2012 US Presidential Elections

Who would you vote for, if you were a US citizen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Obama was the clear winner in Ohio even after his disastrous 1st debate performance...
What is more interesting to me is a scenario where Romney and Obama each get 269 electoral votes, and the next President is elected by the US House of Representatives. One for the history books.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If that happens then Romney no doubt will win (House is Republican). But Romney must first drink tea...

devil510

i don't even want to vote i don't like either one of them or trust one of them obama is definately and underachiever but romney is disaster

amoy

Five Reasons Romney Would Be Good News For The Defense IndustryWelcome to Forbes
Romney's Military Views. Candidate Romney has repeatedly stated that he intends to roll back planned military cuts, increasing defense spending from its current 3.5% of gross domestic product to "a floor of four percent of GDP." That would require an increase of about $2 trillion over ten years in projected military budgets, and Romney's surrogates have gone into some detail in laying out how the money would be spent. Among other things, the Republican candidate would increase the pace of naval ship construction from nine vessels per year to fifteen, providing a major windfall for shipbuilders General Dynamics and Huntington Ingalls Industries. Romney would also bolster missile-defense efforts, push ahead with production of Lockheed Martin's F-35 fighter while keeping Boeing's F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter in production (Obama plans to end production in 2014), and rethink plans to shrink the Army.

Some Romney advisors tell me that the Governor's views on how big the Army should be are in flux, which isn't surprising given the fact that its current size was dictated by wars that now are winding down. But that highlights the fact that much of what Romney says he would do in the defense arena involves increases to weapons accounts benefiting industry. Romney advisor (and former Navy Secretary) John Lehman says the Governor would like to see more competition in weapons purchases and less bureaucracy; competition necessarily requires increasing current levels of weapons production, and the notion of cutting bureaucracy is music to industry's ears.

amoy

Obama vs. Romney: Who's Right on China? | TIME.com

WHO'S BEST ON CHINA?

Neither candidate impresses me all that much on China. Both seem to suffer from the out-of-date notion that we can "stand up" to Beijing, as if the power balance between the two nations hasn't drastically changed over the past decade. I find Romney's rather simplistic approach to China a bit surprising for a guy who claims to be a business guru. Romney morphs from a champion of free markets and private enterprise into a proponent of tariffs and state protection when it comes to China. I fear his combative attitude would sour relations with Beijing and lead to retaliation.

Obama's rhetoric is not helpful either, but, in my opinion, he does see America's relationship with China in much broader terms than Romney. Contending with China doesn't just mean fixing currencies and resolving trade disputes. It requires preparing the American workforce for even more intense competition from a rising China in the future. Here's what Obama said on Monday:

Over the long term, in order for us to compete with China, we've also got to make sure, though, that we're taking care of business here at home. If we don't have the best education system in the world, if we don't continue to put money into research and technology that will allow us to create great businesses here in the United States, that's how we lose the competition.

Obama realizes the U.S. will need all the advantages it can get in order to maintain its competitiveness. Romney seems to believe all the U.S. requires to maintain its competitiveness is tax breaks. Both candidates talk about creating a level playing field with China. Obama has a stronger, wider vision of how to make that happen.

Read more: Obama vs. Romney: Who's Right on China? | TIME.com

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
If I were an American, I would vote for Ron Paul. Oh wait, he is not even a candidate. Well, so long, USA. Either way, you lose.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakis seem to be favouring romney

:yey:
Can't blame them.

The have been bombed by Obama's drone once too often for Pakistan's comfort.

Therefore, even the Devil would be a better choice for Pakistan,

For them, it could not get any worse.

masterdom

I have decided who to vote for president and for Congress. Waiting for Tuesday afternoon.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Unlike India where we have a wide range of parties from all across the political spectrum from communists to fascists, the US is a two-party dictatorship. Democrats have republican sympathizers in their ranks and vice versa, so both parties are essentially the same. It hardly matters if Obama wins or Romney does, because the policies of the USG aren't going to change radically either way.

Flip a coin, choose one guy and hope for the best. :scared1:

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Did you guys know that Mitt Romney was born in mexico because his grandfather (being Mormon) had 5 wives and over thirty kids :frusty:....the US government did not take very kindly to polygamy at the time (not that it condones polygamy now).

pmaitra

^^

I know he is from a Mormon background, but what are your sources? Any links?

Also, just because his grandfather had 5 wives does not mean Mitt had to be born in Mexico. What the grandfather a philanderer sailor?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In fairness Mitt Romney is a natural born American as he was born in Michigan.

masterdom

Taxes, budget deficit and "job creators"

While there is lot of flip flops on positions on both sides, on one clear difference between the 2 candidates. Obama is for a "small" tax increase on the rich (millionaires) and Romney is for tax cuts to the rich. Of course Romney don't call them rich or millionaires or rbillionaires but call them "job creators" to get support from middle class.

Is this tax breaks to millionaire job creators helpful to the middle clas? Or is is a bunch of BS? I found a blog that explains in simple terms. Even I can understand it :laugh:

Blue Fox 2: Budget Deficit, Debt Crisis and the Job Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles