Thousands flee violence in India's Assam

Oracle

Oracle,
Why you bring it Bodo vs Muslim???? Then you can also mentioned Chirstan vs Muslim as large part of Bodos are Chirstan. May I correct?? This is happening between locals vs Bangladeshi. The locals happen to be the Bodos. This is very much simple. The people who says it Muslim vs Bodos just want to create a communal color and blame locals for all the mess.
If my posting Bodos and Muslims have offended you, my bad. That was not my intention.

This information is from ground zero, something which newspapers fail to analyze and report. Whatever I have posted is after discussion with my friend who is a gazetted officer in Kokrajhar.

Yes, there are bodos who are Christian, but I would not say majority. To dig deeper, you need to understand the ethnicity first. The root is Kachari. From Kachari stems out:

1. Bodo Kachari
2. Dimasa Kachari
3. Mesh Kachari
4. Tipra Kachari.

They are predominantly Hindus.

san

. Bodos have terrorists backing them up with Ak-47s, Muslims do not have that luxury. Of all people displaced, it is mostly Muslims, who are valid Indian citizens. I would not be surprised though, if in 1 village there are 1 or 2 illegal Bangladeshi settlers. The cause however is political.
I donot know your age but I am sure that you have not seen assam agitation in 70s and 80s

Oracle

I donot know your age but I am sure that you have not seen assam agitation in 70s and 80s
May I know yours? Btw, do you have an introduction thread? I'd like to know more about a person I'm engaging with.

san

If my posting Bodos and Muslims have offended you, my bad. That was not my intention.

This information is from ground zero, something which newspapers fail to analyze and report. Whatever I have posted is after discussion with my friend who is a gazetted officer in Kokrajhar.

Yes, there are bodos who are Christian, but I would not say majority. To dig deeper, you need to understand the ethnicity first. The root is Kachari. From Kachari stems out:

1. Bodo Kachari
2. Dimasa Kachari
3. Mesh Kachari
4. Tipra Kachari.

They are predominantly Hindus.
You may have bad feelings on Bodos due to their bombing in Guwahati and there attitude to target non bodos including assamese hindus. But I feet that the illegal migrant issue shall be more than just Bodos. I am from upper Assam. Kacharis are the original settalers of Assam with Mising, Dimasha etc. We Ahoms, Kalitas, Brahmins or Kuch all came later. I forgot who wrote but there is a sepater in class 8 or 9 Assamese Language books on Assamese Popoulation. I read it in 80s. So not sure how the present education look like. Also I am out of Assam for last 16 years. Lately I heard that a large number of Bodos , Mising etc are converted to Christian and there % is quite high compare to 20/30 years ago.

Last edited:

san

May I know yours? Btw, do you have an introduction thread? I'd like to know more about a person I'm engaging with.

Check the introduction thread find out there if it still avilable.

Last edited:

Oracle

You may have bad feelings on Bodos due to their bombing in Guwahati and there attitude to target non bodos including assamese hindus.
I don't have any bad feeling towards Bodos. I have many Bodo friends. One of my best friend is a Bodo Kachari, a doctor working in Haflong. I am not taking any sides, just saying what I have heard. Speaking out the truth does not make me a hater I guess. My fight is only against terrorists, irrespective of ethnicity, caste and religion.

But I feet that the illegal migrant issue shall be more than just Bodos. I am from upper Assam. Kacharis are the original settalers of Assam with Mising, Dimasha etc. We Ahoms, Kalitas, Brahmins or Kuch all came later. I forgot who wrote but there is a sepater in class 8 or 9 Assamese Language books on Assamese Popoulation. I read it in 80s. So not sure how the present education look like. Also I am out of Assam for last 16 years. Lately I heard that a large number of Bodos , Mising etc are converted to Christian and there % is quite high compare to 20/30 years ago.
A lot has changed in 16 years. Illegal immigration is the real issue, but kept under wraps.

pmaitra

@pmaitra

Are you saying Indira Gandhi encouraged illegal immigrants from BD? How did you come to that conclusion? Or did you just make that up?
Yes. She is on record as saying Bangladeshi refugees could be settled in other states if Assam did not want them [I will try to find some links and post later]
Refugees are not illegal immigrants. Indira Gandhi wanted to settle the refugees, and you are presenting that as if she encouraged illegal immigration. Complete misrepresentation of facts.

How much to you know about the Bangladesh Liberation War?
Enough.
Enough trash to be precise, and very little of substance.

There were 10 million refugees in India before war broke out. Many of them were Muslims. It was utter chaos, because borders were opened for civilians. When Pakistani Army was about to surrender, the Mukti Bahini had already started killing the Razakars. Many such people sneaked into India at that time. There was no way to tell who is who.
India should deport all Bangladeshis, period. Bangladesh has a stable democracy and doing better economically.
Bangladeshis should be deported and everybody agrees on that. This doesn't change the fact that you are making up fairly tales about Indira Gandhi.

Just don't blame Indira Gandhi because she is from Congress.
Well, on the contrary I blame Indira Gandhi for starting the rot in Congress party.
Well then back up your claims. She wanted to settle refugees is quite different from encouraging illegal immigrants.

KS

Bye bye DFI
First of all The Illegal Migrants (Determination by Tribunal ) (IMDT) Act , applicable in Assam, which was passed by Indira Gandhi, a downright ridiculous act which makes it incumbent on the police to prove the accused is a Bangladeshi rather demanding the accused to prove he is an Indian (which is the basis of the Foreigners Act applicable in rest of India) must be repealed and more stringent laws brought into place.

This is the law that is being abused by the illegal Bangladeshis to avoid deportation to BD once caught.

ani82v

Country flag
Since you did not read my earlier post but quoted it, let me say it again. Bodos called a bandh, some Muslims defy it and what started as a fist fight turned into a communal violence. Muslims were attacked first, then they retaliated. Bodos have terrorists backing them up with Ak-47s, Muslims do not have that luxury. Of all people displaced, it is mostly Muslims, who are valid Indian citizens. I would not be surprised though, if in 1 village there are 1 or 2 illegal Bangladeshi settlers. The cause however is political.

To add to your post, illegal immigration is a sensitive topic in Assam, and I have never denied the presence of Bangladeshis in Assam. But this incident was a political one. If illegal immigration was the main issue, then Dimasas would also have attacked Muslims in Dima Hasao, Hindu Bengalis would have done the same in Barak Valley, Karbis would have followed suit in Karbi Anglong. There would have been similar attacks in Dibrugarh, Jorhat and Tinsukia which are the bastions of anti-Bangladeshi sentiment. There is huge resentment amongst the people due to continuous illegal immigration, but this particular incident is being given a twist of illegal immigration and the resentment and attacks being justified, so that ring leaders of the violence and the political class are unscathed.
If it is given a twist, as you claimed from your insider information, can you point me to any such source?
I too am not a big fan of reliability of main stream media myself and we all are ready to stand corrected if you give some source to back your assertion.

parijataka

Country flag
Refugees are not illegal immigrants. Indira Gandhi wanted to settle the refugees, and you are presenting that as if she encouraged illegal immigration. Complete misrepresentation of facts.

Enough trash to be precise, and very little of substance.

Bangladeshis should be deported and everybody agrees on that. This doesn't change the fact that you are making up fairly tales about Indira Gandhi.

Well then back up your claims. She wanted to settle refugees is quite different from encouraging illegal immigrants.
Get back to you on Indira Gandhi later.

Raj30

Assam Riots - systematic Hindu Cleansing
Assam Riots - systematic Hindu Cleansing
This article is a composition of the comments from a ToI reader TwoGBoros.
The original article is found in the link

Assam riots spread to new areas, toll rises to 40

Assam riots spread to new areas, toll rises to 40 - The Times of India

Disclaimer : the author has just consolidated the comments and may differ with opinion from TwoGBoros

Summary

Violence in Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts are the Bangladeshi muslim terrorism in India. Muslim politicians of Assam and Muslims in areas bordering Bangladesh want to join Bangladesh. Muslim immigrants flocking into Assam is a part of a subversive conspiracy.

Congress Votebank treacherous Politics

In Assam there were hardly any muslims but now it is 30% muslims from Bangladesh. They are armed by Paki ISI Al Qaeda and congress party. These muslims are killing Hindus Bodos in Assam and displaced around 1.6 lakh Hindus. Congress does not want to sent back the muslims and want to keep them as votebank. Fencing the 4000 Km border is not completed. Home ministry have banned our BSF from using live bullets. Sonia being a christian plant and she worked for ISI in London before marriage, is supporting the muslim infiltration. Out of every 300 muslims who entered Assam from Bangladesh only one is sent back. When will the stupid Hindus will learn the nature of muslims and Christians. Unless we kill muslims there will never be peace in India. As long as the christian and muslim controlled congress party is there India is doomed. Hindus should unite to understand what is going on globally. Stupid Hindus will think it is happening some where far away. The Assam muslims are being helped by Kerala muslims even but the stupid idiotic Hindus do not have any brain to understand it. It is muslims killing Hindu tribals in Assam.

Demography of Assam vs Illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants

Assam has 262 km border with Bangladesh out of which 92 km is riverine. The illegal migrants coming into India after 1971 have been almost exclusively Muslims. There were 7.5 lakh Bihari Muslims in refugee camps in Bangladesh in 1971. At the instance of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan was persuaded to accept 33,000 Bihari Muslims. There are at present only 2 lakh Bihari Muslims in refugee camps in Bangladesh. The unaccounted for 5.17 lakhs must have infiltrated into India. Muslim population of Assam has shown a rise of 77.42% in 1991 from what it was in 1971. Muslim population in Assam has risen from 24.68% in 1951 to 28.42% in 1991. As per 1991 census, four districts like Dhubri, Goalpara, Barpeta and Hailakandi have become Muslim majority districts. Two more districts like Nowgaon and Karimganj, should have become so by 1998 and one Morigaon district is fast approaching this population. Pakistan's ISI has been active in Bangladesh supporting militant movements in Assam. Muslim militant organisations have mushroomed in Assam and some 50 Assamese Muslim youth having gone for terrorist training to Afghanistan and Kashmir. The dangerous consequences of large scale illegal migration from Bangladesh, both for the people of Assam and more for India as a whole, is very alarming. No mistaken notions of secularism should be allowed to come in the way of tackling and sending back the muslim terrorists back to Bangladesh. As a result of this invasion from Bangladesh by its muslim terrorists the indigenous people of Assam are being reduced to a minority in their home State. The local population cannot enter the mini Pakistan being maintained by these terrorist Bangladesi muslims. Cultural and physical survival of local Hindu Assamese is in jeopardy. Political control of Hindus of Assam is weakened by the vote bank policies of the congress government at the centre and state. Employment opportunities of Hindus have been undermined. This invidious demographic war by muslims from Assam supported by local muslims is resulting in the loss of the geostrategically vital districts of Lower Assam to muslim terrorism as we are seeing now. The influx of these illegal Bangladesi muslim migrants is turning these districts into a Muslim majority region. It will then only be a matter of time when a demand for their merger with Bangladesh may be made. The rapid growth of international Islamic fundamentalism is providing the driving force for this demand. In this context, it is pertinent that Bangladesh has long discarded secularism and has chosen to become an Islamic State. Loss of Lower Assam will sever the entire land mass of the North East, from the rest of India and the rich natural resources of that region will be lost to the Nation.

Terrorist Groups

There are so many terrorist groups operating in Assam. The banned terrorist groups of Assam are
National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB)
United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA)
United Liberation Front of Barak Valley (ULFBV)
ACTIVE GROUPS

Adivasi Cobra Force (ACF)
Dima Halim Daogah (DHD)
Hmar People's Convention- Democracy (HPC-D)
Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO)
Muslim United Liberation Tigers of Assam (MULTA)
United People's Democratic Solidarity (UPDS)
Black Widow (BW)
All Adivasi National Liberation Army (AANLA)
Karbi Longri North Cachar Hills Liberation Front (KLNLF)

Some of the remaining terrorist groups of Assam are,
Adam Sena (AS)
Adivasi Security Force (ASF)
All Assam Adivasi Suraksha Samiti (AAASS)
Barak Valley Youth Liberation Front (BVYLF)
Bodo Liberation Tigers (BLT)
Gorkha Tiger Force (GTF)
Harkat-ul-Jehad Harkat-ul-Mujahideen
Islamic Liberation Army of Assam (ILAA)
Islamic Sevak Sangh (ISS)
Islamic United Reformation Protest of India (IURPI)
Karbi National Volunteers (KNV)
Karbi People's Front (KPF)
Koch-Rajbongshi Liberation Organisation (KRLO)
Muslim Liberation Army (MLA)
Muslim Security Council of Assam (MSCA)
Muslim Security Force (MSF)
Muslim Tiger Force (MTF)
Muslim United Liberation Front of Assam (MULFA)
Muslim Volunteer Force (MVF) People's United Liberation Front (PULF)
Rabha National Security Force (RNSF)
Revolutionary Muslim Commandos (RMC)
Tiwa National Revolutionary Force (TNRF)
United Liberation Front of Barak Valley United Liberation Militia of Assam (ULMA)
United Muslim Liberation Front of Assam (UMLFA) etc

History of Conflict

Violence in Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts are the Bangladeshi muslim terrorism in India. Muslim politicians of Assam and Muslims in areas bordering Bangladesh want to join Bangladesh. Muslim immigrants flocking into Assam is a part of a subversive conspiracy. S.K. Sinha, the Governor of Assam and later the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, in 1998, submitted a report to President K.R. Narayanan, about the massive illegal immigration from Bangladesh. Shri S K Sinha linked the illegal immigration directly to the international conspiracy to have a Greater Bangladesh. He quoted pre 1971 comments from late Pakistani Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and late President of Bangladesh Sheikh Mujibur Rahman endorsing the inclusion of Assam into East Pakistan which is the present Bangladesh. Anxiety and popular anger over illegal immigration prompted political unrest in the state of Assam. Congress government controlled by Christians and muslims, and its government at the centre supported this illegal immigration. The present terrorism in Assam is by Christians and muslims from Bangladesh. The National Democratic Front of Bodoland, also known asNDFB or the Bodo Security Force, is a christian terrorist outfit that use Latin script and seeks to obtain a sovereign Bodoland for the Bodo people in Assam, India. The founder of the organization, Ransaigra Nabla Daimary, alias Ranjan Daimary has been arrested and detained by Indian authorities. NDFB do not represent majority indigenous Hindu Bodos. Hindu Bodos use Devanagari script as medium of writing. In May 2006, five members of the security forces were abducted and killed by NDFB members in Assam's Udalguri district. The group also continued to clash with cadres of the ex-BLTF (Bodo Liberation Tiger Force). On 5-6-2006, two former BLTF cadres were killed by NDFB militants in the Karbi Anglong district, and one former member of the disbanded group was lynched by suspected NDFB militants in Golaghat district on 3-6-2007. On 4-10-2009, anti talks faction of NDFB under the leadership of Ranjan Daimary fired on villagers of Bhimajuli in Sonitpur disctrict killing 14 people. In November 2010, NDFB announced that they would kill at least 20 Indians to avenge the death of their commander, Mohan Basumatary in October 2010. On 8-11-2010, NDFB attacked a bus and markets killing 19 of which 14 were Bihari Hindus. 8 BSF jawans were killed on 14-3-2011 by terrorists of Ranjan Daimary-led faction in Kokrajhar

KS

Bye bye DFI
  • If you cross the The North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years of hard labor in an isolated prison.
  • If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you get detained indefinitely.
  • If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
  • If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you get jailed.
  • If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you get branded as a spy & your fate sealed.
  • If you cross the Cuban border illegally, you get thrown into a political prison to rot.
  • If you cross the British or US border illegally, you get arrested, prosecuted, sent to prison & be deported after serving your sentence.

Now ;

If you were to cross the Indian border illegally, you get the following from the "secular" ruling Congress goondas:
1. A ration card
2. A passport (even more than one, if you so choose )
3. A driver's license
4. A voter identity card
5. Credit cards
6. A generous Haj subsidy
7. Job, college & school reservation
8. Special minority only privileges
9. Government housing on subsidized rent
10. Loan to buy a house
11. Free education & illegal guns. If arrested on any crime entitled to first class jails with biriyani for lunch.
12. Free health care & freedom to spy, print & distribute counterfeit money.
13. A lobbyist in New Delhi , with a bunch of media morons & a bigger bunch of human rights activists promoting your cause
14. The right to talk about "secularism" non stop, which you have not heard about in your own country!
15. And of course voting rights to elect corrupt "secular" Congress beggars who want your votes !
16. Right to fight election as a Congress MLA or MP. Hats off to the Corrupt, communal "secular" Indian Congress politicians
17. Pseudo-secular fundamentalists in India , who promote traitors & divide & rule people

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was seeing the debate on Times Now and NDTV thereafter.

I am amused that the Congress calls it an ethnic violence and not a communal one.

What is the difference?

natarajan

If it is congress governing state ,it is ethnic else if it is bjp it is communal .
I dont think muslims are most affected as media would blown out of proportion like gujarat or may be silent as bjp was not governing ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles