Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It has been shown as its one of the feature MK2 has, Other than that what you mention is rightfully correct ..

@sayareakd and @Kunal Biswas,
Is this mine plough going to be fitted to every Arjun-Mk2?
My limited brains says that 2-3 tanks would be more than sufficient to take up the mine clearance activity while other tanks in the formation can follow with heavier weapons load.

Last edited by a moderator:

hitesh

WTF i was watching parade on ABP news and the commentator who was some retired armored core officer was bullshitting about arjun when DRDO weapons came up on parade He was like " i have commanded tank regiment my self and if given a chance to select between Arjun MK2 and T90 for going into war i would always select T90 for sure "

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
WTF i was watching parade on ABP news and the commentator who was some retired armored core officer was bullshitting about arjun when DRDO weapons came up on parade He was like " i have commanded tank regiment my self and if given a chance to select between Arjun MK2 and T90 for going into war i would always select T90 for sure "
he wont last much in that tank. Gorgian War has shown this. Those new anti tank will just rip the T series tank wide open.

Neil

Country flag
the mkII turret ERA looks heavily influenced by T-90.

but loved the new camo- looks sharp.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I am sure @Damian will say the angled ledge is a tool box and still has no protection. Actually the angled side of the turret does still look like a tool box but i am not sure why the Scientists dont want to fill that area. :rolleyes:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Tank seems to have Active or passive protection system.

Elbit Systems of America® laser systems utilize both coherent and non-coherent laser sources. We understand the full scope of issues associated with each laser threat type and have the systems engineering expertise necessary to accurately and reliably detect, locate and categorize these threats.

Features:

Complete threat coverage
High dynamic range
Direction indication for all threats
Audio and visual warning
High probability of detection
Low false alarm rate
Immune to:
Reflections from nearby objects
Gun fire
Lightning
Fire

Laser Warning System | Elbit Systems of America®

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

from the position of RCWS and hatch it appears that RCWS is also made to operate manually, like in this video frame 1.01 onwards

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles