Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Out of 20 non-Hindi states of India, only Tamil Nadu people say Hindi is imposed and they also don't want to accept the reality other 19 non-Hindi states don't give a damn about Tamil Nadu's obsession against Hindi. :)
Its the issue of Tamil Nadu, not whole of south India or non-Hindi states of India.
But what made Tamil Nadu representative of all states who don't speak Hindi as native languages. Your anti-Hindi agitation had no taker beyond Tamil Nadu.
I guess some false pride or thinking Tamil Nadu is whole South India.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I mean division of states based on language started after Tamil agitation.

Linguistic based state division came out of it:
But what made Tamil Nadu representative of all states who don't speak Hindi as native languages. Your anti-Hindi agitation had no taker beyond Tamil Nadu.

Linguistic based state division came out of it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sta...1956#/media/File:South_Indian_territories.svg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Reorganisation_Act,_1956

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Sambha ka Boss

I mean division of states based on language started after Tamil agitation.

Linguistic based state division came out of it:

Linguistic based state division came out of it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Reorganisation_Act,_1956#/media/File:South_Indian_territories.svg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Reorganisation_Act,_1956

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
No you are wrong, it didn't stat after Tamil Nadu agitation but agitations by Telugus. the linguistic state organization came after Andhra statehood agitations by Telugus of Madras state in early 1950s and it worsened after Sriramulu fastened to death and it has nothing to do with Hindi. Telugus then formed second largest linguistic group in Madras. Andhra state was created in 1953. During the same time there were agitation for other language states like Marathi speaking state, Kannada speaking state, Malayalam speaking state, Punjabi speaking state etc.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
No you are wrong, it didn't stat after Tamil Nadu agitation but agitations by Telugus. the linguistic state organization came after Andhra statehood agitations by Telugus of Madras state in early 1950s and it worsened after Sriramulu fastened to death and it has nothing to do with Hindi. Telugus then formed second largest linguistic group in Madras. Andhra state was created in 1953. During the same time there were agitation for other language states like Marathi speaking state, Kannada speaking state, Malayalam speaking state, Punjabi speaking state etc.
Yes, after was wrong word. I didn't want to retype on my phone!

Language protests were common during 50-60s.

Sambha ka Boss

Yes, after was wrong word. I didn't want to retype on my phone!

Language protests were common during 50-60s.
Yes, But they were for language based states, not against Hindi. Even when Madras was huge state, anti-Hindi environment were brewing up only in Tamil majority districts. The Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam speaking districts of Madras had no effect of it.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Yes, But they were for language based states, not against Hindi. Even when Madras was huge state, anti-Hindi environment were brewing up only in Tamil majority districts. The Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam speaking districts of Madras had no effect of it.
Not much difference. Congress screwed it up in TN.

asingh10

Also,There have been many Sufi saints in India like Mazhar Jan-i-Janan who accept Ram and Krishna as the Prophets of God,some even accepted Vedas as revealed book like quran in 1750s

"Prince Muhammad Dara Shikoh (1627-1658 AD) the favorite Sufi son of Moghul emperor, Shah Jehan... wrote in his Persian translation of the Upanishads. 'After gradual research; I have come to the conclusion that long before all heavenly books, God had revealed to the Hindus, through the Rishis of yore, of whom Brahma was the Chief, His four books of knowledge, the Rig Veda, the Yajur Veda, the Sama Veda and the Atharva Veda.' ... The Quran itself, he said, made veiled references to the Upanishads as the 'first heavenly book and the fountainhead of the ocean of monotheism.' In his Majma al-Bahrain, he sought to reconcile the Sufi theory with the Vedanta. He was able to affirm that Sufism and Advaita Vedantism (Hinduism) are essentially the same, with a surface difference of terminology."
Appropriation of pagan gods and philosophy is largely done as a subversion tactic to get converts rather than any genuine goodwill. It's a very old trick in the Abrahamic circles :-

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-missionaries-play.61689/page-31#post-1078877

On Darah Shikoh, check this out :-

http://www.kashmirherald.com/featuredarticle/darashikoh.html

What Dara Shukoh was claiming was that like the Qur'anic revelations were an extension and completion of the Biblical revelations in the same way these were also an extension of the revelations of the Vedas. And as Biblical revelations stand superseded by the Qur'an so do the Vedic revelations. In claiming that the secret revelations mentioned in the Qur'an were the Upanishads, he clearly implied that the Qur'an is simply a continuation of the earlier revelations. In asserting the perfection of prophethood of Prophet Muhammad, he was also implying the perfection of revelations in the Qur'an. The Hindus were essentially Muslims, only they were not aware of this -- a secret that he had unraveled.
^^ If this is true then Dara is hardly repudiating Islam, infact he is merely re-enforcing the core Islamic belief that Quran is final revelation and that the books before it have been corrupted. Even Zakir Naik is known for doing this :-

http://www.islamawareness.net/Hinduism/ZakirNaik/part1.html

BTW Ahmaddiyas also appropriated Lord Rama, Lord Buddha and Lord Krishna as prophets, accorded the status of Sufi saint to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. This didn't stop them from supporting Pakistan in 1947 and sending Furqan force into Kashmir, 1948. So Hindus should really take these things with a pinch of salt and not get carried away too much. I've seen some Hindus who converted to Islam based on such juvenile arguments .

Last edited:

asingh10

In Jammu and Kashmir, the official language is now Urdu. Not Dogri (Jammu), Kashur (Kashmir), or Ladakhi (Ladakh). Meanwhile in Telangana state, Asaduddin Owaisi has demanded that the State Govt conduct DSC for Urdu Medium :-

http://www.siasat.com/news/asaduddin-owaisi-demands-dsc-urdu-medium-872619/

In Pakistan too, many languages have been suppressed and destroyed in favor of Urdu. It's the official language of Pakistan despite that it's only spoken by Muhajirs (< 10 %).

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Appropriation of pagan gods and philosophy is largely done as a subversion tactic to get converts rather than any genuine goodwill. It's a very old trick in the Abrahamic circles :-

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-missionaries-play.61689/page-31#post-1078877

On Darah Shikoh, check this out :-

http://www.kashmirherald.com/featuredarticle/darashikoh.html

^^ If this is true then Dara is hardly repudiating Islam, infact he is merely re-enforcing the core Islamic belief that Quran is final revelation and that the books before it have been corrupted. Even Zakir Naik is known for doing this :-

http://www.islamawareness.net/Hinduism/ZakirNaik/part1.html

BTW Ahmaddiyas also appropriated Lord Rama, Lord Buddha and Lord Krishna as prophets, accorded the status of Sufi saint to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. This didn't stop them from supporting Pakistan in 1947 and sending Furqan force into Kashmir, 1948. So Hindus should really take these things with a pinch of salt and not get carried away too much. I've seen some Hindus who converted to Islam based on such juvenile arguments .
Ahmadiya are one of the most anti india and anti hindu breed .... the terminologies like baniya and veggies for hindus are the creation of Ahmadiya not punjabis ..... because Ahmadiya as a business community faced stiff challenged from businessmen community like Vaishyas and Punjabi Khatris who were most successful as businessmen before 1947.

Owner of MDH Dharampal is a paki Khatri whose family was looted during partitioned by muslims,there are several successful Paki khatris like him.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The original language of Bharat Desh is Sanskrit. Hindi itself is a language of illiterate which was used first during Mahabharat war as a code language.

There is a need to go back to Sanskrit, the language of Veda; as well as language of Bharat for millions of years.

Imposition of Hindi will fail as it is not a well structured language like Sanskrit.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
interrupting with a 'chhota munh badi baat'. read a few posts. what is called as Hindi nowadays in usual parlance is actually 'Hindustani', a mix of Sanskrit, Hindi, Faarsi, Urdu, etc., and now English too (like 'modern' Marathi), accepted as our 'Hindi' post-independence, or the bollywoodised Hindi. actual Hindi (as i think was conveyed by @asingh10, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad, @Screambowl in this and the other similar thread) is this if am not wrong (a bit of a test for even Hindi knowers/speakers):

(from the great scholar late Shri Gopinath Kaviraj ji)

its usually said that "Urdu is a beautiful" language; actual 'Hindi' OTOH feels like an absolutely 'upright' and bhadra-bhaasha!

P.S. - one could check books of 'Datia Peeth' on scribd too for instance - old books in actual Hindi and also in Sanskrit.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
interrupting with a 'chhota munh badi baat'. read a few posts. what is called as Hindi nowadays in usual parlance is actually 'Hindustani', a mix of Sanskrit, Hindi, Faarsi, Urdu, etc., and now English too (like 'modern' Marathi), accepted as our 'Hindi' post-independence, or the bollywoodised Hindi. actual Hindi (as i think was conveyed by @asingh10, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad, @Screambowl in this and the other similar thread) is this if am not wrong (a bit of a test for even Hindi knowers/speakers):

(from the great scholar late Shri Gopinath Kaviraj ji)

its usually said that "Urdu is a beautiful" language; actual 'Hindi' OTOH feels like an absolutely 'upright' and bhadra-bhaasha!

P.S. - one could check books of 'Datia Peeth' on scribd too for instance - old books in actual Hindi and also in Sanskrit.

There is no problem in reading this. But some really strong words required me to look for their meaning. Vacabulary needs to be improved.

atev apekshakrit .. ... nahi hoti l this sentence was little tough for me.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
There is no problem in reading this. But some really strong words required me to look for their meaning. Vacabulary needs to be improved.

atev apekshakrit .. ... nahi hoti l this sentence was little tough for me.
yes the latter pages have more 'discomforting' ones; guess Kaviraj ji was warming the readers up in the starting pages. :p

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Hardev Bahari (Rajasthan) is the best book for learning Hindi.

Sambha ka Boss

Anyhow, I think everyone agrees that:

1. Sanskrit is a good choice for a link language. We do not know how to make it happen, it seems practically impossible.
2. One should learn to live and let live. In a diverse nation of 1.2 billion there will be many who do not speak the language which you do (Hindi or whatever). So, best not to deride or mock people for that.
3. Unity is most important and shit like AIT and stuff is the worst possible thing to have at the moment. We need an overhaul and revamp of the education system and societal discourse.
Sanskrit would have been resisted in Tamil Nadu same like Hindi(you may remember the last year news regarding criticism of Sanskrit Week in Kendriya Vidyalayas). Moreover, even if some Hindi speaker or Malayalam speaker attributes to Sanskrit for richness of their languages, the anti-Sanskrit bandwagon is even bigger including Leftists in North India along with its Hindu tag. In North India, there had been a deliberate attempt to classify Sanskrit and Prakrit as different unrelated languages to create hostility against Sanskrit among North Indians too. Being a Hindi speaker, I really don't care if somebody learns Hindi unless and until people refrain from hate campaign against Hindi.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
sorry for reviving this dead thread, this is ongoing debate of "hindu Imposing" for last few years now.
and Mods should stick this Thread now.

@Bornubus

I am a Western Indian from Saurastra Region of Gujarat. and we speak gujarati here.

we have no problem in Learning Hindi and even illiterate Gujjus can speak is clearly thanks to Bollywood. even it's is a Compulsory subject here til std. 10. also Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language like Gujarati so common heritage also helps us.

why we speak Hindi, we speak it with Gujarati Lone words like Punjabis, Marathis and Rajastanis.

I believe Hindi should be Priority for North Indians now. because of our shared Culture and History. (Kashmir to Maha, Guj to Assam) if south Indians dont want Hindi than it's okay.

but I am a Brahmmin so I like Sanskrit more than any other Language and i hope Gov. one day try to Patronize Sanskrit in at last North Indian States. :p

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles