• I cannot pick a side.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: Indian cricket fans harrassed in Sri Lanka

In defense against Supankha who resorted to violence first.
Shurpanakha, by charging towards Sita. You don't wait for more indications if you intend to defend yourself and your kind.

KS

Bye bye DFI

and i repeat
To use a crude term - if she had not fallen for lust (one of the five great sins) and appproached Ram/Laxman nothing would have happened.
So it was she who set the ball rolling first.

pmaitra

I have added a poll. If you need any more option to be added, please post here.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well cant pick a side....Brother's duty towards a sister vs husband's duty to a wife.

Pick a side.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

To use a crude term - if she had not fallen for lust (one of the five great sins) and appproached Ram/Laxman nothing would have happened.
So it was she who set the ball rolling first.
Add to it her brother to fall in the lust for Sita

KS

Bye bye DFI

Add to it her brother to fall in the lust for Sita
That would be unfair - Raavan, afaik, did not fall in lust for Sita.

He was there to take revenge for his sister and in the process his anger got comppounded when Ram killed Maaris (the golden dear) who happened to be his uncle.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

That would be unfair - Raavan, afaik, did not fall in lust for Sita.
He was there to take revenge for his sister and in the process his anger got comppounded when Ram killed Maaris (the golden dear) who happened to be his uncle.
Nope. If anger and revenge had to be there. He could've cut the nose or killed her as well.
Why abduct a lonely woman by deceiving her?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well cant pick a side....Brother's duty towards a sister vs husband's duty to a wife.

Pick a side.
Maybe there should be a "it's all fate" option, coz that's what you said earlier.

Also, is there a sin in making visible polls ?

KS

Bye bye DFI

Nope. If anger and revenge had to be there. He could've cut the nose or killed her as well.
Why abduct a lonely woman by deceiving her?
He abducted Sita not for the purpose of lust but to grieve Ram in the purpose....Atleast that is what I think.

If he was as lecherous,I dont think he would have waited for her permission to touch her.

BTW if he had killed SIta, there would have been no Ramayan..atleast on this grand a scale..:p

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It was Ram/Laxman who started deriding Surpanakha and humiliated her in the first place
If by deriding you mean turning down her advances. What would you do if a random chick proposes to you in the forest?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

He abducted Sita not for the purpose of lust but to grieve Ram in the purpose....Atleast that is what I think.

If he was as lecherous,I dont think he would have waited for her permission to touch her.
I think Ravana desired Sita, but I think there was a curse on him, the fear of which prevented him from touching her.

KS

Bye bye DFI

I think Ravana desired Sita, but I think there was a curse on him, the fear of which prevented him from touching her.
Can you elaborate ?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

See, this is what happens when you jump in the middle of the thread. First read the preceding posts.

Here you go:

I cannot make it any simpler.
Still it won't make Ravana a gentleman. He is a kidnapper no matter how you twist the things to suit your argument.

The way you are saying is (by giving a similar analogy) that there are many serial killers but there is one serial killer who killed only two people and therefore he is gentlemanly than other serial killers.

Reactions: KS

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

He wasn't as lecherous I know , was a visionary like I said before. But wasn't he asking her aggressively and employing deceits like presenting fake head of Rama and all that to convince her to marry him?
You don't do that if you don't want the woman. There were a hell lot of other ways to torture Rama or Sita if he indeed wanted to explore.

Regards,
Virendra

Reactions: KS

pmaitra

Still it won't make Ravana a gentleman. He is a kidnapper no matter how you twist the things to suit your argument.

The way you are saying is (by giving a similar analogy) that there are many serial killers but there is one serial killer who killed only two people and therefore he is gentlemanly than other serial killers.
:facepalm:

Ok, recall that thread where we were debating whether Churchill was worse than Hitler. Hitler was better than Churchill, as per the poll, but does that make Hitler a good person?

Again, it is a sentence in the superlative.

Here is the link: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/military-history/35651-most-evil-individual-20th-century.html

Hope that clarifies everything.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles