AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Satish Sharma

Country flag
but 5th gen fighter from nothing to first flight in 4.5 years is amazing ?

i only hope it happens in that timeline . most likely will end up getting delayd
First they gave 3 year timeline for prototype once funds are released they knew it won't happen so extended 4.5 yrs.. it will again get extended

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Amca to takeoff with in 4.5 years - project director Krishna rajendra
Production will take 10 years,by 2034 for amca mk1..
Kuch nhi ho sakta Bhai 10 saal Bina stealth aircraft ke rahenge hum..
Ye log inte lambe chodte hai yaar.
'first prototype will roll out in 3 years and all prototypes will be delivered in 5 years'🤡
Wait source ?

Azaad

Country flag
Amca to takeoff with in 4.5 years - project director Krishna rajendra
Production will take 10 years,by 2034 for amca mk1..
Kuch nhi ho sakta Bhai 10 saal Bina stealth aircraft ke rahenge hum..
Ye log inte lambe chodte hai yaar.
'first prototype will roll out in 3 years and all prototypes will be delivered in 5 years'🤡
What exactly is wrong with the T/L ? The project director clearly states that the FLYOFF will happen in 4.5 yrs which is a year after roll out for it'd be involved in taxi trials .

Pls also understand that while funds have been sanctioned they haven't yet been transferred to ADA / HAL . Presumably it'd be done before the end of the year . Hence FLYOFFs will commence 4.5 yrs after allocation of funds which would be early to mid 2029.

This also means we'd have to go in for MRFA ASAP. The IAF seems convinced Rafales are good enough to take on the J-20s. Let's hope & pray they're right in their assessments & more importantly we conclude the damn deal ASAP.

My own gut instinct is we'd probably go in for 2-3 squadrons of the Su-57 Block 2 in a few years thru direct off-the-shelf imports. That's Plan B in case Plan A doesn't go as envisaged.

maximus777

Country flag
Please get whatever we have to. MRFA + interim 5th generation fighters to cover the tech gap and shore up numbers. For fks sake, Pakis are close to getting 2 variants of 5th gen aircraft - Turkish and PRC!!

GOI & IAF - Please don't get your ass handed to you again!

raju1982

Country flag
What exactly is wrong with the T/L ? The project director clearly states that the FLYOFF will happen in 4.5 yrs which is a year after roll out for it'd be involved in taxi trials .

Pls also understand that while funds have been sanctioned they haven't yet been transferred to ADA / HAL . Presumably it'd be done before the end of the year . Hence FLYOFFs will commence 4.5 yrs after allocation of funds which would be early to mid 2029.

This also means we'd have to go in for MRFA ASAP. The IAF seems convinced Rafales are good enough to take on the J-20s. Let's hope & pray they're right in their assessments & more importantly we conclude the damn deal ASAP.

My own gut instinct is we'd probably go in for 2-3 squadrons of the Su-57 Block 2 in a few years thru direct off-the-shelf imports. That's Plan B in case Plan A doesn't go as envisaged.
The bold part: I would never rely on IAF brass in this regard. They were sleeping on F-16 blk 50/52+ with AIM-120C5 in PAF's hand (2010 onwards) till Balakot happened. They never checked if SU-30 MKI with R-77 RVV-AE is capable of handling this threat or not. Though IAF got detailed info about F-16 during MRFA tender. IAF chief himself said they were waiting for Rafale with Meteor!! So from 2010 to 2019 IAF was on 'Bhagwan bharose' mode! lol

Satish Sharma

Country flag

It will be better we make amca mk 0.5
With all already developed sub-systems for super su30 & Tejas mk2..
Amca mk1 is taking so much time god knows when will mk2 commence.. rather than wasting time just put 4.5gen avionics,systems and make it ready.. by this way we can reduce time of testing..
It will be better to replace mig 29s with amca mk 0.5 which actually has similar T/W ratio compared to mwf..
First prototype in 3.5 yrs maybe first flight in 4.5 yrs
So 4.5 yrs for first flight 5.5 years for testing..
5 prototypes will be made for testing.
And still we are not sure because there can be delays. Most likely we will see a delay of 3-5 yrs.
So it's way better just to make Amca mk 0.5

I don't think kaan will be ready. it will take atleast 10 years. We have done preliminary design review and critical design review they haven't done CDR yet.

The bold part: I would never rely on IAF brass in this regard. They were sleeping on F-16 blk 50/52+ with AIM-120C5 in PAF's hand (2010 onwards) till Balakot happened. They never checked if SU-30 MKI with R-77 RVV-AE is capable of handling this threat or not. Though IAF got detailed info about F-16 during MRFA tender. IAF chief himself said they were waiting for Rafale with Meteor!! So from 2010 to 2019 IAF was on 'Bhagwan bharose' mode! lol
Rvv-sd came in service in 2015. Anyways
If people like us can understand why can't they ? They were most likely waiting for astra as just for 4 years it wouldn't have been worth it to buy 110km range missile from Russians.. but still they had to import it because our production was not that high and they had already exhausted life the lre missiles..

Last edited:

raju1982

Country flag
It will be better we make amca mk 0.5
With all already developed sub-systems for super su30 & Tejas mk2..
Amca mk1 is taking so much time god knows when will mk2 commence.. rather than wasting time just put 4.5gen avionics,systems and make it ready.. by this way we can reduce time of testing..
It will be better to replace mig 29s with amca mk 0.5 which actually has similar T/W ratio compared to mwf..
First prototype in 3.5 yrs maybe first flight in 4.5 yrs
So 4.5 yrs for first flight 5.5 years for testing..
5 prototypes will be made for testing.
And still we are not sure because there can be delays. Most likely we will see a delay of 3-5 yrs.
So it's way better just to make Amca mk 0.5

I don't think kaan will be ready. it will take atleast 10 years. We have done preliminary design review and critical design review they haven't done CDR yet.

Rvv-sd came in service in 2015. Anyways
If people like us can understand why can't they ? They were most likely waiting for astra as just for 4 years it wouldn't have been worth it to buy 110km range missile from Russians.. but still they had to import it because our production was not that high and they had already exhausted life the lre missiles..
I am may be wrong but IAF bought SD variant after Balakot. Do you have any source for this? My thought is being much larger and wide access to to European, US and Russian market how did Porkis mamage to geg more advanced weapons than India!
Really really bad planning. Also in last 10 years of Modi govt IAF inducted only 36 Rafale in advanced category except few MKIs and Tejas mk1. Also no UCAV. It is a big failire when Chona did Doklam seven years back. IAF is in very bad shape if we consider China.

no smoking

Country flag
For country with 4 trillion gdp our air force is a joke
The air chiefs don't have x a clue about modern network centric war fighting ...They are living in 1980s thinking we need numbers

Look at the Israelis
300 fighters lovely mix of
Twin engines F15 x 100
Single engines F16 x 200
Now 40 F35 fifth gen
Superb armaments training doctrine

They would wipe the floor with both India and Pakistan combined
Even as a Chinese, I have to defend Indian generals here. People like to check their performance against other countries military forces without considering the difference of resources they get.

Israel spent 4.5% of GDP on their military forces, how much does India spend?
Comparing to Israel's much smaller size land, India obviously need much bigger number of fighter jets to cover her land.

We should never have invested so much russian hardware it is not working
Just like I always told my children: before you asking any expensive toy, please check the price and your daddy's wallet.

Simple fact is: until 2022, Russians had been the only reliable and affordable supplier of India considering the price and scale.
French: too expensive;
American: expensive and too much pre-conditions.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Even as a Chinese, I have to defend Indian generals here. People like to check their performance against other countries military forces without considering the difference of resources they get.

Israel spent 4.5% of GDP on their military forces, how much does India spend?
Comparing to Israel's much smaller size land, India obviously need much bigger number of fighter jets to cover her land.

Just like I always told my children: before you asking any expensive toy, please check the price and your daddy's wallet.

Simple fact is: until 2022, Russians had been the only reliable and affordable supplier of India considering the price and scale.
It all ends how much aid you get. Israel get some 4 billions aid from usa everyear. And we are forgetting technological support...they just buy frame of aircraft from usa rest everything they make on there own..so it's cheaper for them..the all technology of elta's radars avionics come from USA..

Cost doesn't decide from where u buy defence. Geopolitics does..

no smoking

Country flag
It all ends how much aid you get. Israel get some 4 billions aid from usa everyear. And we are forgetting technological support...they just buy frame of aircraft from usa rest everything they make on there own..so it's cheaper for them..the all technology of elta's radars avionics come from USA..
Are these proving my point?
Comparing to India, Israel has so much advantages in fund and purchase channels. Certainly they can plan their military purchase in a whole different level.

And people always forget another key point: USA guaranteed Israel that her weapons will always be superior to those American weapons purchased by Israel's neighbors.

Cost doesn't decide from where u buy defence. Geopolitics does..
Firstly, cost is always one the key factors deciding where to buy especially when the quantity is big.
Secondly, to India, between US and Russia, geopolitically which one is more reliable partner?

kamaal

Country flag
Yes!! the PPT is finally ready. Soon the new scaled model will also come in public.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Who will manufacture the optics? I don't believe we have the expertise to manufacture those especially for das or EOTS. Or am i wrong?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles