China, India should get over unfortunate past: Says Chinese expert

Capt. Akbar

NEW DELHI: China and India should get over the "infortunate incidents" of the past relating to their festering border issue and open a new page in relations as soon as possible, Li Junru, a top Chinese expert, said here Wednesday.

Li, addressing Indian media on China's once-in-a-decade leadership change, said talks on the border issue between the two countries had helped to bring in more understanding.
He said "unhappy and unfortunate incidents in the past" over the border have "hindered further development" in relations between the two countries. Five decades of the 1962 India-China war were marked in October-November this year.

But putting behind the past both countries "should open a new page as soon as possible", said Li. This, he added, "will benefit people of both countries".

Li said he was "happy to see that we are engaged in negotiations, and though a breakthrough yet remains, we have more understanding of each other."

He was referring to the joint mechanism set up on the border issue. India's National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon is to meet China's special representative Dai Bingguo in Beijing later this month to take forward the boundary talks, their 16th such.

The top Chinese expert said both sides "should make compromises... meet each other half way for early settlement of the border issue."

"I believe when it (border issue) is solved, there will be nothing in the way of China-India relations."

He said China and India relations are very important and the Chinese see Indians as friends.

"We are two large developing countries.. exchanges between the two countries will benefit both sides and contribute to peace in the world."

The two-way trade between India and China can touch $100 billion by 2015, if both sides "work harder and find ways to boost trade", said Li.

The two-way trade has grown from $4.9 billion in 2000 to $73.9 billion last year.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had met outgoing Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao in Phnom Penh Nov 19, which was their 14th meeting in eight years. During their 45-minute bilateral talks, Wen had told Manmohan Singh he was "very happy they had been able to develop an equation".

The two countries are holding a "strategic economic dialogue" at the end of November in New Delhi. The Indian side would be led by Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia, while China is to send a large economic delegation, comprising economic experts.

Source : China, India should get over unfortunate past: Chinese expert - Times Of India

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
That expert should just shut the ----- up. East asians, no matter chinese, korean or japanese, or of mixed lineage living elsewhere, can never live in harmony with indians. This is the conclusion I've drawn up myself ever since high school. He should first try to talk to an 'sensible' indian just to see if he could have some meaningful dialogue with him, the answer is resoundingly no. Indians hate east asians more than they love themselves, it's that simple.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
That expert should just shut the ----- up. East asians, no matter chinese, korean or japanese, or of mixed lineage living elsewhere, can never live in harmony with indians. This is the conclusion I've drawn up myself ever since high school. He should first try to talk to an 'sensible' indian just to see if he could have some meaningful dialogue with him, the answer is resoundingly no. Indians hate east asians more than they love themselves, it's that simple.
I tend to agree with you now, after some exchanging of ideas with forum users here.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What a ----ing idiot! :crazy:

East Asians hate each other more than anything else. Funny the way Chinese lie here. And most Indians are hardly bothered about East Asians, let alone "love" or "hate". What a retard we have here. :crazy:

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chinese expert can say what he wants as in OP. they are sitting pretty with our land.

But I guess if we can maintain peace at status quo, we can live together. Nobody will be ready to relinquish an inch from the current status quo.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Whenever I visit East Asia, folks always welcome the Indian rise because they believe us to be a counter to China. Ethnic Chinese are especially wary of China.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Whenever I visit East Asia, folks always welcome the Indian rise because they believe us to be a counter to China. Ethnic Chinese are especially wary of China.
Exactly. This chap Tony has a habit of talking out of his Musharraf.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
What a ----ing idiot! :crazy: East Asians hate each other more than anything else. Funny the way Chinese lie here. And most Indians are hardly bothered about East Asians, let alone "love" or "hate". What a retard we have here. :crazy:
bro - that guy you were referring to is for sure some retard - japs did some to china just a few decades ago , koreasn are DEEPLY offended if you ask them if they are from china ....koreans in an effort to distance themselves from chinese always "claim" bulgarian origin and similarities ( some might laugh but do your googling and confim what ive just written ) ...yeah the koreans dislike chin that much that they have to create such stories ! :rofl:

as far as indians go ------ i had suggested in a thread some couple of months back we are closest to the peoples of the middle east - definitely culturally and ethnically speaking - we really are lookin not west but rather mid-west and definitely not east

....we neither love nor hate chin ......

but regardign the "unfortunate incnidents " all that is bull-talk :toilet:

put action , return the aksai and shagsam , dragon is still 3 times india - not willing to do that , so we dont believe a word you say !! :lol:

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
You just fell into an typical East Asia trap though, I agree that east asian hate eachother, but pardon my blunt rudeness, most Korean and Japanese discriminate against Indian in the bottom of their heart, China maybe the only place in East Asia treat you as an partner of equally ancient civilization.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I tend to agree with you now, after some exchanging of ideas with forum users here.
Judging people, based on your exchanges in a forum might not be a good idea.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
You just fell into an typical East Asia trap though, I agree that east asian hate eachother, but pardon my blunt rudeness, most Korean and Japanese discriminate against Indian in the bottom of their heart, China maybe the only place in East Asia treat you as an partner of equally ancient civilization.
hey there cinoti - what you are referring to is on an individual basis ..... korean are ok with indian but i suppose japanese could be more towards what you are saying , but again that is on an individual basis ....on a national basis , however, it is the exact opposite :- we are on v good terms with japan and korea too .

Last edited:

Oblaks

The reality is that all over the world, Chinese are hated and considered as a virus!!!!

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
India can be friends with China after we proliferate nukes to all the countries China has disputes with. We cannot fail to return the favour for China arming Pakis. :)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We are talking about national interests as @roma pointed out.

Frankly I have never felt discriminated, not even in China so I would like to believe people to people is a very individual thing.

And I don't quite agree that China has maintained its ancient civilization's ethos in the present times. This my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Indians hate east asians more than they love themselves, it's that simple.
I think Indians dislike Pakistanis more than anyone else, and they can be grouped as Indians only. So there you go.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles