Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India to test Agni-V ICBM missile

NEW DELHI, Feb. 28 (UPI) -- India is planning a launch test of its Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile in the coming weeks, an official said.

The Agni-V ICBM was developed by India's Defense Research and Development Organization.

The Agni-V ICBM's first launch is scheduled for the last week of March or early in April, Prensa Latina reported Tuesday, DRDO General Director Vijay Kumar Saraswat, who is also scientific adviser to the Indian Minister of Defense.

Saraswat noted that the Agni-V has the capacity to carry nuclear warheads and strike targets up to 5,000 miles away, about 500 miles less than the most advanced ICBMs.

Saraswat added that the initial Agni-V test launch will be conducted from Wheeler Island, near the coast of central-eastern state of Orissa. It is the first of a number of scheduled test launches to make the Agni-V ICBM ready for operational deployment by 2014.

Assuming that the test are successful and the missile is deployed the Agni-V will bring the whole of Asia, 70 percent of Europe and other regions under its strike envelope.

Read more: India to test Agni-V ICBM missile - UPI.com

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Agni V ICBM test launch

:hail: Finally the big guns are blazing

===

Bangalore: India's longest-ever near-Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni-V is scheduled to be test-fired from the Wheeler Island (Orissa) in the second week of April. The final stages and payload of the missile are set to move out of the Missile Complex in Hyderabad any time now. Sources tell Express that some major parts, including the motors of the missile, have already reached the launch site.
"The final checks and integration of all stages will be carried out in Wheeler Island.

The check-out and launch pad tests will be completed in the next 15-20 days. The new launcher for the missile is ready. Over 200 scientists and close to 300 technicians are working round-the-clock at the Missile Complex and other work centers," sources said. The missile is parented by Defence Research Development Organisation's (DRDO) Hyderabad-based unit, Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL).

With a range of 5,000-plus-km, the missile when launched, is expected to travel to its target in international waters close to Australia. "The ships meant for tracking, which are normally positioned near the target, are expected to begin their long journey in the first week of April. We expect the sailing time to be between 10-12 days," sources said.

Agni-V is the first Indian missile with four stages, including three propulsion and one final payload stage (re-entry vehicle). The others in the Agni series (A-2, A-3 & A-4) had only three stages making Agni-V an extremely complex vehicle. "The missile is expected to hit the target within 20 minutes as things stand now. The tentative date for the launch is fixed for April 16 and this is again not final," sources said.

As reported in these columns earlier, Agni-V can be launched from anywhere in India in any direction at any time.

Copyright@The New Indian Express

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Arent there any objections from Australia or countries close to the missile trajectory...?..:shocked:

Are we getting clearances from International Maritime Organization, Shipping Authority etc?..

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Too much hype..like that precedes a Rajni film...:D

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I will get excited the day were test firing a 15000KM ICBM :cool2:

until then i will merely be pleased with lesser distance missiles.

arya

Country flag
lets wait and watch and pray for the best

GUNS-N- ROSES

I will get excited the day were test firing a 15000KM ICBM :cool2:

until then i will merely be pleased with lesser distance missiles.
and wat is the use of 15000 Km missile for us. is their war brewing with US or canada.

instead of 15000 Km missile we betetr work on improving our internal security structure. our field level intelligence is low and our police lack modern fire arms. they lack adequate quantity of bullet proof vests. it is these things which are absolutely important but neglected than a missile with 15000 km rangle.

every time a blast occurs our security forces are clueless about it. why? why is that naxals are running parallel government in some districts of chhatisgarh and jharkhand?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
and wat is the use of 15000 Km missile for us. is their war brewing with US or canada.

instead of 15000 Km missile we betetr work on improving our internal security structure. our field level intelligence is low and our police lack modern fire arms. they lack adequate quantity of bullet proof vests. it is these things which are absolutely important but neglected than a missile with 15000 km rangle.

every time a blast occurs our security forces are clueless about it. why? why is that naxals are running parallel government in some districts of chhatisgarh and jharkhand?
One can never know who will become enemy in future. Its always better to be safe than sorry afterwards.

15000KM ICBM is more off a deterrant like a nuke. If countries as far off as north america and south america know they our within are range then they will think twice before doing anything against us.

Internal security will also be improved. Different sets of people will work on both projects. DRDO scientists will not work to improve internal security against naxals...there expertise is in scientific field.

GUNS-N- ROSES

One can never know who will become enemy in future. Its always better to be safe than sorry afterwards.

15000KM ICBM is more off a deterrant like a nuke. If countries as far off as north america and south america know they our within are range then they will think twice before doing anything against us.

Internal security will also be improved. Different sets of people will work on both projects. DRDO scientists will not work to improve internal security against naxals...there expertise is in scientific field.
wat abt finance and budget. it takes money to build and test a missile. i m all in faour of R&D in missile technology. but i am against testing of missiles more than 6000-8000 Kms.

US coould not attack india wen we were rivals. why would it a try to attack wen we r on same side.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
wat abt finance and budget. it takes money to build and test a missile. i m all in faour of R&D in missile technology. but i am against testing of missiles more than 6000-8000 Kms.

US coould not attack india wen we were rivals. why would it a try to attack wen we r on same side.
When we can send missions on the moon and launch satellites in space then not much is left to make 15000km ICBM.

We are not on same side of usa and will never be. Our interests might merge on few things every once in a while but our end goals will never be the same.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I am dead serious when it comes to the dubious west who fool Indians into believing we are best of friends.

As it is ego of Indians can be easily massaged and led into a false sense of security.
This is how the BRITISH sipped through the rotten and greedy people of INDIA and ruled INDIA for 200 years..............

GUNS-N- ROSES

When we can send missions on the moon and launch satellites in space then not much is left to make 15000km ICBM.

We are not on same side of usa and will never be. Our interests might merge on few things every once in a while but our end goals will never be the same.
GnR, messiah is a troll when it comes to the US
i guess our views r different. thanx yusuf for timely advice.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

They could not attack INDIA as they were not trained under INDIAN terrain and also the INDIAN ARMY is well trained and are the foremost powerful ARMY who have and are still giving thumping punches to the terrorists. It is not so easy to occupy the whole of PAKISTAN in just 10 days during the 1971 war, when we were ill equipped when compared to the Pak Army as the Americans provided them with latest equipment.

The main and major point during the past is that the RUSSIANS were backing INDIA and were ready to retaliate with their nuclear powered submarines if at all an American attack was in way.

In fact the Americans were trying to get into INDIAN OCEAN without being detected, but the foolish Americans were too foolish to know that the news has reached INDIAN establishment about the American presence in the INDIAN OCEAN and by the time the Americans came already the entire fleet of RUSSIAN NAVY was inside the INDIAN OCEAN and warned the Americans about their presence there and if at all the Americans try to attack the RUSSIAN NAVY has no other choice other than launching a full scale attack on America and it would turn into a large scale war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles