Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Maverick007

I hope that this test vindicates Arjun's position as a good tank...........if at all there are any glitches, it can sorted out in the Arjun Mark 2.............You cannot get a perfect tank on day 1.........Its an evolving process and I am sure that the Arjun will eventually make one hell of an excellant tank

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
this is getting interesting:

http://beta.thehindu.com/business/companies/article109124.ece

“BEML is considering the futuristic main battle tank that is light and can be transported by a helicopter. With our experience in building armed recovery vehicles and expertise of our international associate we want to create a team to build it,'' BEML Chairman and Managing Director V. R. S. Natarajan said here.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
a post by user sunny v of BR

Back from defeexpo..loved it
nOw some news Arjun will be getting follow up orders,after the trials,on an interesting note i was told that Arjun uses certain electronics that are onboard the isreali Merkeva AND Abrhams tanks,used for detection of mines,when asked about why the Indian army was stressing more on the need of having more T-90's over arjun,the officer said that the army wants a mix of both.thermal imagner of the arjun tank was something which gave it a cut above??,the ergonomics inside the tank was something the tank crew loved

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
When i talked to the DRDO guy about the upcoming trials he told me many trials had been done and as for as GSQR was concerned arjun had passed , when i pushed him on why the IA did not want the arjun he told me he was not allowed to speak on the topic

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
When i talked to the DRDO guy about the upcoming trials he told me many trials had been done and as for as GSQR was concerned arjun had passed , when i pushed him on why the IA did not want the arjun he told me he was not allowed to speak on the topic
Well its votka what else. T 90S dont even pass the GSQR of IA.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
At the MTU stall
1500BHP
turbodiesel
a third smaller than the old engine
can operate in temperatures upto 60degree centigrade

flaming arrow

a post by user sunny v of BR

Back from defeexpo..loved it
nOw some news Arjun will be getting follow up orders,after the trials,on an interesting note i was told that Arjun uses certain electronics that are onboard the isreali Merkeva AND Abrhams tanks,used for detection of mines,when asked about why the Indian army was stressing more on the need of having more T-90's over arjun,the officer said that the army wants a mix of both.thermal imagner of the arjun tank was something which gave it a cut above??,the ergonomics inside the tank was something the tank crew loved
Sridhar ji i had posted this on BR,the army and drdo chap was clear in many aspects when i was asking questions regarding the performace of arjun,but when i asked him if arjun is so good why are we not going for more orders instead planning to induct more t-90's,he said the army has its own requirement and will be inducting according to its need(the reply was not of good taste).on the other hand the other chap was more then happy to tell me about the systems onboard,thier is a self diagnsotic system which tells you if the arjun is well or not,not just this it tells you about the problem area to.this kind of tech is currently used in abrahams and merkeva 4,i was told the main gun of arjun beats merkeva anyday,these were just not his words its what the isrealis had to say.Arjun passed direct hits from t-90 AP rounds, it passed fragmented top attack munitions,guys there is alot more then what meets the eye,alot more which i cannot discuss here on this forum as feel it will not be appropiate

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
flaming arrow i have got good pic to support what you have posted, but at present net is not working properly, therefore expect pic tommorow.

ppgj

Sridhar ji i had posted this on BR,the army and drdo chap was clear in many aspects when i was asking questions regarding the performace of arjun,but when i asked him if arjun is so good why are we not going for more orders instead planning to induct more t-90's,he said the army has its own requirement and will be inducting according to its need(the reply was not of good taste).on the other hand the other chap was more then happy to tell me about the systems onboard,thier is a self diagnsotic system which tells you if the arjun is well or not,not just this it tells you about the problem area to.this kind of tech is currently used in abrahams and merkeva 4,i was told the main gun of arjun beats merkeva anyday,these were just not his words its what the isrealis had to say.Arjun passed direct hits from t-90 AP rounds, it passed fragmented top attack munitions,guys there is alot more then what meets the eye,alot more which i cannot discuss here on this forum as feel it will not be appropiate
FA, that is great info you have got first hand. it is sad that the army continues to be an obstacle.

i did not get your observation 'there is more than meets the eye'. can you elaborate?

flaming arrow

sayareakd sir,i think ur spot on this touch screen is on the right hand side of the driver,have a look at this video of mien i made on ARJUN TANK,i placed some clips of the interior of arjun tank and the crew while operating the tank

Last edited by a moderator:

flaming arrow

FA, that is great info you have got first hand. it is sad that the army continues to be an obstacle.

i did not get your observation 'there is more than meets the eye'. can you elaborate? ]
ppgj sir ARJUN has imbued all the best tech of other world class tanks in it,thanks to the diligent work done by drdo,why army is not acepting it with open arms is a different story,i think army still lives with that bad feeling that drdo never delivered anything on time,like during kargil war WLR of needed badly by the army it was promised by drdo bt again the need could not fulfilled.coming back to the topic ARJUN,the up coming trials are actually not trials but an exercise where the strength and the weakness of ARJUN & T-90,will be evaulated,ARJUN has already faced what it had to proove its worth,its time all that now comes in front of us so that the critics can have thier mouth shut,work on ARJUN 2 is already underway,expect the slant turret on it,critics have been crying rivers that arjun's armour is not slant and cannot withstand this n that,it cannot be compared to this and that may be this feeling which has homed inside them will change soon..As i had mentioned that ARJUN had taken direct hit from t-90(ap round) and passed,if one wants kill this beast you will have to destroy its track or pray that the crew somehow swtiches off its electronics or hit it with something like a milan from less ten 200 mtrs repeatedly.How can i say all this!! well these are the words of the officers who operate it,you all must be remembering a third party was called in to evaluate ARJUN,the party was isreali.and they had gone back home stunned after witnessing ARJUNS performance..>>>>>>//////////////////

Last edited by a moderator:

ppgj

ppgj sir ARJUN has imbued all the best tech of other world class tanks in it,thanks to the diligent work done by drdo,why army is not acepting it with open arms is a different story,i think army still lives with that bad feeling that drdo never delivered anything on time,like during kargil war WLR of needed badly by the army it was promised by drdo bt again the need could not fulfilled.coming back to the topic ARJUN,the up coming trials are actually not trials but an exercise where the strength and the weakness of ARJUN & T-90,will be evaulated,ARJUN has already faced what it had to proove its worth,its time all that now comes in front of us so that the critics can have thier mouth shut,work on ARJUN 2 is already underway,expect the slant turret on it,critics have been crying rivers that arjun's armour is not slant and cannot withstand this n that,it cannot be compared to this and that may be this feeling which has homed inside them will change soon..As i had mentioned that ARJUN had taken direct hit from t-90(ap round) and passed,if one wants kill this beast you will have to destroy its track or pray that the crew somehow swtiches off its electronics or hit it with something like a milan from less ten 200 mtrs repeatedly.How can i say all this!! well these are the words of the officers who operate it,you all must be remembering a third party was called in to evaluate ARJUN,the party was isreali.and they had gone back home stunned after witnessing ARJUNS performance..>>>>>>//////////////////
right FA. the army can keep on it's mission of stalling. but it will have to end one day. they will have to eat their words and take it with lot of pride lost.

good info FA again. thanks.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Guys i have seen one of the tank from DRDO (tank Ex) in digital cama. i will try to post the pic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles