Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
On a side note it will be like hearts-in-mouth experience for the ship crew onsite as there is a chance of the warhead even exploding near them causing damage.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The war head was exploded to confrim the survivability of the warhead during re entry

amitkriit

Actually a very valid question. Similar sized Trident SLBM goes 12,000 kms. India has to work on propellant and propulsion systems to make this missile to that range. We cannot have a missile any bigger than this to go longer ranges. So with the same amount of fuel on board, it has to go to 12,000 kms.
100% correctus. We suck in Solid Propellant Technology.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Actually a very valid question. Similar sized Trident SLBM goes 12,000 kms. India has to work on propellant and propulsion systems to make this missile to that range. We cannot have a missile any bigger than this to go longer ranges. So with the same amount of fuel on board, it has to go to 12,000 kms.
Sir ji why not make all composite stages too

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
now all we need is couple of Nuclear test launched By agni's :pft:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
A very proud moment...

One of my old video is coming true. please watch

world sees India as rising global and regional super power

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I am also pleased to see that most "experts" on news channels actually share my view that we must match the potential of other countries just in case the shit hits the ceiling rather than pretend world is full of saints outside pakis and chinis.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Apart from MIRV test, I wish they launch some satellites too aboard this puppy (oops........ giant). Preferably 5 satellites 5 warheads. And those satellites guides warheads to accurate destinations.

Ah jingoism knows no bounds :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir ji why not make all composite stages too
Did you hear Dr Chandran, he said stage 2 and 3 have never been tested before. This missile is not a modified a4 or anything. It already has a lot of composites. It's the engines which has to last longer to take us longer.

This is 8k missile that much I can say.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
what's chinese response regarding this test?

where is saya and kunal?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Check cnn-ibn

DRDO chief is claiming they can increase range easily...saying we have technology and know how to achieve it.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
india launches ICBM while bakistan is talking about demilitarization :troll:

:hippo: :bhangra: :dance:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
what's chinese response regarding this test?

where is saya and kunal?

Already posted

globaltimes.cn is jingo mouthpiece
======

Someone seems unhappy

India being swept up by missile delusion

It seems India's path for boosting its military strength has not met too many obstacles. India is still poor and lags behind in infrastructure construction, but its society is highly supportive of developing nuclear power and the West chooses to overlook India's disregard of nuclear and missile control treaties. The West remains silent on the fact that India's military spending increased by 17 percent in 2012 and the country has again become the largest weapons importer in the world.

India should not overestimate its strength. Even if it has missiles that could reach most parts of China, that does not mean it will gain anything from being arrogant during disputes with China. India should be clear that China's nuclear power is stronger and more reliable. For the foreseeable future, India would stand no chance in an overall arms race with China.

India should also not overstate the value of its Western allies and the profits it could gain from participating in a containment of China. If it equates long range strategic missiles with deterrence of China, and stirs up further hostility, it could be sorely mistaken.

India being swept up by missile delusion - globaltimes.cn

trackwhack

The missile is not meant for the Pukes but there are already signs that they are bending over. First trade, then Kayani saying lets talk, now Nawaz Sharif saying they should unilaterally pull out of Siachen. Soon the Chinese will start shitting bricks too, especially when their economy starts stagnating and Tibetans go nuts.

plugwater

Agni 5 is not a SLBM although it can be converted to one. Correct comparison would be with Minuteman 35 tonnes and 12k+ km range. Anyway who gives a eff about weight for ballistic missiles as long as it can be carried in one truck and deliver the payload.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Did you hear Dr Chandran, he said stage 2 and 3 have never been tested before. This missile is not a modified a4 or anything. It already has a lot of composites. It's the engines which has to last longer to take us longer.

This is 8k missile that much I can say.
Sir ji first stage is metal, if this can be made of composites, we can save lot of weight, and it can go much longer distances. I agree with you 600km height looks small, seems like fired in depressed trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles