Air defence for NCR ready; Bangalore next

plugwater

All semantics, nothing coherent, can you please help little bit.
What is there to explain ? Its very easy to understand if you try a bit.

I know what your next post will be like ? you will ask the same question. you kinda have the habit of pestering others by asking the same questions.

Param

I know what your next post will be like ? you will ask the same question. you kinda have the habit of pestering others by asking the same questions.
Actually that happened to me in the past 3 or 4 posts. And not to forget the buddy pair.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
If you assume things, I can't help.
There is nothing of assumption here.

I implied that such a weapon system can ony be proven beyond doubt only in the event of an actual war.And this implies to all BMDs in the world.
Can you be 100% sure who will win in an MKI vs French AF Rafale in real air war, only based on computer simulations and friendly exercises?
In real war, there are attrition, their is nothing like a perfect weapon system, take any example. But what new you are implying?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

So, you have nothing to prove what you are saying, it is just your assumptions.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
OK we can take care of the Ballistic Missiles and enemy fighters, but what about the terrain hugging cruise missiles? Can we handle them as well through our current ADS?
once found out even Hawk jet fighter trainer with machine gun can take them out, Akash missile or manpod can take them out. For this at border we have pt aerostar radars may be israel and now even DRDO has made one.

thereafter it can be tracked with our AWACs and ground base radar.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Seriously i give up.

Yes, i am talking out my ass and you have got all your bases covered.
So you are incapable of making some civil argument. Just using some expletives doesn't make your argument more credible.

plugwater

So you are incapable of making some civil argument. Just using some expletives doesn't make your argument more credible.
Yes i am incapable, your posts make so much sense than mine.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Yes i am incapable, your posts make so much sense than mine.
PW, instead of using expletives, if you can give certain solutions, at least point towards something will be of help. Instead you keep repeating which every one knows (no weapon system is perfect).

plugwater

PW, instead of using expletives, if you can give certain solutions, at least point towards something will be of help. Instead you keep repeating which every one knows (no weapon system is perfect).
Tell me this, War time is same as normal time ?

Are there any battle proven BMDs ?

Simulated conditions are as same as real time scenarios ?

We can try to close down the gap between simulated conditions and real time scenarios but its very hard to achieve.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Tell me this, War time is same as normal time ?

Are there any battle proven BMDs ?

Simulated conditions are as same as real time scenarios ?

We can try to close down the gap between simulated conditions and real time scenarios but its very hard to achieve.
What different a BMD to do between war time and testing time? It has to detect a launch (or multiple launch), track the incoming missile/missiles, launch the interceptor (multiple ones per incoming object), and destroy the hostile object. This is what being tested as of now (with one missile as hostile).

Can you add something, which I am missing

plugwater

What different a BMD to do between war time and testing time? It has to detect a launch (or multiple launch), track the incoming missile/missiles, launch the interceptor (multiple ones per incoming object), and destroy the hostile object. This is what being tested as of now (with one missile as hostile).

Can you add something, which I am missing
Sounds easy, eh?

Do we have a radar to track a missile from launch ? No!

Can we find out which one is a decoy and which one is a real one ? No!

What if the incoming missile is more maneuverable and can change its trajectory in mid course ?

We are talking about seconds here so if one miss will make us pay for years.

Even US with all superior technology is adding layer after layer for their defences against BM, that clearly says bout how unreliable BMDs are.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ ballistic missiles by default aren't highly maneuverable.

The only real defence against ballistic missiles, is to have many dozens time more ballistic missiles than your enemies.

plugwater

^^ ballistic missiles by default aren't highly maneuverable.

The only real defence against ballistic missiles, is to have many dozens time more ballistic missiles than your enemies.
They are not maneuverable like cruise missile, but they do have enough maneuverability to avoid missile defences.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Sounds easy, eh?

Do we have a radar to track a missile from launch ? No!
isn't we are adding multiple layers of radars to track the launch? An AWACS detects the launch, and pass the info to others to track it.

Can we find out which one is a decoy and which one is a real one ? No!
I assuem that you are referring towards salvo launch, multiple interceptors will be launched towards every incoming object.

What if the incoming missile is more maneuverable and can change its trajectory in mid course ?
The BMD, as of now works towards terminal interception, what is the use of bringing this point.

Even US with all superior technology is adding layer after layer for their defences against BM, that clearly says bout how unreliable BMDs are.
Isn't we are working towards multiple layers ourselves too, this version is capable of working against IRBM threats. So let's restrict the discussion to those threats

plugwater

isn't we are adding multiple layers of radars to track the launch? An AWACS detects the launch, and pass the info to others to track it.
Awacs can detect 400kms!! Are we going to intercept missile like Prahaar ?

I assuem that you are referring towards salvo launch, multiple interceptors will be launched towards every incoming object.
Multiple incoming missile with multiple decoys, calculate the number of interceptors needed, not economically feasible.

The BMD, as of now works towards terminal interception, what is the use of bringing this point.
Yes missiles are maneuverable in terminal phase also.

Isn't we are working towards multiple layers ourselves too, this version is capable of working against IRBM threats. So let's restrict the discussion to those threats
My point is BMDs are unreliable.

Good night.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles