Arunachal gets first railway track

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Rail Budget 2013: Bansal connects Arunachal to railway network | Firstpost

Union Minister for Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal today added the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh in the country's railway map as he announced the laying of the first track from Harmoti in Assam to Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh.

The distance between Harmoti and Naharlagun is 23 km. The track is likely to be commissioned within the next fiscal year.

The addition of Arunachal Pradesh to the rail network is of immense importance given its remoteness and also due to its proximity to China. The introduction of railways in the state is likely to boost India's defence preparedness in the India-China border.

Bansal also announced that the expansion work of the Indian Railways will go on "in full swing" in Manipur during the 2013-14 period. The state capital of Imphal is already connected with the rail network.
Atleast, there is something to cheer about in the railway budget this year.

marshal panda

Country flag
Strategic requirements are placed next to political necessity.Actually there should be cobwebs of railway track parallel to live borders.

Patriot

Country flag
Finally Good Morning to Railway. they have woken up.

It may sound impractical from cost point of view but ideally there should be underground rail networks in near border areas & specially in north east region from strategic point of view.

Rail network is going to be very helpful in the faster economic development of the region. Industries can be encouraged for the investment in the region.

Dinesh_Kumar

Super...

Good news.

For more clarity, can someone please put a map of proposed rail line ? (Kunal Dada....)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One great action taken by the UPA Govt.

Cheers to the UPA!

At last, I have something to feel good about the UPA Govt!

I will indulge myself with a Beer, even though I have given up alcohol.

It is a time to celebrate that the UPA can deliver!

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Rail link to atleast Itanagar would do great.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles