1. in CHina, only local government is allowed to buy village land directly...... local governments upgrade those bought land to "planned land "with roads,pipewater and other infrastructure..... those planned land usually value_appreiate dozens or even hundreds of times than that before upgrade.
private real-asset developers are forbidden to buy land from village directly,and have to buy "planned land"(which means has upgraded with ready road and infrastructures).

2. sometimes, "vilalge upgrade" also meets " the resistence of minority". Just as your example, only 25 of 40 people accept the offer of local government and the rest rejects...
then ,such case might happen..

3. Usually, the compensation offered from local government is fair or even generous, because huge value_appreication of "land upgrade" give the government enough fund( ln 2011, Chinese government earn 500 billion USD from 'land upgrade').
so, the "resist of minority" are unusual..
And if eventualy some minority reject the offter from local government, the the "resisting minority" usually are losers, because they lose the chance to benefit from huge land appreciation forever.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
and i heard there are lots of cows in india even in the street.

so in a picture showing india no cows means no people there??

by the way villages have reasons to be called villages where corps can be found grown. cities have reasons to be called cities. sure i am talking about prc. middle class has reasons to be called middle class. how ever sometimes specific groups of people can be transfered into middle class if they have reached certain levels just like villages sometimes can be finally transferred into cities.
Indeed cows on the street. dogs, and men too!

One does not showcase with fraud restrictions in India.

We live as free people and not cloistered and hectored to conform like Pavlovian dogs as in China.

You won't understand what freedom means!

Laogais to you is also freedom!

You all wore pigytails as ordered.

Then you were ordered to wear Mao suits.

And now that you are allowed to dress as you like, you feel you have achieved the acme.

Small freedom pleases frogmarched people!

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
only the old and kids live in rual area.....most of youth spend their most time working and living in urban areas.

for example, My parents have a small piece of land and one small room in a village,which is left by my grandparents ,but no one live in it.

My parents have a 2-story house in the countytown,but they usually spend only 3-5 months there and the house is often vacate too.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
only the old and kids live in rual area.....most of youth spend their most time working and living in urban areas.

for example, My parents have a small piece of land and one small room in a village,which is left by my grandparents ,but no one live in it.

My parents have a 2-story house in the countytown,but they usually spend only 3-5 months there and the house is often vacate too.

If people are not living in rural areas and leaving rural areas, then how is agriculture being done?

I wonder if the children and old people can manage agriculture that is necessary to feel the billions of Chinese people!

huaxia rox

everything i said is backed up by links from the west or indian media.

want to ignore that and refuse to accept simple truth like usual be my guest.

by the way any proofs to back up the 10% occupied theory?

sorcerer

Country flag
To a certain level PRC wanted to bring down the divide between Urban level and rural level, under directive from UN. PRC is under a constant criticism of floating their foreign reserves in US treasury bills. These villages are how PRC stops the criticism + trying to close the rural -urban divide.

vram

Country flag

This is same even in India for people who have migrated from villages. Our grand parents have a house in the native village. But no one lives there now. Every one including our parents live in different apartments in the city.

Also thanks for your earlier explanation. But that still doesn't explain how the corruption can be prevented in the Govt side by giving favourable contracts. And incase a majority of the people are resisting the change then what happens...I mean not evreryone in every village will accept such kind of change..there will always be resistance especially among the old people...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is same even in India for people who have migrated from villages. Our grand parents have a house in the native village. But no one lives there now. Every one including our parents live in different apartments in the city.
That means nobody is looking after your house and land in the village?

Would someone not they take it was by occupying the house and the land?

vram

Country flag
That means nobody is looking after your house and land in the village?

Would someone not they take it was by occupying the house and the land?
No one lives there. Usually someone from the family will visit there once in a while to make sure things are OK. But renting it out will require major renovations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No one lives there. Usually someone from the family will visit there once in a while to make sure things are OK. But renting it out will require major renovations.

You are lucky.

If land and house is left unattended, then someone will take over the house by force and start tilling the land and taking the produce as his own!

vram

Country flag
You are lucky.

If land and house is left unattended, then someone will take over the house by force and start tilling the land and taking the produce as his own!
Nothing left to tilt . Only the house is there. The land was sold long ago..

nimo_cn

Country flag
Normally there are a lot of cars in China.

This picture does not show the same, or have I missed something?

I agree we also don't have farms and crop within city limits!
A very insightful observation, this is another ghost city created by CPC, but sorry I forget its name.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles