United Kingdom Domestic Politics - News, Updates and Discussion

temujin

Country flag
Liz Truss will be gone by this evening or tomorrow at the latest. This has damaged whatever remained of UK's credibility irreparably and, personally, made the family trip to the US in November frighteningly expensive. It wasn't that long ago that one could get 2 dollars to the pound- I recall returning from the US in the mid 2000s with suitcases full of cheap clothes, watches etc as everything was literally half price over there- back then it's used to be a very cheap destination but now it's one of the dearest.

This is actually a salutary lesson to all debtor nations around the loss of sovereignty that accompanies living beyond ones means and relying on the kindness of strangers. This utter public humiliation has demonstrated is that it's not the UK government or Bank of England that dictate the country's fiscal and monetary policy but a small group of bankers representing the 'market', who possess the power to inflict financial pain and hardship on millions at the click of a button.

I took out a 10 year fix on my small mortgage for next to nothing last year so I'm somewhat shielded but I was speaking my friend belonging to a solidly middle class, dual income household owning a £1 million + house in Clapham the other day and she was complaining how she had no money left at the end of the month to even afford a short holiday within the UK. And this is before her fixed rate mortgage resets next year.

For a lot of people in the UK the party is over and the hangover is about to kick in. I suspect this is the fate that awaits much of the West just that the UK, having led the West in its rise, is now at the vanguard of it's interminable decline.

Vinash

Country flag
Looks like Rishi has this in the bag!

Probably the worst possible time for him to take up the job. Won't be an easy journey till the next election for which Labour is currently the overwhelming favorite.

Rishi will have to pull off a miracle for Tories to stand a chance in the next General Election.

Concard

Country flag
Rishi Sunak cleared to be the UK pm.
UK stock market reacting positively.
has anyone looked into what his economic plans are?
Don't know his economic plans. But he will lose in the general elections if he survives until then. Unless he does something miraculous for UK economy he won't be winning. Part reason could be he is a person of color which would make many whites to not vote for him.

I am curious what the Pakis are thinking in their forums. Anyone who visits their cesspool please post their heart burns here.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I think time is still not right for Rishi Sunak to become PM, as now he's got burden of ukraine war, economy, foreign relations, fuel crisis and other domestic matters - clearly showing why BoJo didn't dare to pitch himself as PM.

Nevertheless, All the best to Rishi. Hope he is able to manage some things if not all and later leaves gracefully.

Hope he tries to bring back Priti Patel as HM.

Trial By Fire

Honestly, there's not really much that anyone can do for the UK economy now. The Tories have turned themselves into just another washed-up version of Labour. Unless he tackles the elephant in the room, immigration, traditional Conservative voters will ditch the party in droves.

Labour is set to win a mammoth number of seats in the next general election, probably the biggest ever victory in British politics.

temujin

Country flag
However long it lasts, this is a giant step forward for the Indian diaspora- the 1st Indian CEO of a G7 economy. Rishi is also a Dharmic, haven taken his ministerial oath on the Bhagavad Gita.

His economic policies are essentially the same as labour without the touchy feely virtue signalling so they don't appeal to either camp. The markets have confidence in him so he may stabilise things in the short term but the reality is dollar appreciation, rising interest rates and unsustainable energy subsidies have created such a big hole in UK's finances he'll struggle to salvage it in the long term without highly unpopular spending cuts. For all her faults I think Liz Truss had the right ideas on the economy but failed miserably in communicating them effectively. The fact is the UK can only survive under a rentier model, largely reliant on trade flows, foreign 'hot money' and unlimited immigration which would involve turning the UK into an unregulated tax haven but this is not something the markets find acceptable or is even feasible in an increasingly de-globalised world economy.

In any case, I am cheering Rishi on as the first Hindu to break the glass ceiling in Western politics, that too on Diwali day, and hope he's the first of many to come in the future.

dfcool

Country flag
When Leo Varadkar becomes Taoiseach again on 15th December, both Ireland and the UK will have Prime Ministers who are of Indian descent. Quite momentous.

If Leo varadkar wins, he will also be first Gay Indian Origin PM, i think we covered that part also.😁
all we need is women Indian origin PM/president, kamala harris 2024 😱

Last edited:

dfcool

Country flag
Honestly, there's not really much that anyone can do for the UK economy now. The Tories have turned themselves into just another washed-up version of Labour. Unless he tackles the elephant in the room, immigration, traditional Conservative voters will ditch the party in droves.

Labour is set to win a mammoth number of seats in the next general election, probably the biggest ever victory in British politics.
True but If Labour wins next elections they will open immigration gates all the way and UK will be flooded with migrants.
brits have no good options to chose from, best they got Lesser of two evils.

temujin

Country flag
True but If Labour wins next elections they will open immigration gates all the way and UK will be flooded with migrants.
Immigration is already running at an all time high of over 1 million a year at the moment. Since the government introduced a new Health and Social Care visa and suspended English language requirements to plug vacancies in the care sector, a whole industry centred on trafficking qualified nurses from India, Nepal etc to work as unskilled care workers has been created. Besides depriving India of qualified workforce, these new arrivals are exploited not just through low rates of pay but also substandard accomodation, extortionate 'placement charges' etc. Though regular voters across both sides of the political divide do not support unrestricted immigration, the reality is the UK has become a low wage, low productivity, 'race to the bottom' economy that requires a steady supply of unskilled workers willing to accept ever lower wages to prop it up.

Abdus Salem killed

However long it lasts, this is a giant step forward for the Indian diaspora- the 1st Indian CEO of a G7 economy. Rishi is also a Dharmic, haven taken his ministerial oath on the Bhagavad Gita.

His economic policies are essentially the same as labour without the touchy feely virtue signalling so they don't appeal to either camp. The markets have confidence in him so he may stabilise things in the short term but the reality is dollar appreciation, rising interest rates and unsustainable energy subsidies have created such a big hole in UK's finances he'll struggle to salvage it in the long term without highly unpopular spending cuts. For all her faults I think Liz Truss had the right ideas on the economy but failed miserably in communicating them effectively. The fact is the UK can only survive under a rentier model, largely reliant on trade flows, foreign 'hot money' and unlimited immigration which would involve turning the UK into an unregulated tax haven but this is not something the markets find acceptable or is even feasible in an increasingly de-globalised world economy.

In any case, I am cheering Rishi on as the first Hindu to break the glass ceiling in Western politics, that too on Diwali day, and hope he's the first of many to come in the future.
He means nothing to india may be will cause more anti india sentiment check comments on daily mail
But porkies are mad though

shade

Country flag
Sunak PM

Pros

• Goras, Mirpuri inbred pets and Bhindi-fry loving padgi-chods assmad over Hindu being their PM
  • A Hindu will always be the first (((South Asian))) PM of the UK, Pakeez and Khalistanis forever btfo
  • Indian unironcially rules UK
  • Infosys ka Damaad, India ka damaad
Cons
  • Will probably go to great lengths to do gymnastics to show how British he is and not partial to India, fucking Indian interests in the process like that one FTA
  • BBC and other rags will do hitpieces on him
  • Paki Mullahs vote Labour en masse next election out of spite

Trial By Fire

The immigration gates are all the way open anyway under the Tories. On immigration specifically, they are no different than Labour and have done nothing to stop unchecked illegal immigration nor have they done anything to stop the Jihadist grooming gangs raping white girls. No one trusts them on this anymore.

British voters who support right wing parties are "left-wing" on economics, but authoritarian and traditional on cultural values. The Tory government has given them exactly the opposite.

1666626665674.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles