Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Concard

Country flag
How likely would there be bottleneck after 3nm or so. Because such void can be used by us to catch up atleast for self-sufficiency. Also Is there any plan to design AI chips by Indigenous Companies? Because they are crucial in AI Missiles or Fighter Jets or Loyal Wingmans. Its too sensitive to source them from others.
You should kiss the ground under your feet if India makes 28nm chips. 50% of the market are for chips made on mature nodes which are used in consumer electronics like washing machines, micro-ovens, toasters, automobiles and in many industries. Let's capture that market first then think about others. Mind you if you would have a bought a PC 10 years ago with the configuration 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard disk, Quad core processor, even in 2024 that PC would be more than enough for general use.

So if we get to 7nm very late in the game that's completely fine, we can still play around with CPU designs. Right now the focus should be on 28nm node popping out 40,000 wafers per month. That should be the goal. This will catapult India to different orbit in electronic manufacturing. Other than China, other competitors like Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia neither have a fab nor or they are trying to have one anytime soon. Most of the semiconductor companies have huge presence and they have design teams in India as well. This will give us a massive advantage once our fabs are up and running.

another_armchair

Country flag
Food inflation is going to rip through the roof in the coming months.

No chance of a rate cut in the near future.

If monsoon plays truant this year too, expect the unthinkable.

There is going to be some serious squabbling between center and state over funds.

brat4

Country flag
that is highly optimistic. To go from 5T to 6T inside of two years would require posting growth rate of 10% per annum. I doubt India has the necessary infrastruture to accelerate to double digit growth rate without inflation doing most of the driving.
The only way i see this happening, is if the rupee strengthens due to balance of trade becoming positive - which i also dont see happening as oil will get more expensive in the near future,not cheaper.
its also difficult considering the slide of rupee in 2 years. which is also the reason why RBI is holding the rupee rate steady even while all other currencies are losing to the dollar. and that means our exports are also not attractive (purely on currency/value standpoint) but reduction of transport fees is covering for that currency loss.

goes to show how well co-ordinted this regime has been in terms of the economy. granted, some misses and oversights have happened, but overall, they have been fantastic for the Indian economy.

I shudder at the thought of anyone else coming to power.

Now even kotak bank not safe ?
I thought that was more for Kotak bank to improve its IT infra.. not really its financial health.

Uniline

Country flag
A quick question:
Why is it called 'the hindu rate of growth'? I find it very derogative...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles