Ashdoc's movie review---Dhoom 3

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
@Singh 313 crore in 5 days & counting...... All records smashed.

500 crores to be raked in how many days ?

1000 crores ,...? Any bets ?

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I was forced to watch this movie and ended up hating every minute of it and wondering if indians lack some gene that is responsible for creating good movies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh 313 crore in 5 days & counting...... All records smashed.

500 crores to be raked in how many days ?

1000 crores ,...? Any bets ?
Obviously not because the word of mouth publicity is not going to work in its favour

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Obviously not because the word of mouth publicity is not going to work in its favour
I think it would make 500 crore within next 2 weeks...1000 crore is quite difficult though, especially after new releases take up the screen.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I was forced to watch this movie and ended up hating every minute of it and wondering if indians lack some gene that is responsible for creating good movies.
Mr. intellectual, no matter what you proclaim, you would keep returning for all dumb-ass intellectually-inferior Bollywood releases.

kseeker

Retired
Man, what's wrong with your gene ? Is it mutated already ? You seem to hate everything which is Indian !

If you see in the mirror, what it is like ? Indian, Canadian, Pakistani or disgusting ? :heh:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I watched the movie with my family and my 4 year old daughter said why katrina kaif was taking off her cloths while dancing and when she is going to wear it back. :rofl:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
If one has not seen "The Prestige" & "Now you see me", then there are enough surprises in store. It is a perfect family movie without any gore, violence or useless skin-show. Immensely entertaining. And finally, AAMIR KHAN - what can we say, except:

HATS-OFF, man. Your work is an example worth emulating.
Don't know when Bollywood will do something original.
Story sounds like a cheap rip off of now you see me and the prestige.
These copycat directors should be thrown into jail and fined heavily.

pkroyal

Dhoom -3

Plot is a bit contrived
The other Aamir ( in the box) was constantly hamming with his put on stutter
Direction & stunts are good
Katrina has been wasted in a now you see me now you don't role.
Abhishek & Uday are peripheral characters with their roles not fleshed out.
Chemistry between Katrina & Aamir is like cold turkey ( nothing like Dhoom -2)
Skyfall had more soul than Dhoom-3

Last edited:

Free Karma

Hmmm....
we will know how good this movie was when Dhoom 4 comes out! (given the reception....you know there is a dhoom 4 coming, 2-3 years from now)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dhoom 4 will have Salman Khan and 5 will have Shah rukh. :D

sydsnyper

Country flag
Tips to improve DHOOM 3 :

1a. After a bunch hilarious escapades, Abhishek and Uday Chopra end up on separate planes to Chicago. Uday Chopra is on a single seater plane...it crashes in the pacific ocean and sinks way down to the mariana trench (the deepest hole known to man) and the movie goes on without him.

1b. Alternately, Uday Chopra still gets a solo plane, but this time it crash lands on a lonely island where a crocodile eats him. The rest of the movie is a biopic on the tragic life of the crocodile that had to eat him.

2. Katrina Kaif is replaced by an actual barbie doll, the producers save a ton of money and audiences a ton of horrible acting.

3. Amir Khan's childhood role is played by the kid from Taare Zamien Pe..... the producers wait for the kid to grow up and shoot the rest of the movie with him.

4. Not just the story line, the producers actually cut-paste scenes from the Fast & Furious - Tokyo Drift into Dhoom 3. Audience still has to bear with the unrelated movie sequences, but hey, we at least get the awesome music by the teriyaki boys.

5. When the SWAT team enters the bank, they turn around and shoot the movie director.

6. Never ever, ever, ever, ever...let Jackie Shroff take a bank loan.... that was the root cause of the three hours of evil...

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Dhoom 3 makes 500 crore + in 16 days as I correctly predicted.

A matter of weeks before it reaches 1000 crore.

Within less than a decade, we will see a Bollywood potboiler raking in 1 billion USD +

vram

Country flag
I have a general question. Have watched over the years some of the romcom and action movies for middle class or urban consumption from bollywood like break ke baad, Love aaj kal, KANK, DHOOM 2 etc that are predominantly shot in foreign locations and the character seem more NRI than Indian settings. Why is this so? I watch telegu and tamil movies for the same genre and never find this ttrend....and leave alone the budget part. I mean things seem to be so artificial as though disconnected from current living standards and society in the country....while on the other end of the spectrum we have dabang which is over the top 180 degree the otherside..
Just no longer any plane old genre like ghulam, rangeela etc...
I think the chopra productions started this trend of NRI life style with dilwale dulhaniya ...not sure if i got the production house correct...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles