Can you eat beef and still be a "Hindu?"

If you eat beef, can you still be considered a "Hindu?"

• Total voters

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
If someone in my family eats Beef, I'd cut them off from my life entirely.

On the inside I'd like to lynch them but I would restrain myself as I wouldn't want to sabotage my life at this stage.

It's slightly understandable if a Hindu who was born in America eats Beef as he's not raised in an environment that considers Cow to be sacred but it's 100% unacceptable for a Hindu raised in India.
Cow made Hindus revolt in 1857. Hindus have thoroughly protected the cows.

Originally posted by the @trialbyfire

1667876921914.png

Vinash

Country flag

Blademaster

I understand that the cow is a holy figure and animal in our religion. But everyone sins. As long as they repent and amend their ways they shouldn’t be cut off from the rest of us. We all break one of our dharmic duties or vows in one form or the other. Shouldn’t we be allowed to amend our ways or are we condemned to hell forever or what?

Vinash

Country flag
I understand that the cow is a holy figure and animal in our religion. But everyone sins. As long as they repent and amend their ways they shouldn’t be cut off from the rest of us. We all break one of our dharmic duties or vows in one form or the other. Shouldn’t we be allowed to amend our ways or are we condemned to hell forever or what?
Don't take it personally.

Most H's including extremists like me would totally understand if foreign born/raised H's do it. Even Urban H's raised by secular H parents can be given some exemption to mend their ways.

Blademaster

And that’s how we will lose the demographic race. We need to recruit new blood and that means washing their sins away and welcoming back. As it is stated they force the converts to eat beef so they can’t convert back. Let’s take that power away from those Muslims or Christians by denying them the ability to lock those converts away. That’s how we can defeat them.

Vinash

Country flag
And that’s how we will lose the demographic race. We need to recruit new blood and that means washing their sins away and welcoming back. As it is stated they force the converts to eat beef so they can’t convert back. Let’s take that power away from those Muslims or Christians by denying them the ability to lock those converts away. That’s how we can defeat them.
It's two different things.

We should accept H's back into the fold who give up Beef eating. But, we should also never accept people who want to continue eating it.

Vamsi

Country flag
Not every sin can be repented. Brahmana Hatya and GoHathya (Killing cows) are non-negotiable.....if a Hindu eats beef and goes to temples, he still won't get phala of going to temple, also no matter how strictly he does a Puja, he won't any phala because of GoHathya dosha, it's as simple as that.

Blademaster

Not every sin can be repented. Brahmana Hatya and GoHathya (Killing cows) are non-negotiable.....if a Hindu eats beef and goes to temples, he still won't get phala of going to temple, also no matter how strictly he does a Puja, he won't any phala because of GoHathya dosha, it's as simple as that.
That is still preferable to him being a Muslim or Christian because that person would never want to harm hindus or destroy that way of life. He would be harmless whereas hardline muslims or christians would want to destroy our way of life and traditions.

Vamsi

Country flag
That is still preferable to him being a Muslim or Christian.
No it is not, accepting a beef eating hindu will normalise eating beef....

A beef eating Hindu will have more GoHathya dosha than a beef eating Momin....Our gods may forgive a momin ,but they won't forgive a Hindu

@Blademaster our civilization survived Islamic invasions not only because of valour and sacrifice of our ancestors,but also because of our orthodoxy, do not forget that

Blademaster

No it is not, accepting a beef eating hindu will normalise eating beef....

A beef eating Hindu will have more GoHathya dosha than a beef eating Momin....Our gods may forgive a momin ,but they won't forgive a Hindu
What?? Our gods will forgive muslims and christians but not hindus??? No one is normalizing eating beef but the point I am trying to make is as long as they give up beef and come back to the fold, they can be forgiven and accepted.

Blademaster

Let me ask you guys something. It is a thought experiment. What if in the future we have the technology of food replicators where they can replicate protein dishes such as chicken and beef. It is real chicken and beef not fake chicken or beef. It is just replicated. No cows or chickens are killed in the process. It was created by recreating the proteins using DNA replication etc. technobabble blah blah. Is eating replicated beef a sin?

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
We have to proselytize no body is against that. But no proselytizing at the cost of core fundamentals of DHARMA. Greeks Sakas Hunas have all submitted to the elegance of DHARMA. There was no change of fundamentals. So why there be need of change of fundamentals now? There is not. You need vision to proselytize. You don't need to change or alter the core doctrines of DHARMA. Those are eternal.

Vamsi

Country flag
What?? Our gods will forgive muslims and christians but not hindus??? No one is normalizing eating beef but the point I am trying to make is as long as they give up beef and come back to the fold, they can be forgiven and accepted.
1. Yes, our gods MAY forgive a beef eating Momin or Christian, but not a beef eating hindu, because if you are a Hindu, you must respect what Isvara said and should stop eating beef, if not it shows your arrogance

2.If they give up beef, and strictly does a parihara for GoHathya papa, only then they should be accepted

Vamsi

Country flag
Let me ask you guys something. It is a thought experiment. What if in the future we have the technology of food replicators where they can replicate protein dishes such as chicken and beef. It is real chicken and beef not fake chicken or beef. It is just replicated. No cows or chickens are killed in the process. It was created by recreating the proteins using DNA replication etc. technobabble blah blah. Is eating replicated beef a sin?
Yes it is .....only thing that should consumed from a cow is its milk and milk products...

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
Even the IscKon does not allow the cow flesh. They might have altered many doctrines within DHARMA. Yet the cow part is strict red line they will never breach.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles