A Paper Dragon: China's armed forces

CCP

If Japanese has not bombed the Pearl Harbour the map of Asia would have been different...
US cut the supplies to Japan first, and expected the attack for sure.

But that does not discount the fact it was the USA's relentless attack on Imperial Japan that brought them to their knees... The hundred of thousand of US lives lost to save the other Asian lives...

There are many airfields in India itself that was used by Americans to bomb the Japanese militaries in China...China or in that matter other Asian countries can not discount the American contribution to defeat Japanese...
Well, US and UK armed Japan to kill millions Asians( or do the dirty work for them) at the first place.

PS. US for sure can finish Japan easily , that is the reason why US armed Japan but not China.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
US cut the supplies to Japan first, and expected the attack for sure.
Japan under estimated the American resolve and did the most stupid attack on Pearl Harbour...

Well, US and UK armed Japan to kill millions Asians( or do the dirty work for them) at the first place.
Japan has killed millions of Asians, that no one can deny that... My point is, at that point of time there was no one in Asia that could have challenged the Japanese Army and Navy... The Americans were the only power who could bring down the Japanese to their knees...

CCP

Japan underestimated the American resolve and did the most stupid attack on Pearl Harbour...
Well, Japanese may be crazy but not stupid.

Japan has killed millions of Asians, that no one can deny that... My point is, at that point of time there was no one in Asia that could have challenged the Japanese Army and Navy... The Americans were the only power who could bring down the Japanese to their knees...
My point is, who help Japan built the Navy and Army? at what purpose?

bose

Country flag
Well, Japanese may be crazy but not stupid.

My point is, who help Japan built the Navy and Army? at what purpose?
My point is the American destroyed the mighty Japanese Army and Navy that they themselves helped to build... But the Japanese were the masters with a very innovative mind...

CCP

My point is the American destroyed the mighty Japanese Army and Navy that they themselves helped to build
US finish Japan for Asian people?
If so? US armed Japan for Asian people too.

But the Japanese were the masters with a very innovative mind...
Economic situation is most important for innovation.

Do you think India lack of innovative mind or lack of cash to support innovation?

bose

Country flag
US finish Japan for Asian people?
If so? US armed Japan for Asian people too.
Asian people benifited from USA victory over Japan...

Economic situation is most important for innovation.
If So then Arabs with billions of $$$ would have been the most innovative people...

Do you think India lack of innovative mind or lack of cash to support innovation?
Lets keep India out for a moment...

CCP

Asian people benifited from USA victory over Japan...
Yeah,Asian people also benefited from US armed Japan.

If So then Arabs with billions of $$$ would have been the most innovative people...

Lets keep India out for a moment...
Well, since Arabs are US's "allies" as China in 1937.

J20!

Country flag
China was and still is a Paper Tiger as far as Taiwan is concerned.
On one hand, you're constantly saying the PRC is an "aggressive, militarist, imperial etc etc threat" to peace and Asia at large, on the other you denounce and ridicule the same PRC's current non-violent re-unification policy towards Taiwan.

Here's your - let's be kind - "simplistic" statement in real geopolitical terms:

Since the demise of the Soviet Union, Desert Storm in 1991 and Clinton's 1996 "show of force" in the Taiwan straight, the PRC govt has turned its back on a military conquest of Taiwan due to US policy.
That is, the firm US policy of sustaining the status quo - ie maintaining an alternative Chinese government on a pseudo-independent RoC/Taiwan, ever-ready to usurp the CCP on the mainland.

The PRC's policy towards Taiwan, factoring in the massive US military presence in East Asia, has been to relegate the PLA to a contingency plan should the RoC govt declare Taiwanese independence. That is, setting an intollerable human and economic price for any declaration of independence by Taiwan, through keeping the PLA on permanent standby for an invasion.

On a parallel front, the PRC has waged a very successful diplomatic campaign for international recognition of the CCP as the legitimate govt of China(Taiwan included).

Would you not agree that this strategy has been very successful in preventing an RoC declaration of independence despite many a hawkish politician's attempts?

Whilst at the same time promoting cross-straight economic and immigration integration, which opens the door to a diplomatic solution to the un-ended civil war while still giving the PLA time to reform, restructure and modernise into a force that could win a regional war against US forces should diplomatic re-unification fail.

A "lionine", NATO-Iraq style invasion of Taiwan would be catastrophic for Chinese prosperity as a whole. Straightforward logic makes that obvious.

But if you prefer the "paper dragon" moniker... By all means... I guess it beats the monotonous "China-threat" characterizations.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Chinese army was given a bloody nose in the border conflict with India as late as the 1980s. The only reason they are not being the aggressive maniacs they are is because they is because they know they cant enforce any of their terms on the other nations. There is no democracy holding them back- why else would they give only threats and not execute them ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yeah,Asian people also benefited from US armed Japan.

Well, since Arabs are US's "allies" as China in 1937.
:rofl:Your replies to @bose are freaking awesome! Keep em coming:thumb:

Ah, PS: have they given you guys a pay rise to 1$ now or it the same 50cents as before?

Last edited by a moderator:

CCP

Chinese army was given a bloody nose in the border conflict with India as late as the 1980s. The only reason they are not being the aggressive maniacs they are is because they is because they know they cant enforce any of their terms on the other nations. There is no democracy holding them back- why else would they give only threats and not execute them ?
What are you trolling?

I think you mean 1987 Sino-Indian skirmish.

I don't know how your government brainwashed you, but please read the real history by yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Sino-Indian_skirmish

Possibility of war
At the end of 1986, India granted statehood to Arunachal Pradesh, which is an area claimed by China but administered by India. The Chinese government proceeded to protest. But the military movements in Tawang, taken in conjunction with this political action were seen as a provocation by the Chinese. In early 1987 Beijing's tone became similar to that of 1962, and with the Indian Army refusing to stand down, Western diplomats predicted war.

The result was a thaw. Indian Foreign Minister N.D. Tiwari arrived in Beijing in May 1987 en route to Pyongyang, North Korea. He carried with him messages from Indian leaders that there was no intention on New Delhi's part to aggravate the situation. The first formal flag meeting to discuss " the freezing of the situation" since 1962, was held on the fifth of August 1987 at Bum La in the aftermath of the Wangdung affair. Both sides decided to take up talks with renewed urgency and the following year, Rajiv Gandhi visited Beijing, returning Zhou Enlai's '60s visit.

Last edited:

CCP

:rofl:Your replies to @bose are freaking awesome! Keep em coming:thumb:

Ah, PS: have they given you guys a pay rise to 1$ now or it the same 50cents as before?
Who are "they"?

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
What are you trolling?
Arunachal Pradesh became a part of India and China could not do anything other than cry a Yangtze.

So who got trolled? :lol:

CCP

Arunachal Pradesh became a part of India and China could not do anything other than cry a Yangtze.

So who got trolled? :lol:
Well, you must like those Chinese army which is a few hundreds km away from New Dehli. We deployed short range missiles at Aksai Chin that cover whole north India to help you sleep better at night.

PS. We would like to trade our claim over AP(we call it South Tibet) with Aksai Chin anytime.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What are you trolling?

I think you mean 1987 Sino-Indian skirmish.

I don't know how your government brainwashed you, but please read the real history by yourself.

1987 Sino-Indian skirmish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possibility of war
At the end of 1986, India granted statehood to Arunachal Pradesh, which is an area claimed by China but administered by India. The Chinese government proceeded to protest. But the military movements in Tawang, taken in conjunction with this political action were seen as a provocation by the Chinese. In early 1987 Beijing's tone became similar to that of 1962, and with the Indian Army refusing to stand down, Western diplomats predicted war.

The result was a thaw. Indian Foreign Minister N.D. Tiwari arrived in Beijing in May 1987 en route to Pyongyang, North Korea. He carried with him messages from Indian leaders that there was no intention on New Delhi's part to aggravate the situation. The first formal flag meeting to discuss " the freezing of the situation" since 1962, was held on the fifth of August 1987 at Bum La in the aftermath of the Wangdung affair. Both sides decided to take up talks with renewed urgency and the following year, Rajiv Gandhi visited Beijing, returning Zhou Enlai's '60s visit.
Chola incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sorry, I dont live in a commie country to hear and believe propaganda as gospels. Yes, a war was avoided, which you guys could never have won but would have resulted in massive cost for India. You guys had a decisive defeat in the skirmish, because, unlike the 1962 war, there was no nehru to save your behind:lol:

As I was saying, you guys only show restrain when you are sure you wont win. You just act as assholes whenever you are sure of winning a war decisively. That is the only reason you guys are making noises and noises alone instead of actually doing something.

It wonderful how the Chinese govt keeps you all as puppets. Now go earn your 50 cents for spreading your masters' words:taunt1:

CCP

Chola incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sorry, I dont live in a commie country to hear and believe propaganda as gospels. Yes, a war was avoided, which you guys could never have won but would have resulted in massive cost for India. You guys had a decisive defeat in the skirmish, because, unlike the 1962 war, there was no nehru to save your behind:lol:

As I was saying, you guys only show restrain when you are sure you wont win. You just act as assholes whenever you are sure of winning a war decisively. That is the only reason you guys are making noises and noises alone instead of actually doing something.

It wonderful how the Chinese govt keeps you all as puppets. Now go earn your 50 cents for spreading your masters' words:taunt1:
LOL, thank you for showing how Indian government brainwash you.

That article can enlarge the number of Chinese casualties to 1 billion.( Btw,may be this guy should practice simple math a little bit, 300+40 = 400?)

First stage

Nathu La, 1967 Sep,7th

China lost 123 (32 died and 91 wounded), India lost 607 (57 dead bodies confirmed and transferred by PLA to IA)

Chinese army captured 1 light machine gun ,9 automatic guns and 16 rifles from IA.

After the skirmish, Indian army had to go to Chinese side to received IA dead bodies (also weapons) transferred by PLA and signed to confirm (same as they did in 1962).

Second stage, India started attack at Chinese nation day, and trying to revenge.

Gê'gyai, 1967,Oct 1st (started at 11:20 , finished at 19:55 )

India lost 195 according to its report from front line. China side lost 2 .

还愿——1967年中印在乃堆拉山口和卓拉山口的冲突--军事频道-中华网-中国最大职业人士门户

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles