Army camp in Uri under attack, several personnel killed

sgarg

Pro-establishment Pakistanis on their TV have repeatedly said that Pakistan has been spurned by Modi and for the last 10 odd years they have been keeping quiet re:Kashmir, not anymore.

Also add to it a few more noteworthy news items :
1. Afghan withdrawl
2. Infilitration in winters
3. ZeZ ops
4. Strategic deals with US and Russia
5. Cancellation of Afghan-India defence deal

My thinking:
Pakistan is going to turn up the taps in Kashmir to pressurise India on Astan.
Also cut deals with jihadis and force them to leave Pak soil and goto Astan and/or Kashmir. PA guys have repeatedly said that they don't want any muslim blood on their hands.
I think you are correct.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Pro-establishment Pakistanis on their TV have repeatedly said that Pakistan has been spurned by Modi and for the last 10 odd years they have been keeping quiet re:Kashmir, not anymore.

1. Afghan withdrawl
3. ZeZ ops

My thinking:
Also cut deals with jihadis and force them to leave Pak soil and goto Astan and/or Kashmir. PA guys have repeatedly said that they don't want any muslim blood on their hands.
Nothing is going to work !!

These guys are brainwashed and are motivated by their holy texts.

Diplomacy with an Islamic nation will never work they have their own language !!

Afghans themselves want India to help them, who is Pakistan to say anything about a sovereign nation!!

It is an insult to Afghans and Afghanistan if they have to follow what Pakistan says. Afghanistan is a country long before Pakistan and they have their unique identity.

Last edited:

sgarg

I am not in government, you are asking the wrong person.
The security establishment of the country has to come out with solutions. I am sure the government will provide resources.

sgarg

The problem of terrorism is very complex. There are no easy solutions. The problem has to be "managed" with a combination of technology and tactics.

There are losses in every war. Let us not get this feeling that we are invincible. Let us treat this as a "WAR" in which we are also suffering losses of men and materiel as our enemies do. The trick is to make them lose more.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Electricity won't solve this issue. And yes 56 inch statement is extremely relevant after all the bravado we witnessed during Election Campaigns we are yet to see anything on ground in terms of concrete action. This government thinks that it would get away with "patriotic statements" and Media management? Voters will prove it wrong.

Our people are getting killed within our territory by the external aggressors, this is not a simple matter. Morale of our defence and paramilitary forces is at all-time low. Old tactics won't work against these sophisticated mercenaries. WHat happened to the "Munh tod Jawaab"? When is that coming?
Like what bravado we witnessed vis a vis Pakistan during elections. Please provide links.

hit&run

Mod

1. Afghan withdrawl
3. ZeZ ops

My thinking:
Predictably you started with mentioning Modi.

1. InA and many other Indian think tanks were well before 2011 predicting rather betting all the money that Pakistan will open the taps on Kashmir post USA withdrawal. It is sad to see Indians are going to talk everything and anything but aren't going to put onus back on Pakistan.

We have become nation of apologists that even when terrorist attacks are planned and conducted by Pakistanis the reasons are searched in India.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Like what bravado we witnessed vis a vis Pakistan during elections. Please provide links.
"Pakistan would be on the right path. Even Army would not be needed for this. Only if Modi goes and sits at that place, it would be sufficient to put them in their right place," he said, adding, "If Modi becomes PM, then even China's chopper would never land in Arunachal Pradesh."

Pakistan, China will never dare to challenge India, if Modi becomes PM, says Amit Shah

Modi recently went to Kashmir iirc.

brational

Country flag
Bomb POK T-CAMPS, Recapture our land and live happily ever after.

DingDong

Country flag
Please don't waste bandwidth of this forum. Even a Indian living in remote locations knows what Modi had said about Terror and what had he promised.

They are killing our people on our soil and our government including our PM can do nothing but blabber and invoke "patriotism". Just wait for his next public speech when he will say "Shaheedon ko shat shat naman", again. Only way of respecting the memories of our Jawans is by avenging their death.

No matter how motivated our men in uniform are when they are not safe in their barracks, they will start having doubts.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Predictably you started with mentioning Modi.

1. InA and many other Indian think tanks were well before 2011 predicting rather betting all the money that Pakistan will open the taps on Kashmir post USA withdrawal. It is sad to see Indians are going to talk everything and anything but aren't going to put onus back on Pakistan.

We have become nation of apologists that even when terrorist attacks are planned and conducted by Pakistanis the reasons are searched in India.
Predicatably you took offence because I mentioned the name of a Hindu.

This is what I said :

"Pro-establishment Pakistanis on their TV have repeatedly said that Pakistan has been spurned by Modi and for the last 10 odd years they have been keeping quiet re:Kashmir, not anymore."

sgarg

"Pakistan would be on the right path. Even Army would not be needed for this. Only if Modi goes and sits at that place, it would be sufficient to put them in their right place," he said, adding, "If Modi becomes PM, then even China's chopper would never land in Arunachal Pradesh."

Pakistan, China will never dare to challenge India, if Modi becomes PM, says Amit Shah

Let us be practical. Politicians talk hyperbole. Politicians are crafting words for semi-literate and illiterate public.

That said, measures are constantly taken to improve security.

As I said, this situation requires utmost effort of security establishment and government both. The government must provide ALL POSSIBLE resources for fighting terrorism. The resources include vehicles, sensors, appropriate weapons, self protection kits etc.

The soldiers' morale will improve when then have the equipment they need.

DingDong

Country flag
Let us be practical. Politicians talk hyperbole. Politicians are crafting words for semi-literate and illiterate public.

That said, measures are constantly taken to improve security.

As I said, this situation requires utmost effort of security establishment and government both. The government must provide ALL POSSIBLE resources for fighting terrorism. The resources include vehicles, sensors, appropriate weapons, self protection kits etc.

The soldiers' morale will improve when then have the equipment they need.
Soldiers' morale will improve when they will get a chance of engaging the enemy inside the enemy territory and not die while napping in their bunkers.

VOters must not ignore that the politicians promised while seeking our votes. They won't send their kids to serve in defence forces, our men and women serve there.

Neil

Country flag
Please don't waste bandwidth of this forum. Even a Indian living in remote locations knows what Modi had said about Terror and what had he promised.

They are killing our people on our soil and our government including our PM can do nothing but blabber and invoke "patriotism". Just wait for his next public speech when he will say "Shaheedon ko shat shat naman", again. Only way of respecting the memories of our Jawans is by avenging their death.

No matter how motivated our men in uniform are when they are not safe in their barracks, they will start having doubts.
R.I.P to our boys.. sympathies and prayers to their families

What makes u think their death will not be avenged..? if new government's record is anything to go by death of our jawans is being avenged. Wait for election dust to settle.

hit&run

Mod

So you will take every thing literally like a simpleton than seeing it as a speech putting responsibility back on the leader who now in Power has positively started making the right moves especially the upgradtion of defense (essential to back diplomatic moves); which congress-I systematically brought to its knees.

And this is what Modi did, Islamabad shocked as Indian Army launches 'massive' retaliation to border firing... and confident PM Modi promises 'everything will be all right soon'-- | Daily Mail Online

And Modi hasn't yet finished.

What has been done by present dispensation is getting discredited on the lines of what scared to their guts Pakistanis wanted to do. You want to earn brownie points for same rag tag local party AAP, be my guest. What a strong leadership has done to these desperate Pakistanis need a good eye of a watcher which your political bias is not letting you see. Tomorrow when the war will broke, our own words will be used against us by these Pakistanis.

Pakistanis are seeing war coming that is why they are rushing to everyone.

India hasn't started yet which you didn't mentioned in the first post. Pakistan has just betrayed Haqqanis and other groups by launching ZeZ to please USA. They refused to do it before but seeing India re-surging politically they just have just spit on their own strategic assets.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
So you will take every thing literally like a simpleton than seeing it as a speech putting responsibility back on the leader who now in Power has positively started making the right moves especially the upgradtion of defense (essential to back diplomatic moves); which congress-I systematically brought to its knees.
I take everything that politicians say with a pinch of salt. The reference was provided when you asked for links for BJP's poll claims.

===
That's actually BS. Go ask any Army commander there. Will he tolerate his jawan being killed in Pakistani fire and not kill theirs in return ?
Do you think the Dogras, Marathas, Punjabis, Sikhs, Jaats, Rajpus, Garwahlis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis etc. are pussies ? They will take the death of their brother soldiers lying down ?

Indian security forces there are far better equipped and resources than Pakistani soldiers across LoC. For the last many years we have been given them a dispropotionate response for every firing incident.

This time Indian Govt decided to publicise it. Many sr officers were against publicising our response as it could give impetus to infiltration.

====

What has been done by present dispensation is getting discredited on the lines of what scared to their guts Pakistanis wanted to do. You want to earn brownie points for same rag tag local party AAP, be my guest. What a strong leadership has done to these desperate Pakistanis need a good eye of a watcher which your political bias is not letting you see. Tomorrow when the war will broke, our own words will be used against us by these Pakistanis.

Pakistanis are seeing war coming that is why they are rushing to everyone.

India hasn't started yet which you didn't mentioned in the first post. Pakistan has just betrayed Haqqanis and other groups by launching ZeZ to please USA. They refused to do it before but seeing India re-surging politically they just have just spit on their own strategic assets.
Security policies are not drafted in isolation. They are drafted taking everyone on board.

hit&run

Mod
Predicatably you took offence because I mentioned the name of a Hindu.

This is what I said :

"Pro-establishment Pakistanis on their TV have repeatedly said that Pakistan has been spurned by Modi and for the last 10 odd years they have been keeping quiet re:Kashmir, not anymore."
I don't see it has hindu or no hindu issue. Why it was predictable to me, I have mentioned it in my last post, something to do with your support to AAP.

Logic with your opening statement is that because of Modi, Pakistan will be making things difficult for us. You have been doing plenty of effort to prove the same point previously that there has been more violence and internal security issue during BJP rule than UPA-1 and UPA-2. But the fallacy there and here was always not to put blame on Pakistan but finding faults within us.

Poseidon

Country flag
Looks like Bhakts are are trying to find excuses.

Anyways another encounter in Srinagar 1 terrorist gunned down. 2 more trapped.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't see it has hindu or no hindu issue. Why it was predictable to me, I have mentioned it in my last post, something to do with your support to AAP. Logic with your opening statement is that because of Modi, Pakistan will be making things difficult for us.
I think the only reason you are taking offence is that I am neither a Hindu nor a BJP blind supporter, anyways.

I clearly said this is what Pakistanis are saying on their TV. If Pakistanis are peddling this logic to their people, how can I be blamed ?

I have clearly mentioned the various reasons why they are ratcheting up the thermostat in Kashmir. And I believe one poster agreed with me but you don't find any offensive with his post. Probably because he is a Hindu and a BJP supporter.

==

You have been doing plenty of effort to prove the same point previously that there has been more violence and internal security issue during BJP rule than UPA-1 and UPA-2. But the fallacy there and here was always not to put blame on Pakistan but finding faults within us.
Yes, I have been saying and continue to say that UPA-2 did a great job security wise. Possibly the only good thing of that 5 year term.

The fact that there was going to be a lot of violence post UPA-2 was well known, and that's why I didn't buy BJP rhetoric when they said that Modi alone is enough to counter Pak and China no need for the Army even.

Neil

Country flag
That's actually BS. Go ask any Army commander there. Will he tolerate his jawan being killed in Pakistani fire and not kill theirs in return ?
Do you think the Dogras, Marathas, Punjabis, Sikhs, Jaats, Rajpus, Garwahlis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis etc. are pussies ? They will take the death of their brother soldiers lying down ?

Indian security forces there are far better equipped and resources than Pakistani soldiers across LoC. For the last many years we have been given them a dispropotionate response for every firing incident.

This time Indian Govt decided to publicise it. Many sr officers were against publicising our response as it could give impetus to infiltration.

Just for the record saar... It wasnt government publicizing the whole issue or our counter offensive ops it was media. It was first big test for Modi in terms of his pakistan policy and you would expect some sort of media enternment out of it and security establishment and babus obliged with sound bites.
Anyways the response was much appreciated by all.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Just for the record saar... It wasnt government publicizing the whole issue or our counter offensive ops it was media. It was first big test for Modi in terms of his pakistan policy and you would expect some sort of media enternment out of it and security establishment and babus obliged with sound bites.
Anyways the response was much appreciated by all.
Yes, the media blitz was for public consumption.

As I said Many Sr Army officers from what I understand were opposed to such a media coverage.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles