United Kingdom Domestic Politics - News, Updates and Discussion

Blademaster

I have no love for the Queen but I will say this. She has show steadfastness and duty to the throne she inherited. After her, I do not think the British monarchy will last for that long. King Charles and maybe Prince William will be the last monarchs of Britain. After that people will be too fed up and demand to get rid of the royalties and go to a presidential system.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The second elizabethian age ends.
May she rest in peace.
Honi soit qui mal y pense

temujin

Country flag
I have no love for the Queen but I will say this. She has show steadfastness and duty to the throne she inherited. After her, I do not think the British monarchy will last for that long. King Charles and maybe Prince William will be the last monarchs of Britain. After that people will be too fed up and demand to get rid of the royalties and go to a presidential system.
Yes, Canada, Oz and NZ will soon leave the dominion. Nobody would want to be reigned over by that idiot Charles, even symbolically.

I know it's terrible and I did hold some grudging respect for her but the first thought that crossed my mind when I heard the news was whether we'll have one day off or two. I must be an absolute psychopath 🤣

Longewala

Country flag
Yes, Canada, Oz and NZ will soon leave the dominion. Nobody would want to be reigned over by that idiot Charles, even symbolically.

I know it's terrible and I did hold some grudging respect for her but the first thought that crossed my mind when I heard the news was whether we'll have one day off or two. I must be an absolute psychopath 🤣
Don't worry, I am a fellow psychopath!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The Oath

I, King Charles the third, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of My other Realms and Territories King, Defender of the Faith, do faithfully promise and swear that I shall inviolably maintain and preserve the Settlement of the true Protestant Religion as established by the Laws made in Scotland in prosecution of the Claim of Right and particularly by an Act intituled "An Act for securing the Protestant Religion and Presbyterian Church Government" and by the Acts passed in the Parliament of both Kingdoms for Union of the two Kingdoms, together with the Government, Worship, Discipline, Rights and Privileges of the Church of Scotland.

So help me God.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The Oath

I, King Charles the third, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of My other Realms and Territories King, Defender of the Faith, do faithfully promise and swear that I shall inviolably maintain and preserve the Settlement of the true Protestant Religion as established by the Laws made in Scotland in prosecution of the Claim of Right and particularly by an Act intituled "An Act for securing the Protestant Religion and Presbyterian Church Government" and by the Acts passed in the Parliament of both Kingdoms for Union of the two Kingdoms, together with the Government, Worship, Discipline, Rights and Privileges of the Church of Scotland.

So help me God.

I will help him

Gawd probably , but ezsasa ji don't you know that charles is a very unlucky name in the British royal family.

cyclops

Country flag
People have to be careful before being too happy, yes, there's no love lost on our side but she wasn't just a figurehead(no matter how convinient it is for people to think so). This could result in some serious geopolitical shifts for India or Indian interests abroad. Lets see if they are good or bad.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
@ezsasa. Charles the first was beheaded and England went in a civil war .
@Longewala. Do you think anarchy will come to Britain?
Because Charles 3 could have chosen the regnal name as George the seventh, but he kept his orignal name , in thousand years he is only the third Charles

HitmanBlood

Country flag
The Oath

So help me God.

A hereditary monarch in 2022, taking oath to a perticular religion and publicly swears to secure it using state power.

If this was a non-white country, westerners would've labeled it as a religio-facist authoritarian state where democracy dies everyday. But this is a white western country so nothing too see here. Its all normal. They are fully secular and a perfect democracy.

skunk works

Country flag
How strong is the republican (abolish monarchy) movement in the UK?

skunk works

Country flag
A hereditary monarch in 2022, taking oath to a perticular religion and publicly swears to secure it using state power.

If this was a non-white country, westerners would've labeled it as a religio-facist authoritarian state where democracy dies everyday. But this is a white western country so nothing too see here. Its all normal. They are fully secular and a perfect democracy.
They did, I remember they made fun of the Thai kings wife and staff bowing to him for weeks. I always wondered how different it is from curtsy??

Longewala

Country flag
@ezsasa. Charles the first was beheaded and England went in a civil war .
@Longewala. Do you think anarchy will come to Britain?
Because Charles 3 could have chosen the regnal name as George the seventh, but he kept his orignal name , in thousand years he is only the third Charles
These people behave like sheep and keep quiet when large masses of their young girls are raped by muslim gangs. In logon se na hota anarchy.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Good riddance.

At the end of the day she belonged to a family that killed and enslaved millions of hindus for centuries.

Respecting her in any way is a disrespect to all those people who gave their very lives for our freedom.
Thank goodness, somebody said that! If she was so royally noble human being, she would've thought about the horrors our men, women and children had faced. Her dynasty has done unthinkable horrors over a century.

We all know Rishi lost because the racist cunts out there think we would outsmart them, well that's right we will outsmart them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles