Asian? Yes. How about Pakistani? Or is speaking the truth racism?

Scalieback

Professional
Scalie,

All said and done, I tip my hat to you.

Well done.

Good to see you fighting and giving it back.

That's spirit.

Even if ARRSE is no patch to your 'God for Harry, England and St George' spirit.

ARRSE is a wimpish cowardly crowd to include the Mods, who basically find strength in ganging up like the Skinheads.
Thanks Ray, as I said; you need to understand the British squaddie mentaility.

Scalieback

Professional
Ha ha ha.

Well, if I were to come across a 'passing Sassanach,' I would be at my liberty to assume that he is either English, Dutch, or German, but I could never be sure. ;)
You are, but I won't get het up about it, despite the history England, Scotland, Wales and ireland have had. As for the French ............. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Scalie,

Enjoy this!

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

It is, black male. So they should be looking for persons of Afro/American descent. How do they describe Indians?
No, black could be (1) Afro-American, (2) African, or (3) Carribean.

Indians are called Indians, and justifiably so. Native Americans are also called Indians, but then, whenever there is any scope of ambiguity, it is clarified.

Yep, same as Brits having bad teeth. I watch Family Guy. I also thought they put them down as 7-11 workers. Ah Poo being?
Family Guy is fun, but then, they take metaphors too far. Does not quite reflect the reality on the ground.

It is. How do they describe Ah Poo from the Simpsons?
I haven't watched Simpsons, so I have no idea.

Scalieback

Professional
You nailed it. Yes, it is a certain section of the Asian community, and they are called Pakistanis, not Indian, Nepalese, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Kazakh, Mongol, et al.

Now, within the Pakistanis, some may be law abiding, some not. You can further refine your description. Just don't use the term 'Asian,' is my protest to the British media.
Please feel free to take it up with the CRE. I call spade's digging implements. The peado's should be treated as peado's

If you have read the thread, I am sure you will see no one is trying to broad-brush all Muslims.
They're not, just the Pakistani rhetoric seen all over this board. Apart from some wars though and as you're the same race, why the vitriol against Pakistan? You can't help but feel it's religion based from an outside perspective.

Scalieback

Professional
They however go after anyone who violates peace or threatens peace and books them.

No PC there.

Just one example:

Nigerian "underwear" bomber gets life in prison in U.S.
A federal judge on Thursday sentenced a Nigerian man to life in prison for trying to blow up a U.S. airliner bound for Detroit on Christmas Day in 2009 with a bomb hidden in his underwear.
Nigerian underwear bomber gets life in prison in U.S. | Reuters

Not like old Abu Hamza having a ball!
They're not the same Ray and you denigrate the argument by using wildly opposing examples. Racism is rife in America. What happened after 9-11? Did they just target muslims? Arabs? Or did they target a whole group of Asians?

pmaitra

You are, but I won't get het up about it, despite the history England, Scotland, Wales and ireland have had. As for the French ............. :)
French are romantic, well, at least their language is. French women, fur-pies, French wine, second to Australian.

I have quite a few acquaintances who have visited Europe. They have good opinion of the Germans, Dutch, Scandinavians, but almost always have forgettable opinion about the French. Perhaps they should simply refuse entry to non-Francophones into their country.

Personal experience: A German would struggle to speak English, but will go out of his way to help a foreigner.

Scalieback

Professional
Please remember, we don't pose as the 'conscience keeper' of the world or the 'leader of world morality'.

We don't even claim to be a 'first world power'.

We are merely trying to reach acceptance as finding a place in the sun commensurate to our capabilities.

Therefore, to use you quaint expression, is but an impotent tirade over 'apples and oranges'!

No, haven't been abused, but you seem to be 'in the know' of being so! ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Oh dear, Ray is up to his old tricks. Obfuscation rather than debate.

Can you answer the question? What kiddie fiddling legislation was on the books in 1947?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Please feel free to take it up with the CRE. I call spade's digging implements. The peado's should be treated as peado's

They're not, just the Pakistani rhetoric seen all over this board. Apart from some wars though and as you're the same race, why the vitriol against Pakistan? You can't help but feel it's religion based from an outside perspective.
If you say that Indians and Pakistanis are the same race in Pakistan, you would be labelled a right wing Hindu chauvinist dreaming of Akhand Bharat.

You will be lynched!

I would say that leave them be. If they think that they are different, so be it!

Scalieback

Professional
Indians and Pakistanis are the same race anyway. Ask, and confirm from, those Pakistanis in the US who were masquerading as Indians after OBL's capture/death.
Not sure I understand this. Must be me. We know it's the same race and some Pakistani's were calling themselves Indian after OBL's death? Why? So they wouldn't be attacked?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Oh dear, Ray is up to his old tricks. Obfuscation rather than debate.

Can you answer the question? What kiddie fiddling legislation was on the books in 1947?
Not really.

Many thing are in the statutes.

Application is tardy.

Then there is the Vote Bank politics that I see Britain has learnt.

Appeasing those who can tilt the scales to enter Parliament and then , a majority, seize power.

That is why you find things like 'civil society' crusades going on in this country.

Have you anything like an Anna Hazare Movement?

Last edited:

pmaitra

True, treat paedophiles as paedophiles, and a plough as a plough.

Yes, I understand the outside perspective. It probably looks like that.

Perhaps you should see this thread from a fraternal Afghan: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/foreign-relations/35650-afghanistan-loves-india.html

This should clear your doubts whether this is about Muslims or Pakistanis. Also, Pakistanis are also to blame, for their very own boastful claims as flag-bearers of Islam, which they are not IMO.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
It is survival based. There are as many muslims in India as there are in Pakistan or may be even a bit more.
Pakistan has based its identity and existence on being anti-India. This has been the case ever since they came into being. I don't know how religion plays into all this.
But I know one thing, if someone has made it his/her mission of life to harm me I don't have time to diagnose whether the disease is religious or otherwise.
I'd have to fight a pitched and continuous war for survival. Indian and Pakistan are fighting even today. Only difference is, guns have been are a bit silent on the physical border lately.

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

Not sure I understand this. Must be me. We know it's the same race and some Pakistani's were calling themselves Indian after OBL's death? Why? So they wouldn't be attacked?
Yes, identifying oneself as a Pakistani was a matter of humiliation, even if he was a good person. If a South Asian was at risk of being attacked, somehow communicating to the attackers that he is Indian could save his life. This is a fact.

Said that, no such attacks happened here in North Carolina. If one says he is Pakistani, he is less likely to be attacked. Americans are generally very welcoming.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Scalie,

You live in the UK.

Do you have a Pakistani or a Bangladeshi restaurant?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, identifying oneself as a Pakistani was a matter of humiliation, even if he was a good person. If a South Asian was at risk of being attacked, somehow communicating to the attackers that he is Indian could save his life. This is a fact.

Said that, no such attacks happened here in North Carolina. If one says he is Pakistani, he is less likely to be attacked. Americans are generally very welcoming.
You must see the Indian film My Name Is Khan!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
They're not the same Ray and you denigrate the argument by using wildly opposing examples. Racism is rife in America. What happened after 9-11? Did they just target muslims? Arabs? Or did they target a whole group of Asians?
A Sikh was murdered in the midwest US as a result. (He wore a turban, so he must have been one of those A-rabs.:-()

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Scalie,

Compare your treatment here with ARRSE.

We are tolerant to convergent views too.

And we don't think, like those in ARRSE, that we are God's own Gonads with Sun Shining out of our rectum!

Convert that to ARRSE style and you will get the meaning zap between your eyes!

You all in ARRSE do.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles