ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Twinblade

Country flag
So I had a little spare time today and I decided to guess what Tejas Mk2 would look like (both Airforce and Naval variant).
From the recent information we know that Mk2 would be 0.5m longer than Mk1 variant, so based on that I photoshopped an existing picture of Mk1.
Here's the size comparison of Mk2 Airforce variant with Mk1. Not much of a difference.

Naval variant, with a drooping nose, higher pilot position and larger canopy.

Airforce Variant, Tejas Mk2.

Naval Variant, Tejas Mk2.

If you don't like what I did, go make your own Tejas Mk2 and have fun doing so :taunt1:

Last edited:

amanbat11

Nice Job! You kept the wing span same right? And how about a little gold tinted canopy :p

amanbat11

BTW a Su-30MKI crahsed in Pokhran guys...ahead of the Iron fist exercise it's a sad news

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There is no issue if Aircraft is lost, It can be replaced though i hope Pilots are safe the skill in a pilot are made which are not replaceable..

BTW a Su-30MKI crahsed in Pokhran guys...ahead of the Iron fist exercise it's a sad news

sathya

Country flag
looks like night flying is a difficult game.. and IAF is pushing harder.

anyone knows the reason of crash?

amanbat11

Pilots ejected out safely.......I'm guessing it is some failure in the aircraft that led to crash and not a pilot error as they bailed out safely unhurt. Pilots are safe this is ofcourse a relief.
There is no issue if Aircraft is lost, It can be replaced though i hope Pilots are safe the skill in a pilot are made which are not replaceable..

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I don't think it is because from what i can see in following pic, there are no smart MFDs (present in Mk-1 and also in pic you posted) in cockpit pic under MK-2 header.
Talking about mk-1 cockpit, both are same onlee.
Just the picture angle causing confusion. :sad:

Twinblade

Country flag
I don't think it is because from what i can see in following pic, there are no smart MFDs (present in Mk-1 and also in pic you posted) in cockpit pic under MK-2 header.

Talking about mk-1 cockpit, both are same onlee.
Just the picture angle causing confusion. :sad:
Thanks for pointer, i picked those MFDs, my bad, sorry!
The two smaller displays on top are gone, the three main MFDs seem to be getting replaced by larger MFDs, probably touchscreen because you cannot see the bezel carrying all the buttons there.

WMD

i thought they r looking at one of these two for Mk-II cockpit.

ELBIT Systems CockpitNG

Last edited:

WMD

This is F-18 cockpit ..
no sir, this is the SH cockpit,

the ELBIT Systems CockpitNG was originally developed for f-16, i don't know if it is used in any country,
but we can easily get it through HALBIT

Shirman

Country flag

WMD

LCA Mk-II
supercruise ability

The Kaveri engine has been specifically designed for the demanding Indian operating environment, which ranges from hot desert to the highest mountain range in the world. The GTRE's design envisions achieving a fan pressure ratio of 4:1 and an overall pressure ratio of 27:1, which it believes will permit the Tejas to "supercruise" (cruise supersonically without the use of the afterburner).
GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Performance

Maximum thrust: 22,000 lbf (98 kN)
Overall pressure ratio: 30:1
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 9:1
General Electric F414 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The specifications of General Electric F414 turbofan is for F414-GE-400 variant, the Indian F414-GE-INS6 variant should produce more thrust than this.

p2prada

LCA Mk-II
supercruise ability

The specifications of General Electric F414 turbofan is for F414-GE-400 variant, the Indian F414-GE-INS6 variant should produce more thrust than this.
The Kaveri part is fake information. GTRE is not looking at an engine capable of supercruise for K-9. As for K-10, the engine isn't even on the drawing table today. Wiki isn't a source and the part you quoted doesn't seem to have a citation.

If the LCA Mk2 is a low drag design like Su-35/EF/Rafale/Gripen C/Demo, then we may be able to see a very basic form of supercruise at high transonic speeds, maybe a bit more, but nothing like what's planned for PAKFA/F-22/SR-71 etc.

The fifth gen definition of supercruise is different from what's been demonstrated by 4th gen aircraft. In fifth gen fighters, the inlet and exhaust is tinkered with to achieve it. The SR-71 sucks air in to achieve supercruise while the F-22 uses the flat nozzles for achieving it using a different method compared to the SR-71.

On fourth gen, the aircraft is simply cruising faster than mach 1 due to less drag and more thrust.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles