Alleged Indian Involvement in Terrorist Attacks in Pakistan

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
Dawn is still a Pakistani newspaper hence reserves the right to present pro-Pakistani view point. Besides I do not find anything wrong with the article except that it is not totally favoring the Indian point of view.

It is neither uncommon nor unanticipated that rival countries try to out do each other. The 2nd World War, Communist Russian expansion in Europe, Korean, Vietnam, Afghan, and Gulf wars are such examples where the two or multiple of the countries tried to play their games. During the forty or so odd years of the cold war, that is exactly what the two rivals and their respective blocks did to each other. Now we can always debate on who was morally wrong and who was right, though this would largely be a theoretical debate as morals are generally set by those who have an upper hand. As it is said that the “victors write the history”.

The Indian government is not being run by the army of the angels and not everybody sitting in Islamabad is an evil. There is no doubt in my mind that both the countries actively and passively interfere in each others matter in order to secure a better bargaining position. It would be hard to believe that Indians or other regional players are not trying to benefit from the prevailing situation in Pakistan and in Afghanistan. And I for one have no problem if it is happening as that is exactly what the international politics is all about.

My problem with Malik and others like him is when they talk without fortifying their claims with hard evidence and deliberately try to divert the attention of the general public from prevailing problems to the so called Indian hand. Foreign powers are playing games in Pakistan is nothing new, it happens everywhere and in every country. However, problem arises when the Governments and the responsible institutions are failed to counter such activities and situation goes out of control as it is happening in Pakistan.
I am not saying we are saints and we have not done anything wrong but dude what are Pakistani's smoking these days. They have recently blamed anything and everything on India, Israel, United States and whoever they can think off but not themselves.

What proof have you guys produced for your claims.
1) Have you found any Indians in these attacks, if yes can you provide name and address like we did for Kasab.
2) Have you not found behind each attack there are local people involved, have you not arrested people from Punjab and Afghanistan.
3) Has it not been established in multiple investigations that TTP fund is coming from Saudi and from Opium crops and from sympathizers in Pakistan.
4) Is it not true that after so many attacks you can still find TTP sympathizers in Pakistan. (Educated people who visit internet).
5) Some people have blamed India is running a terrorist training center in Afghanistan. Show us the proof give location to the world.
6) What have you done to the illegal arms market in Pakistan, where AK 47 is made by kids, why cannot you block it. Is it because you do not have the capability.
7) Pakistan army and ISI trained these people in armed conflict, they did not learn't these things from there mothers womb. Do not tell USA did it for Afganistan war, yes they did but that was long time back and you could have stopped it after they left, but for your strategic depth you continued.
8) Why are you not producing evidence to the world. Why your minsters does not answer the question in yes and no about if they gave any dossier to India or not. They are not doing this because they feel public is so happy living in dreams and they do not want to clarify.

I can go on and on and on.

I have seen most of the videos available and followed every news of attack in Pakistan, read multiple site on differing views. Apart from conspiracy theories and what not I have found nothing pointing to India.

Zaid Hamid said Kasab is Amar Singh and it proved wrong, he said USA did 9/11 no proof supplied and this joker is been praised and his theories believed in Pakistan. To top is up people are following his profession by becoming one of his kind.

Wake up, see the reality, TTP is bombing you because you are bombing them.

Even after all this you still believe that India is doing it then fine, I cannot argue with people who do not apply there mind.

Flint

I'm sorry Qsaark, but the plain and simple facts are that India has nothing whatsoever to do with the Pakistani Taliban or the numerous Punjab-based terror groups that are now emerging. Any attempts to foist the blame onto India is either utter foolishness, or a deliberate ploy to achieve some ulterior goal.

qsaark

I'm sorry Qsaark, but the plain and simple facts are that India has nothing whatsoever to do with the Pakistani Taliban or the numerous Punjab-based terror groups that are now emerging. Any attempts to foist the blame onto India is either utter foolishness, or a deliberate ploy to achieve some ulterior goal.
I believe the following line has sufficiently addressed to the concerns raised.

“My problem with Malik and others like him is when they talk without fortifying their claims with hard evidence and deliberately try to divert the attention of the general public from prevailing problems to the so called Indian hand”.

As far as plain and simple fact is concerned, neither I nor you are fully aware of what it is even though reading the accounts of officials, de-classified documents and the history books do provide us with some insight. International politics is far more complex and dirty than we want to see it or believe in and if there exists any plain and simple fact, it is this. If you still believe in holier-than-thou thing, you are most welcome.

Flint

International politics is far more complex and dirty than we want to see it or believe in and if there exists any plain and simple fact, it is this. If you still believe in holier-than-thou thing, you are most welcome.
Its not about "Holier than thou" or any sense of moral superiority. The fact is that India has nothing to gain from supporting the Taliban. Not only that, but the Taliban itself would never dream of willfully cooperating with their ultimate enemy.
The whole charade iis highly absurd, and frankly, any outsider will come to the same obvious conclusion.

Of course, there is not a shred evidence of Indian involvement - if there was, Pakistan would no doubt be waving it and screaming from the rooftops.

Its almost as if the Pakistani establishment is living in a parallel universe. If you read non-Pakistani analyses, articles, and papers on the current situation, and compare with the ones published from within Pakistan, the conclusions are so much at odds with each other that they might as well be talking about two completely different countries.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The GHQ attack has drawn accusations from several quarters in Pakistan that it was inspired by foreign powers; some have named India and the US among the usual suspects. Such ‘experts’ rarely bother to give any concrete evidence to substantiate their charges, which are based mainly on conjecture.

They can only argue as to which country would want to hurt Pakistan the most: surely it must be India. Since many now see the US as the enemy, it too, in their view, could be the hidden hand behind the attack. In this particular case the leader of the terrorists has been captured alive. An army spokesman has identified him as Aqeel, alias Dr Usman, affiliated with terrorist outfits based in southern Punjab. The terrorists involved in the attack were apparently trained in South Waziristan.

Will the spokesman’s disclosure silence those who see a foreign power behind the attack? Not likely.
The conspiracy theorists in this case are the same people who have been claiming that the suicide bombers — who have killed thousands in Pakistan over the last few years — could not be Muslims. They ignore the reality that many of the suicide bombers have been identified and found to be part of Islamist extremist groups such as the Taliban.

Similarly, some conspiracy theorists believe that Al Qaeda does not exist and the Sept 11, 2001 attacks were the handiwork of Israeli agents. The fact that Osama bin Laden has taken responsibility for 9/11 and all those involved in it were Arab nationals has not deterred the ardent believers of conspiracies.

How should one explain such a state of denial? It is not a case of not knowing the facts. Actually, the conspiracy theorists do not want to believe anything that comes in the way of their firmly held views: firstly, that the US, Israel and India are the arch enemies of Muslims; secondly, that the militants involved in the struggle against anti-Islam forces must be absolved of any charge of brutal excesses.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | A state of denial

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Actually what Mr Malik want to say is "Pakistan is behind most terror attack in India" but in hurry he said "India is behind most terror attacks in Pakistan"..............

Flint

I just read this on another forum (which shall remain anonymous):

I think Pakistan has found a way to close this gulf - a way out of the dilemma. Mr. Rehman Malik's recent statements have proved it.

He has fused the enemy in to giant Hindu-Taliban monster. A dangerous djinn that talks in the language of Islam but licks the boots of Hindus behind their back. Now they can be killed with no remorse.
Provocative - but I think there's a grain of truth there somewhere.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Speaking of which,

Pakistan accuses India of funding Taliban cadres
Pakistan is now accusing India of funding the Taliban militants, Online news agency reported on Monday.

The Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik, when asked during an TV interview about who was backing the Taliban, said, "There are certain hostile elements against Pakistan and there are certain hostile agencies which do not want Pakistan to be (stabilised)."

In response to a question on whether India was among the hostile agencies, Malik said, "Yes, of course, I am convinced. I have no doubt about it. I was very open. I have given the full details.

"If the interior minister of India or anyone else wants to confront me, I will be very happy to confront them because I know what I am saying," he added.

Malik had said last week that Pakistan had "solid evidence" of India's involvement in fomenting unrest in Balochistan province and he was ready to share it with Indian ministers or representatives at any forum of their choice.

"I invite their interior minister or anyone else (to come to Pakistan) and I will put on record all the material about India's interference in Balochistan. I'll prove it to the world," he had said.

Quickgun Murugan

‘I have time and again said there was Indian involvement in Balochistan and we have evidence, which could be shared with India, if they agree to come and sit with us,’ he claimed.

:rofl: . Why not share the evidence with the world to prove that India is bad? During Mumbai attacks India shared its evidence not only with Paksitan, but also sent a dossier to US, China, Iran.

I think, along with couple of Indian spies, they caught some PPP MNA's doing syping work for India. Hence, they want to keep it a secret and not reveal it to pakistani public

IBM

Everybody indcluding our Pak friends knows that concept of Taliban is creation of Pak and west during Afgan- Soviet war. After war ISI used these talibans aganst India in kashmir from 1987 till today. But ISI never predicted that table can be turned in future. With emergence of India as economic power and Sept 11, China factor has force USA to incline towards India offcource not to forget Indo Israel friendship, huge military shopping and there common motive.

Now coming to topic is India supporting talliban? Well, its a broader concept India may be or may not be. Its true that India does not want strong and nuclear Pakistan nether west. Probelm with Pak is they have no choice but to comply with US and there dollars. Due to that they are anoying taliban or other terror groups who in these years gained lot of power. Religion also plays a big part where extreamist groups goes with religon and most of Pak public too and Pak govt want to show its moderate image in the world. Mr malik who is traped within dollars and mullas has lost his mind. Not only malik the whole Pak leadership is directionless. I can only blame there leaders love towards dollars and power. As far as i know after Mr Jinaah and Mr bhutto no other leader dares to show eyes to west. Others just lickeing there bottom. I think Pak needs some strong leader if they want to survive otherwise we all know they are the target.

amitkriit

I just went through viewers comments posted on timesofindia.indiatimes.com, on a related article. Believe me I never laughed so much. Everybody must visit this one.

Pakistan - World - The Times of India

Here are a few:

a) Guess what ...We Indian do admit that you are our agent Mr Malik. LOL
b) If india is funding... way to go india...Pump in more
c) Rehman Malik has some wild imagination...... He should seriously consider dialog writing for Bollywood....
d) We thought only we had jokers as ministers. Laloo, Mayawati etc beware you have got competition from Pakistan
e) Pakistan has proof, and pigs fly. Both are reality.
f) Its like we are feeding thr childerns .ha ha
g) How true! India is also responsible for last year's earthquake in Pakistan! Mr. Malik- let the whole world know how wicked India is.
h) bahut hi majak karta hai yeh aadmi, majak karne ki aadat ***i nahi iski abhi tak.
i) ISI is renamed as Intelligent Services for India. ISI is funding Taliban ! I think Pak minister is quite right.
j) Looks like in Pakistan they celebrate April Fool's joke for about 10 months a year. ;-)
k) This guy does nor even know that India does not have a post by the name of 'Interior Minister'. And he is a minister in Pakistan. The media will raise a hue and cry when the non-existent 'Interior Minister' from India does not respond.

Why is everybody non-serious I wonder.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
this is by far the best

Krish,India,says:pakistan has proof, and pigs fly. Both are reality.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Yeah they make good comedians. One of them won our Laughter Challenge. I bet his 'evidence' is going to be a piss-poor enactment of someone with the surname "Sharma" or "Singh" (the Indian names they stereotype the most), paying money to a terrorist (unemployed, talented actors from Waziristan). MTV Fully Faltoo will be able to outdo their work.

India does not need to fund Taliban. It is established that Taliban has become self-sufficient, and is after its one time masters' arse.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
with leadership like that who needs terrorists to pull pakistan down ? why they can do it on their own without any assistance.

statements like those made by their interior minister show the whole world the quality of some of their claims and statements.

I think china must be v embarrased to have Pak as one of their proxies ?

Flint

All posts related to the pros and cons of stable Pakistan have been moved here.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
How will Mr. Malik expect the Jihad fighting brave Pak Army to fight the mumneem waging a twin Jihad, one for shariat in Pakistan and the other for removing the kaafir from the lands of the brave Pashtuns and devout Muslims ?

Simply by alleging that the mumneem waging a Jihad for Shariat in Pakistan are funded by Kaafirs they are al-mumneem-al-dajjal the followers of the devil.

Quickgun Murugan

Proof of Indian hand South Waziristan: army

ISLAMABAD: The security forces have found substantial evidence of Indian involvement for assisting terrorists in South Waziristan Agency, Director General ISPR Major General Athar Abbas said.

‘Indian literature and weapons under the use of terrorists have been recovered from South Waziristan and more evidence is being gathered,’ he said addressing a joint media briefing on Operation Rah-e-Nijat here Monday.

Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira, Secretary Information Suhail Mansoor and Principal Information Officer Ch Rashid Ahmed were also present.

‘We have sent all the proofs of Indian involvement to the Foreign Office for their onward presentation at the appropriate forum,’ he said.—APP

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Let's blame India, again

Its time to play let's blame India again. As Pakistani security forces advance in South Waziristan, senior military and government officials continue to point the finger at India for backing the Taliban. The latest statements come from the military's top spokesman and the minister of information. From the Associated Press of Pakistan:

The security forces have found substantial evidence of Indian involvement for assisting terrorists in South Waziristan Agency, Director General ISPR [Inter Services Public Relations] Major General Athar Abbas said. “Indian literature and weapons under the use of terrorists have been recovered from South Waziristan and more evidence is being gathered,” he said addressing a joint media briefing on Operation Rah e Nijat here Monday.

Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira, Secretary Information Suhail Mansoor and Principal Information Officer Ch. Rashid Ahmed were also present.
“We have sent all the proves of Indian involvement to the Foreign Office for their onward presentation at the appropriate forum,” he said.

Again, this bears repeating:

If the Pakistani government and military have extensive evidence of their arch-rival backing the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, why did they cut a deal with Sufi Mohammed, Mullah Fazlullah's father-in-law and a known front man for the Taliban, this spring?

And why did they just cut peace deals, again, with Hafiz Gul Bahadar and Mullah Nazir?

Why were Pakistani officials in negotiations with Baitullah Mehsud last summer in an attempt to end hostilities?

Why would a senior Pakistani general describe Baitullah as "a patriot" when tensions between Indian and Pakistan flared late last year after the Mumbai assault? If Baitullah was an agent of RAW (the Research and Analysis Wing, Indian's intelligence service), wouldn't that make him a traitor? And what does that say about the Corps Commander who feted Baitullah? Why does he still command an Army Corps?

Let's blame India, again - Threat Matrix

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles