IDN TAKE: Why India Should Buy the F-35 Lightning II

Zebra

Country flag
Compared to F 35 it is easy to maintain.
Ha...ha...

Sir, you better ask it to IAF first about maintenance of MiG-29.

Anyway, I am still waiting for the report that you mentioned earlier ------> the DOT&E Report on the F-35 program published in January 2015

pmaitra

Ha...ha...

Anyway, I am still waiting for the report that you mentioned earlier ------> the DOT&E Report on the F-35 program published in January 2015
I am still waiting for you to back up this claim:
The same radar technology, in which Russian can't able to get a AESA radar on MiG-29 and Israelis managed.

Zebra

Country flag
I am still waiting for you to back up this claim:
Now you jumped with your wooden sward, as usual. Isn't it...?

Remember we talked about maximum speed of Chinook.

Now you provide that Russian company's link who make those AESA radars for Russian MiG-29, if they make any.

pmaitra

Now you provide that Russian company's link who make those AESA radars for Russian MiG-29, if they make any.
Please back up your claim.

You made a claim. You back it up.

Bahamut

Ha...ha...

Take the link now
http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2014/pdf/dod/2014f35jsf.pdf
As for the IAF they are happy with level of maintenance of Mig 29.They are doing a upgrade. In fact the mig 29 are renowned for easy of serviceability.The easiest in IAF to maintain are the Mig 29.To be fair the nearing the end of their life and new upgrade bring them back to 0 flight hour condition.If there was a problem like MiG 21 or 23 we would be replace them or grounding them not upgrading them plus the Mig 29K and IAF mig have more then 50% common part and nearly 100% common weapons,so even less maintain chain.

Bahamut

MiG 35 has a AESA radar.Similarly upgrades for Su 30 and Su 35 are going to available for next year.If the IAF want MiG 29 to have AESA ,the mig 35 radar can be added but it means decrease in kinematic performance so IAF decided no do that.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
If I am not wrong, F-35 can tackle S-400. Its been designed to do that.
Hmmmm.... and how would anybody know? S400 till date is in service with only Russia and may have been sampled by the Chinese and Indians, and all of them are unlikely to share the technical abilities to USA and their allies. Even S300 is classified and F35 or any stealth AC has not been tested against them. So how come your one liner can be taken as a fact? How stealthy one AC can be when a dense AD radar system is actively seeking for enemy AC in conjunction with AWACS at the sky? Or do you think radar technology has stayed back at the same place where it was when F35 development began? F35 is a colossal collective mistake made by the western powers which has the potential to hurt them big time.

Zebra

Country flag
MiG 35 has a AESA radar.Similarly upgrades for Su 30 and Su 35 are going to available for next year.If the IAF want MiG 29 to have AESA ,the mig 35 radar can be added but it means decrease in kinematic performance so IAF decided no do that.
I am after company's web link about that specific product.

Zebra

Country flag
Hmmmm.... and how would anybody know? S400 till date is in service with only Russia and may have been sampled by the Chinese and Indians, and all of them are unlikely to share the technical abilities to USA and their allies. Even S300 is classified and F35 or any stealth AC has not been tested against them. So how come your one liner can be taken as a fact? How stealthy one AC can be when a dense AD radar system is actively seeking from enemy AC with AWACS at the sky? Or do you think radar technology has stayed back at the same place where it was when F35 development began? F35 is a colossal collective mistake made by the western powers which has the potential to hurt them big time.
I doubt this red color part.

Remember a Russian expert talked and praises F-35.

On top of it, he talked about latest missile project of US.

How he knows that much about F-35 and that missile project ....!

Zebra

Country flag
Yay! :bounce:

Thank you Zebra bhai.
Now now don't get excited and provide this........................... that Russian company's link who make those AESA radars product for Russian MiG-29.

pmaitra

Now now don't get excited and provide this........................... that Russian company's link who make those AESA radars product for Russian MiG-29.
Why should I give a link? Did I make a claim? :eyebrows:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Are you dense? Or are you trying to be too clever? Why would Russia, or China share a technical info of a primary defence system with their porential future adversary? If it was two decades ago, it could have been said that somebody defected with secrets or west simply bought the secrets. Scenarios are quite different now. Even if the secret parameters has been leaked somehow, how would anybody know exactly how F35's stealth is going to work against a densely deployed S400 radar arrays?

Yes, a Russian talked about after he walked through LokheedMartin's development center for F35 and after being briefed by the lead scientists and after flying F35 against S400.........!!!!!

You have been trying to fool a bunch of people who are not fanboys of western tech. In this forum people have more understanding of Defence techs than your average facebook fanboys who worship flashy western goodies. So, instead of throwing unsubstantiated one liners, try to back up your claims with evidence which can be logically acceptable.

Bahamut

At present AESR is only for Mig 35 ,most customer of mig 29 do not require a AESR radar and if they do they will go for Mig 35.As new radar ,very little info is available on russian AESR.I said I wanted mig 29K to protect our CBG as it as better performance and carry equal air to air weapons and being easy to maintain ,we can keep a lot ready scramble to intercept threads but they improvement in finding cruise missiles.

He also said that there were problems in kinetic performance,we have to accept F 35 is basically a sensor platform .As for the missile yes,but it is in development and Russian are working on new algorithm to detect and destroy hyper sonic stealth weapons ,so is the US as Russia also has similar weapons in development.

pmaitra

@Zebra, @Bahamut,

The AESA radar was tested in a MiG-29. The question was whether the Russians can fit an AESA in a MiG-29. The answer is yes. That negates your (Zebra's) claim that they were not able to.

Zebra

Country flag
Are you dense? Or are you trying to be too clever? Why would Russia, or China share a technical info of a primary defence system with their porential future adversary? If it was two decades ago, it could have been said that somebody defected with secrets or west simply bought the secrets. Scenarios are quite different now.

Boy, make it clear in your mind, big and bad never ever get involved against each other directly, what so ever.

I am not sure you watched that video or not, but I referred it to @ pmaitra , he said he will watch it later as it was very long.
That video talked about how big and bad powers work for that matter .

Even if the secret parameters has been leaked somehow, how would anybody know exactly how F35's stealth is going to work against a densely deployed S400 radar arrays?
Again, wait for some time.
Or
Get a Crystal ball for your self.
Its that easy.

Yes, a Russian talked about after he walked through LokheedMartin's development center for F35 and after being briefed by the lead scientists and after flying F35 against S400.........!!!!!
Now you are trying your facebook fanboys' skills. Isn't it....?
Anyway, he did talked about F-35, that is fact.
But how he know that much.....!

You have been trying to fool a bunch of people who are not fanboys of western tech. In this forum people have more understanding of Defence techs than your average facebook fanboys who worship flashy western goodies.
It was the Russian fanboys who try to prove themselves about F-35 expert, not me.
Try something else.

So, instead of throwing unsubstantiated one liners, try to back up your claims with evidence which can be logically acceptable.
Just few examples...............................

1) Check the readiness rate figures of F-35s.

Tell me, who posted crap.

2) All the claims were done based on the DOT&E Report on the F-35 program published in January 2015.

Where is that link....!

And you cry in front of me to prove everything.

Bahamut

The report is here .Just download it .................................................................................

Attachments

Zebra

Country flag
The report is here .Just download it .................................................................................
:facepalm:

1) The entire ga............ga was based on 2014 report.

2) And the entire report was based on Block 2B development only.

3) They lagged behind it, because of engine failure in June. As they lost time (due to some restrictions were imposed) in-between July and November.

4) Block 2B was the F-35B's IOC configuration.

5) As the F-35 B already got its IOC, so all good as of this moment. :biggrin2:

------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW the link and its part ............................

The first paragraph of the the report......... (page 39) ............

executive summary

Test Planning, Activity, and Assessment

The program focused on completing F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Block 2B development and flight testing in an effort to provide limited combat capability to the fielded early production aircraft and to support the Marine Corps plans for declaring Initial Operational Capability (IOC) in 2015.

page 49 second last paragraph, last line .......................................

Block 2B is planned to be the Marine Corps IOC configuration.

Bahamut

:facepalm:

1) The entire ga............ga was based on 2014 report.

2) And the entire report was based on Block 2B development only.

3) They lagged behind it, because of engine failure in June. As they lost time (due to some restrictions were imposed) in-between July and November.

4) Block 2B was the F-35B's IOC configuration.

5) As the F-35 B already got its IOC, so all good as of this moment. :biggrin2:

------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW the link and its part ............................

The first paragraph of the the report......... (page 39) ............

page 49 second last paragraph, last line .......................................
But the performance is still not up to the march.Even LCA & PAKFA has IOC and are full of problem.IOC is step before trails.By the way is cannon on JSF final firing in mid air?Is it taking 8g turns?The helmet full integrated? Backup instrument in place? Low quality pics of behind the aircraft shown in helmet solved? Engine working correctly? Can it launch Aim 9X will doing 6 g turn?Is the software for real time sharing data with naval and ground forces complete?Can it final fly in thunderstorms?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles