Young India has clear advantage over ageing China, US: Tharoor

huaxia rox

It is a fallacy to compare democracies and to state that UK's democracy is the 'real one'.

Actually democracy was first implemented in back from classical Athens in the 6th century B.C. Greece, as is today, is hardly an example of being first class in all respects.

In essence, democracy is a political system in which all the members of the society have an equal share of formal political power.

Therefore, wherever ALL MEMBERS OF SOCIETY HAVE AN EQUAL SHARE OF POLITICAL POWER, it can be called a democracy. This equal share is constituted by the right to select and that mechanism is called VOTE!

At the same time, the style of democratic functioning depends on the nation, its singular cultural, historical, social matrices et al and hence it cannot be the same. The democracy of US cannot be the same as that of the UK or India or Greece or anywhere in the world where people are allowed to vote in their Govt.

Hence, it is infantile to equate any democracy with another.

It is another ignorant suggestion that language is the sole similarity in the democracies of the UK and India. Maybe a quick check on what is the Westminster type of democracy would clear the cobwebs of lack of knowledge that inhibits those who live in totalitarian regimes that find the frogmarched and goose stepping enforcement a source of delight and the elixir of life – sort of Zam Zam.
thank you from greece......i think a real english speaker (a brit or amerian) can leture me better about democracy then you do......they have real ones......

What are Chinese forced to do? Notwithstanding your claim that they are not allowed to pee on the street, may I remind you that their children to it with delightful abandon, not only on the street but also in airport floors! And they hack and spit at will. And the Chinese drink their own piss, let alone cow piss, in case you did not know. Please Google and educate yourself. And eat anything and every thing the crawls, walks, slithers around the earth and its waters! I find that you are a masochist wherein you want to be educated of the Chinese exotic, weird and even abhorrent ways of life and cuisine and social activities.
thats the difference between india and prc.....what ever behavir you said (execpt for choosing what they eat so long as no endangered animal involved) is the difference.....these things should be forced to quit but some chinese dont obey the law or some administrative regulations.....for example in prc who ever forcs others to drink cow piss is subject to law.....if he doesnt get caught you can only say he is lucky but nothing else.....while in india you are free to pee and shit everywhere and more than 50% of people shit in open belong to india.....is that supposed to be a freedom everyone should admire????

What is important to know is that in China, the people are forced to obey every diktat of the Communist Party and that is not an elected body!!!!!!!!!

If they do not obey, they go to the Laogai (euphemistically called 'education through reform'). What education? Education to obey the Communist philosophy of the moment, that's what! Obeying a junta that does not represent the people, it having never allowed the people to select them and thereby being the face of the people through a ballot!

Please do not live in a fond delusion. We are well aware of the situation in China. The big cities are not real China. See the poor in rural areas, see the beggars on the street, see how a single toilet services the village, see the way you cover up reality like the SARS epidemic. Therefore, your trotting out the wonders of China vis a vis others does not really tell of the reality!

But please Dream Away... dream away your reality!
1 well communists have their problems as everyone points out......but just like colonizers had their problems in india.....how ever all the achievements india can have now are largely based on the legacy of colonization.......but do you actually bitch about colonization that much??? you enjoy your english language pretty much dont you?

2 chinese got poor people and even the uk got beggars......the problem is how many there compared to india who has more poor than poorest african nations??? some of those nations are also democracy.....but does that mean a crap???just some laughing stocks......

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
thank you from greece......i think a real english speaker (a brit or amerian) can leture me better about democracy then you do......they have real ones....
Another juvenile and puerile statement that does not base its logic on facts.

Not surprising.

If can't debate the policy is to act the goat with deflections, obfuscation and factless and redundant garbage!

thats the difference between india and prc.....what ever behavir you said (execpt for choosing what they eat so long as no endangered animal involved) is the difference.....these things should be forced to quit but some chinese dont obey the law or some administrative regulations.....for example in prc who ever forcs others to drink cow piss is subject to law.....if he doesnt get caught you can only say he is lucky but nothing else.....while in india you are free to pee and shit everywhere and more than 50% of people shit in open belong to india.....is that supposed to be a freedom everyone should admire????
Another bogus argument with obfuscation.

It is a laugh that you speak of 'endangered animals". Check Google and see the rampant destruction because of the Chinese lust for endangered animals for food and so called Chinese medicine!

If those who pee in China anywhere and everywhere being subjected to law, then how come they do so openly and in airports?

And how come the Chinese Govt gave an Advisory to the Chinese people before the Olympics?

Why are you trying to prove the impossible and waste everyone's time and energy?

1 well communists have their problems as everyone points out......but just like colonizers had their problems in india.....how ever a the achievements india can have now are largely based on the legacy of colonization.......but do you actually bitch about colonization that much??? you enjoy your english language pretty much dont you?
Yes the Chinese CCP and China does have problem.

That problem is - the Chinese people.

No people, no problem!

I could write in Bengali, Hindi, German, Russian and some other vernaculars, but the Forum does not allow because people like you would not understand.

So, it has to be English.

I am glad you find my English superclass!

2 chinese got poor people and even the uk got beggars......the problem is how many there compared to india who has more poor than poorest african nations??? some of those nations are also democracy.....but does that mean a crap???just some laughing stocks......
Beggars are everywhere.

In China, you are lucky. You can kick the hell out of them and shove them in the laogai.

China is the laughing stock. They have a draconian system with a totally controlled legal system and yet they cannot put beggars away or profitably employed!

What a Joke!

Last edited:

huaxia rox

Another juvenile and puerile statement that does not base its logic on facts.

Not surprising.

If can't debate the policy is to act the goat with deflections, obfuscation and factless and redundant garbage!
and whats your point here??specificly......

Another bogus argument with obfuscation.

It is a laugh that you speak of 'endangered animals". Check Google and see the rampant destruction because of the Chinese lust for endangered animals for food and so called Chinese medicine!

If those who pee in China anywhere and everywhere being subjected to law, then how come they do so openly and in airports?

And how come the Chinese Govt gave an Advisory to the Chinese people before the Olympics?

Why are you trying to prove the impossible and waste everyone's time and energy?
i ve said there are laws to prohibit the comsuption of endangerred animals in prc and who ever tried to go against but not got caught later on is just lucky....same to those who forced others to drink cow piss........whose who dont pee in the right places......is that a problem???you dont have similar laws doesnt mean we cant have......you dont force people not to do illegal things doesnt mean chinese have to be like you......otherwise indians may not have more people shit in open than all other peoples combined......

Yes the Chinese CCP and China does have problem.

That problem is - the Chinese people.

No people, no problem!

I could write in Bengali, Hindi, German, Russian and some other vernaculars, but the Forum does not allow because people like you would not understand.

So, it has to be English.

I am glad you find my English superclass!
what you can write is not what i need to concern....in prcs case people only need to know how to write in chinese language.....if thats the problem you think then complain to all the chinese.....

Beggars are everywhere.

In China, you are lucky. You can kick the hell out of them and shove them in the laogai.

China is the laughing stock. They have a draconian system with a totally controlled legal system and yet they cannot put beggars away or profitably employed!

What a Joke!
yes who ever forces others to drink cow piss is likely to be subject to laogai.....and when you say beggars everywhere better show me the proof......just like i ve show you links from the us that can tell us india got more poor people than poorest african area......

mikhail

Country flag

i ve said there are laws to prohibit the comsuption of endangerred animals in prc and who ever tried to go against but not got caught later on is just lucky....same to those who forced others to drink cow piss........whose who dont pee in the right places......is that a problem???you dont have similar laws doesnt mean we cant have......you dont force people not to do illegal things doesnt mean chinese have to be like you......otherwise indians may not have more people shit in open than all other peoples combined......

what you can write is not what i need to concern....in prcs case people only need to know how to write in chinese language.....if thats the problem you think then complain to all the chinese.....

yes who ever forces others to drink cow piss is likely to be subject to laogai.....and when you say beggars everywhere better show me the proof......just like i ve show you links from the us that can tell us india got more poor people than poorest african area......
i do admit that nearly all of china's population get two square meals each day but again the truth is that the chinis can eat virtally anything from spiders to cockroaches to dung beetles to sewer rats and the funny thing is that they don't even spare the stray dogs there.that's the main reason why everyone in china gets two square meal each day.on the other hand in India even the poorest of the poor people don't eat these kinds of sh*t and hence many of them have to starve.perhaps we should ask our poor to follow the chini people when it comes to the food habit but then again i am cent percent sure that even they won't agree with this type of food habit.the following is an example of chini food habit:-
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01535/dog-meat-5_1535667a.jpg

huaxia rox

1 you have to understand this......chinese do have their habits of consuming animal foods that some other cultures dont seem to share........how ever eating dogs is not something just happens in china.....the west not doing this makes the whole thing like a real issue.........just like the west having problems with islam makes who ever that is antiislam feel so good their asses are saved and they are free to attack islam........do you know aussies would eat kangaroo?? westerners may think its cool but as a chinese i think its pretty weird although i dont have problem with who ever wants to eat that....

2 creatures like snake or dog sometimes are served as food in prc in deed.....but they are not cheap food for you info......you think chinese just grab what ever they want then eat it as food?? you need to pay for your food.....extremely poor people in prc can probably just afford vegitables and rices and noodles.....far from dogs and snakes.....

3 its a joke indians say they dont have food just because they dont eat as many kinds of animal as chinese......a lot of your poor people just cant afford the food.....otherwise some poor africans can also come here and say we are not poor.....we just dont eat animals like chinese........BBC NEWS | South Asia | India's poor urged to 'eat rats'

shom

1 you have to understand this......chinese do have their habits of consuming animal foods that some other cultures dont seem to share........how ever eating dogs is not something just happens in china.....the west not doing this makes the whole thing like a real issue.........just like the west having problems with islam makes who ever that is antiislam feel so good their asses are saved and they are free to attack islam........do you know aussies would eat kangaroo?? westerners may think its cool but as a chinese i think its pretty weird although i dont have problem with who ever wants to eat that....

2 creatures like snake or dog sometimes are served as food in prc in deed.....but they are not cheap food for you info......you think chinese just grab what ever they want then eat it as food?? you need to pay for your food.....extremely poor people in prc can probably just afford vegitables and rices and noodles.....far from dogs and snakes.....

3 its a joke indians say they dont have food just because they dont eat as many kinds of animal as chinese......a lot of your poor people just cant afford the food.....otherwise some poor africans can also come here and say we are not poor.....we just dont eat animals like chinese........BBC NEWS | South Asia | India's poor urged to 'eat rats'
I got wat u said,,, but tell me sumthng seriously do ur restaurants have menu like chilly Beetles ,,,, Goddy Manchuriann :scared2::toilet::taunt1:

mikhail

Country flag

mate if you have your way you will probably start eating each other in china by now.but thank god that the chini authorities are saner and hence they have made the consumption of dead human fetus as illegal!but hey don't you get upset coz there are still hundreds of other creatures like spiders,dung beetle,cockroaches and sewer rats which you will find quite delicious to eat given your "healthy" appetite for those things:lol:

no smoking

Country flag
Not a very good explanation.

It in no way connects to Mao.

I am overlooking it this time, but I shall not be lenient the next time.
You overlooked the effect of Civil war on China's social structure! With his bloody hand, Mao wiped out the entrie landlord class, which made the way for land reform -- the precondition of industrilization.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Land reforms is what got the agriculture on the move and brought the peasants into money and no longer as serfs.

That however has any connection with any Mao of India.

Enough of obfuscation and deflection, please.

Get back to the topic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The point was specified and you are still trying to drag along in the fervent hope that one will forget what was the issue.

There are laws in India on creating public nuisance, which means urinating in public. It is time you educate yourself and then comment.

Defecating in the open that you claim in India is using the fields in rural areas. That is on the way out because toilets are being constructed. In China also they defecate in the open and I have given links. So, quit riding the high horse.

You seem to be blind. It has been posted many a time to show that the Report that Indians are worse than sub Saharan Africa is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs.

One cannot make a blind see light, can one?

One does not bother is a Chinese knows Chinese, but if you are in this forum, then it is expected that you understand the basics of English.

huaxia rox

I got wat u said,,, but tell me sumthng seriously do ur restaurants have menu like chilly Beetles ,,,, Goddy Manchuriann :scared2::toilet::taunt1:
well never found that....maybe just in some rural areas where parts of some bug like creatures are sometimes picked to make traditional chinese drugs for medicine.....for food usuage seldom are they found in normal restruants but roadside stalls....

back to bug food topic.....its not only a little parts of chinese who consume that kind of food.....some other cultures also share this behavir......

Insect diet may be the solution for a hungry world | The Observers

and even in india in bollywood is also can happen.....'Back home television actor, Chetan Hansraj, talks about his experience of eating bugs. He says, "I have tasted the rhino beetle which tastes like a gourmet dish, but scorpions taste horrible. Considering the rate at which we are exhausting resources, there may come a time when we may have to fall back on primitive ways of survival, and if that means eating bugs, I am game for it." '
Fancy a bug on your platter? - Times Of India

how ever the bottomline is.....when trying to make insect food to collect enough bugs can be time consuming and money needed.....if you think they are cheep food that the poor (from developing nations like prc and india) can easily afford then you are seriously wrong.....

mate if you have your way you will probably start eating each other in china by now.but thank god that the chini authorities are saner and hence they have made the consumption of dead human fetus as illegal!but hey don't you get upset coz there are still hundreds of other creatures like spiders,dung beetle,cockroaches and sewer rats which you will find quite delicious to eat given your "healthy" appetite for those things:lol:
eating hunman placenta is legal practice although i dont think more than 1% chinese popluation will do that in prc but if you try fetus you should consider yourself having breached laws......

i personally am not for eating hunman placenta but evidence suggests this practice is observed in different culture.....and even January Jones ate that....

and india parts of india its also something can be found....

'In Central India, women of the Kol Tribe eat placenta to aid reproductive function. Consumption of placenta by a childless woman, "may dispel the influences that keep her barren."'
Human placentophagy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you think these indians are funny???

huaxia rox

The point was specified and you are still trying to drag along in the fervent hope that one will forget what was the issue.
well if there is anyspecified point then why cant speak it out loud???

There are laws in India on creating public nuisance, which means urinating in public. It is time you educate yourself and then comment.

Defecating in the open that you claim in India is using the fields in rural areas. That is on the way out because toilets are being constructed. In China also they defecate in the open and I have given links. So, quit riding the high horse.

You seem to be blind. It has been posted many a time to show that the Report that Indians are worse than sub Saharan Africa is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs.

One cannot make a blind see light, can one?

One does not bother is a Chinese knows Chinese, but if you are in this forum, then it is expected that you understand the basics of English.
1 can you show me one western source that says ' the Report that Indians are worse than sub Saharan Africa is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs.'???

2 it depends on how many people there doing their things.......maybe some rich white guys in beverly hills can pee around after having some pots but the problem is how many? and percentage here......

India 'the world's largest open air toilet' - Telegraph

guess you are going to show Report that India 'the world's largest open air toilet' is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs this time......if so.....sources.....i mean useful sources......

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
well if there is anyspecified point then why cant speak it out loud???

1 can you show me one western source that says ' the Report that Indians are worse than sub Saharan Africa is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs.'???

2 it depends on how many people there doing their things.......maybe some rich white guys in beverly hills can pee around after having some pots but the problem is how many? and percentage here......

India 'the world's largest open air toilet' - Telegraph

guess you are going to show Report that India 'the world's largest open air toilet' is based on incorrect selection of statistical inputs this time......if so.....sources.....i mean useful sources......
I think you are irrelevant to the thread.

You are basically attempting to be wander in both mind and content.

Apparently, you are so subsumed by your irrelevance that you have forgotten what the thread is about.

Do attempt hard with all your might that you can command and which you have shown your frailty to return to. to get back to the thread and its content.

I have shown enough of patience.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles