China nears approval of $16 billion domestic jet-engine plan: Xinhua

p2prada

Re: China nears approval of $16 billion domestic jet-engine plan: Xinh

Why would any sane government invest 16 Billion dollars into failed engine programmes giving no returns?
The $16 Billion would include other engine development programs, not just WS-10. There is WS-13 and the yet unknown J-20 engine. Then you would have civilian engines under development along with other types of engines for transports, helicopters and UAVs.

Nothing to say this is going into the WS-10 program alone, that wouldn't make sense.

J20!

Country flag
Re: China nears approval of $16 billion domestic jet-engine plan: Xinh

The $16 Billion would include other engine development programs, not just WS-10. There is WS-13 and the yet unknown J-20 engine. Then you would have civilian engines under development along with other types of engines for transports, helicopters and UAVs.

Nothing to say this is going into the WS-10 program alone, that wouldn't make sense.
I never said the 16 billion would cover WS10A alone. I said "over 10 individual jet engine programmes".

That includes the development programmes for the WS15, WS12, WS13,CJ1000A high-by pass for the C919 and Y20, various UAV and missile turbofans etc etc.

I don't think the 16 Billion dollar jet engine plan even includes WS10A considering that it's a complete programme delivering units to frontline fighter. Unless we consider its supply line development, manufacturing plant development and upgrade or maintenance cycles and programmes similar to what exists for the current AL31 production and maintenance line in China:

DEFENSE STUDIES: China Makes Modifications to Russian Salyut AL-31F Jet Engine

Global Defence

New threads

Articles