Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I cannot pick a side.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
If by deriding you mean turning down her advances.
No by Deriding i mean sending her back and forth between themselves for their sheer fun .

What would you do if a random chick proposes to you in the forest?
Ohhh . . . Yeah

I wonder what would Bhima have done . . .quite stupid that . . no then ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Re: Indian cricket fans harrassed in Sri Lanka

Can you elaborate ?
Ravana was known for his virility and his aggressive conquests of women but he had only one wife, Mandodari - daughter of Mayasura and an apsara named Hema.

Mandodari was renowned for her wisdom and grace as well as beauty and chastity. The first was the encounter with the sage-woman Vedavati. Vedavati had been performing penance with the intention of winning Lord Vishnu as her husband. Ravana met her at her hermitage, her beauty enhanced by the austerities she had performed. He proposes to her and is rejected. Ravana mocks her austerities and her devotion to Vishnu; finding himself firmly rejected at every turn, he tries to molest Vedavati, pulling her hair. This greatly incensed her, and she forthwith cut off her hair, and said she would enter into the fire before his eyes, adding, "Since I have been insulted in the forest by thee who art wicked-hearted, I shall be born again for thy destruction." So she entered the blazing fire, and celestial flowers fell all around. It was she who was born again as Sita, and was the moving cause of Ravana's death, though Rama was the agent.

Vedavati is said to have been reborn as Sita, causing Ravana's death and winning Vishnu (as Rama) as her husband.
Also, Jain traditions.

Ravana asked the sage, "How shall I die?" and Anantavirya replied, "Your death will be at the hands of a future Vasudeva because of a sin connected with another man's wife." He then took a vow before the same muni that he will not enjoy another man's wife against her will.
Source: Wiki

Here you go. Don't know it's authenticity, though. So, yeah Ravana was kinda scared touching other peoples women.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If by deriding you mean turning down her advances. What would you do if a random chick proposes to you in the forest?
I would have sex with her provided she doesn't look like mayawati :D

pmaitra

Speaking of Bhima, now that reminds me of another avatar of Vishnu, Krishna.

Recall Bhima's duel with Jarasandha, and what role Krishna played.

KS

Bye bye DFI

He wasn't as lecherous I know , was a visionary like I said before. But wasn't he asking her aggressively and employing deceits like presenting fake head of Rama and all that to convince her to marry him?
You don't do that if you don't want the woman. There were a hell lot of other ways to torture Rama or Sita if he indeed wanted to explore.

Regards,
Virendra
Hmm interesting point. I completely forgot about that.

Maybe what started as a pure revenge mission got evolved into love...

Bollywoodish...? :hmm:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
No by Deriding i mean sending her back and forth between themselves for their sheer fun .
That totally justifies her attacking Sita. And no, she didn't attack Sita out of humiliation but because Laxman told her that she could be Ram's second wife and Ram had told her he was a 'one woman guy'.Then she gets her nose cut trying to attack this woman, did she learn her lesson? No. She goes home, tells the evil overlord brother of hers how pretty Sita is and incites him to abduct her .

I seriously don't see how Surpankha is the victim here.

Ohhh . . . Yeah

Irrelevant.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

To use a crude term - if she had not fallen for lust (one of the five great sins) and appproached Ram/Laxman nothing would have happened.
So it was she who set the ball rolling first.
Suffice is to say that Ram/Laxman had no way of knowing what drove her to Propose to them

Lust or Love .

In Any case . . . So according to you a women who has sexual desires deserves to be humiliated ?

pmaitra

That totally justifies her attacking Sita. And no, she didn't attack Sita out of humiliation but because Laxman told her that she could be Ram's second wife and Ram had told her he was a 'one woman guy'.Then she gets her nose cut trying to attack this woman, did she learn her lesson? No. She goes home, tells the evil overlord brother of hers how pretty Sita is and incites him to abduct her .

I seriously don't see how Surpankha is the victim here.
Two brothers saying different things - obviously, one of them is being deceitful. So it is fair enough that Ravana used deception to carry away Sita.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Wrong analogy - Bhima fell in love with Hidimbi..not the other way around.

Suffice is to say that Ram/Laxman had no way of knowing what drove her to Propose to them

Lust or Love .

In Any case . . . So according to you a women who has sexual desires deserves to be humiliated ?
Either way she was unjustified in approaching a married man.

No a woman who when rebuffed goes to kill my wife/bro's wife deserved to be killed, much less sent away with a punishment.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

:facepalm:

Ok, recall that thread where we were debating whether Churchill was worse than Hitler. Hitler was better than Churchill, as per the poll, but does that make Hitler a good person?

Again, it is a sentence in the superlative.

Here is the link: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/military-history/35651-most-evil-individual-20th-century.html

Hope that clarifies everything.
It doesn't clarify anything :D.

I have not participated in that thread but both were evil crooks. Just bcoz one is less evil than the other that doesn't mean one is more gentlemanly than the other. Neither of them were gentlemen. period.

In the same way, Ravana was also not a gentleman.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Wrong analogy - Bhima fell in love with Hidimbi..not the other way around.
Aaaah so its ok if the Man falls in love with a stranger in the forest
but totally inappropriate when its a Woman

What twisted Logic !!!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

What kind of an argument is that?
Everyone has sexual desires. How you choose to try satisfy them differs a civilized person from a despo.

pmaitra

It doesn't clarify anything :D.

I have not participated in that thread but both were evil crooks. Just bcoz one is less evil than the other that doesn't mean one is more gentlemanly than the other. Neither of them were gentlemen. period.

In the same way, Ravana was also not a gentleman.
Ok, fair enough, but I still stand by my position that Ravana was the most gentlemanly of all the main players in Ramayana.

Note, to say "Ravana was a gentleman," would be a different thing, and I ain't saying that. ;) That's a strawman you and Dovah made up. :p

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I am sure your cant
She was a psychopath. She tried to attack Sita ffs. Remember your post about violence on women? Or is it OK when its woman on woman.

Aaaah so its ok if the Mans fall in love with a stranger in the forest
They both fell in love with each other. IIRC, Hidimbha helped Bhima kill her own brother. True love. :yey:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Ok, fair enough, but I still stand by my position that Ravana was the most gentlemanly of all the main players in Ramayana.
Not Hanuman. :taunt:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Aaaah so its ok if the Man falls in love with a stranger in the forest

What twisted Logic !!!
Again you dont get the point -

If Bhima had fell in love with a married woman , he would be wrong..But he did not..Hidimbi was not married..... In contrast, Surpanaka wanted Ram even after knowing he was married.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles