Agni V Missile

porky_kicker

Country flag
Seriously, what are they snooping?
You tell me, since you were the one who butted in inspite of having no knowledge on the subject.

Your warhead re-entry stage data which is quit critical for BMD system!

Of course, they will come to watch wherever you test. But when your re-entry stage is in international ocea, their boat can watch it from a lot closer distance, certainly much more details.
Again seriously ?

Read what you wrote again slowly and tell me whether what you wrote makes any sense ?

No pain no gain and we learn everyday something new, so let me give 2 clues

1. What type of outpost do you and the Americans have in coco Island and in Thailand respectively ?

2. Another clue is this from my previous post which you quoted

But do you even know what they snoop for ?
Provided If you know then you will also know what it means ie the beginning of a long headache for the snoopers with no guaranteed success.
Now answer should be pretty obvious

Any other forumers know the correct answer ?

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Here Gen Saxena, who was involved with drdo for BMD programme on MIRV.

He is much better authority on the subject.
Interesting thumbnail of the video

That's Agni 3 being launched , look at the smoke ring at the top section , where did it come from ?

Definitely the 4 circular holes on payload section on which I asked questions previously

Damn it certainly makes things even more complicated now.

Why during lift off phase ?

@Skdas

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

That's Agni 3 being launched , look at the smoke ring at the top section , why ?

Is it related to the 4 circular holes on payload section on which I asked question previously ?

Damn certainly it makes things even more complicated

@Skdas
This was first test. It failed.

porky_kicker

Country flag

That's Agni 3 being launched , look at the smoke ring at the top section , where did it come from ?

Definitely the 4 circular holes on payload section on which I asked questions previously

@Skdas
Looks like there is a possibility why there is gas ring at the nose during Liftoff

Agni 3 was also meant to test technology for K-4

Those 4 circular holes could be the exhaust for the gas generators to validate or generate test / performance data on the working of a basic cavitator

When a slbm is ejected underwater , it faces hydrodynamic drag , which is negated by using cavitators ( gas generators mounted at the nose to create a bubble around the missile which allows its to shoot up in the desired speed and manner unaffected by underwater drag and induced turbulence etc )

Not too sure though, 100% speculation
Passing time actually , anything to keep from studying. :scared2:

@Chinmoy who do you think , total speculation ?:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kay

Skdas

@Skdas
Hmm this have been a very odd pic out there. To be honest it's none of the above mentioned possibilities. It's the RSC system trying to fight the (faulty) thrust vectoring system downstairs to keep the vehicle flame side down. Eventually the thrust vectoring gimbal at the base, was the issue that costed the test. I think it was stuck or was acting on wrong data. The stability system was working overtime to atleast make the vehicle cross the range safely. Forget about the warhead, there was enough fuel on that baby to clear out the vegetations on the test bed.

Also the gas generator you where talking of, is used by some of the USSR Torpedoes, I have not heard about BMs as they are generally in water for less than 1% of its life time. The hot ejection from the sub is quite powerful to lob the 40Ton vehicle, 10feet in the while firing from depths of 25mts below the surface. Though few have a retainer motor while ejecting.

And in its simplest form, gas generator or Ejectors in a SLBM are just a Big ass SRB firing in a closed space. I don't think that's there in the nose cone

Kay

Country flag
Thats rare pic............................................its part of Agni train.

@porky_kicker i deleted your post, its sensative. They are stupid, btw they got way more trains then mentioned.
I have more faith in the intelligence and security establisment - if something like this is available for public consumption, it's more likely by design. This seemed like deliberate dissemination / disinformation. I am sure our enemies can neither trust this values at face value without validation but now they cannot ignore this either.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I have more faith in the intelligence and security establisment - if something like this is available for public consumption, it's more likely by design. This seemed like deliberate dissemination / disinformation. I am sure our enemies can neither trust this values at face value without validation but now they cannot ignore this either.
Lot of info available on net, if you know where to look for. Its like open book. It will give great insight into their world. Even though info is not in open due to Official Secret Act.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@porky_kicker that info you posted, which is deleted by me was from official website of drdo.

Can you post it again, as i am unable to restore that post.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
here @porky_kicker

Just a rough idea of the communication wagon of the Agni rail mobile launch system

View attachment 30620

The canopy of the communication wagon is made of composite realised via VARTM process and is radar transparent to all installed communication systems and satellite tracking antennas. ( 4 different sections for 4 different frequencies aka 4 different communication equipment types )

And according to DRDO there is a total of eight such Agni rail mobile systems. Seriously why give this info out , are they crazy ?

And the Agni missile in question should be imo Agni 3
..............................................................................................................................................................................

Chinmoy

Country flag
Looks like there is a possibility why there is gas ring at the nose during Liftoff

Agni 3 was also meant to test technology for K-4

Those 4 circular holes could be the exhaust for the gas generators to validate or generate test / performance data on the working of a basic cavitator

When a slbm is ejected underwater , it faces hydrodynamic drag , which is negated by using cavitators ( gas generators mounted at the nose to create a bubble around the missile which allows its to shoot up in the desired speed and manner unaffected by underwater drag and induced turbulence etc )

Not too sure though, 100% speculation
Passing time actually , anything to keep from studying. :scared2:

@Chinmoy who do you think , total speculation ?:laugh:
I have another conspiracy theory for this and I would keep it to myself :biggrin2:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Hmm this have been a very odd pic out there. To be honest it's none of the above mentioned possibilities. It's the RSC system trying to fight the (faulty) thrust vectoring system downstairs to keep the vehicle flame side down. Eventually the thrust vectoring gimbal at the base, was the issue that costed the test. I think it was stuck or was acting on wrong data. The stability system was working overtime to atleast make the vehicle cross the range safely. Forget about the warhead, there was enough fuel on that baby to clear out the vegetations on the test bed.

Also the gas generator you where talking of, is used by some of the USSR Torpedoes, I have not heard about BMs as they are generally in water for less than 1% of its life time. The hot ejection from the sub is quite powerful to lob the 40Ton vehicle, 10feet in the while firing from depths of 25mts below the surface. Though few have a retainer motor while ejecting.

And in its simplest form, gas generator or Ejectors in a SLBM are just a Big ass SRB firing in a closed space. I don't think that's there in the nose cone
You saw the K 4 video and the VK Saraswat interview , it mentions what I said , 2 generators

1. At the bottom of the silo a gas generator to push the missile out

2. A integral underwater booster (UWB) on the missile to get it the surface aka cavitator.

Land launch of slbm r39

happylion

Country flag
The nose ring tractor motor for creating cavitation has been used n Russian missiles for many years

Skdas

You saw the K 4 video and the VK Saraswat interview , it mentions what I said , 2 generators

1. At the bottom of the silo a gas generator to push the missile out

2. A integral underwater booster (UWB) on the missile to get it the surface aka cavitator.

Land launch of slbm r39

This maybe true, but that was not the case with A5 in the picture.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Seriously, what are they snooping?

Your warhead re-entry stage data which is quit critical for BMD system! Of course, they will come to watch wherever you test. But when your re-entry stage is in international ocea, their boat can watch it from a lot closer distance, certainly much more details.
Answer to your question....................

Yes,

What is important is the telemetry data which is beamed by the telemetry package in the test missile . That is what is intercepted during testfires from hostile sigint stations to know about the test sequence , test parameters etc etc relating to the missile and RVs.

Indians were alerted even before Snowden leaked it.

They can listen all they want now , but that is only the beginning of the headache given the counter measures like burst mode / LPI transmission , encryption at both application layer and physical layer , using combination of DHSS and FHSS techniques , or combining FHSS with OFDM and time hopping techniques for lowest possible SNR at the hostile receiver end to impaire his capability to discriminate between noise and information carrying channel corrupted by noise. And then it can be further complicated for digital channels by using AWGN channels etc etc

And if that is not enough, directing conformal noise via noise generators and jammers towards the known hostile SIGINT sites will create a shadow transmission complicating evesdropping.

All these depends on the credibility of Indian ability in the sphere of proprietary ( not COTS/ imported ) hardware and software ie processors , TX/RX modules , encryptors , and protocols etc.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Has Agni v been officially inducted ? Any source... They said pre-induction trials were complete when they tested last December..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
sorry to crush your faith, but we are more screwed then we think we are.

Just yesterday, i saw interview of the entire Nirbhay team on Youtube, that was huge security risk, now they know who they are and what they do, other intell agencies can easily target them.

Chinmoy

Country flag
sorry to crush your faith, but we are more screwed then we think we are.

Just yesterday, i saw interview of the entire Nirbhay team on Youtube, that was huge security risk, now they know who they are and what they do, other intell agencies can easily target them.
:crazy:... If an intelligence agency doesn't know about the ongoing project or people involved in it, then its no good. There was no youtube video on BRAHMOS team or people working on it, but still people there got targeted by foreign intelligence.

So just chill.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles