Why India Wins So Few Olympic Medals?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Re: Olympics: The difference between India and China is"¦ family

The difference is China cheats getting players banned while India upholds family values.

Sam24

If cricket was made an olympics, I doubt Indians stand a chance.

The only reason they seem to play cricket well is because no one else is taking it seriously.
No one is taking cricket seriously? Don't insult the sport my China-man friend...

Oracle

If cricket was made an olympics, I doubt Indians stand a chance.

The only reason they seem to play cricket well is because no one else is taking it seriously.
Cricket is a gentleman's game. Countries full of idiots don't play it.

s002wjh

Country flag

The difference is China cheats getting players banned while India upholds family values.
no one take your comment seriouslly anymore, anyone new only need read one of your comment to know you are a china basher, pay by france 50cent ;)

Sam24

Come on Frenchie. Be fair here. There's a lot wrong with China, but the Olympics is one front you really cant fault them. They dominated Beijing in 08 and are poised to take London as well.

I was at the Aquatic center Sunday and watched them break British hearts with a win over that poster boy Daley in the synchronized diving. On the + side I did get to see Prince Harry in the flesh for the first time:cool2:.

India can only improve, but attributing their disappointing performances to "family values", is just ridiculous me boy.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

You don't think India could be Olympic powerhouse if they draft champions from pre-school, spend a billion dollars a year on training and cheat whenever they can get away with it? I think they would no matter what the culture because it is a culture of its own.

satish007

no one take your comment seriouslly anymore, anyone new only need read one of your comment to know you are a china basher, pay by france 50cent ;)
pleaseserious then ,china,korea,indonesar badmenton have been disqualifird

s002wjh

Country flag

pleaseserious then ,china,korea,indonesar badmenton have been disqualifird
i know i put that ariticle on there. the fact is alot countries cheat, not soly china

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

I will apologise for saying too much about doping scandal. That was American claims anyway... not mine. My agenda should be clear... France beat GB, US beat Chinis and India beat last record. But China is guilty of rigging badminton and must own up to their cheats. It can't be brushed off or quantitated as "everybody does it." It would be nice to hear a little shame from Chinese on their cheating athletes.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

China's on 13 gold medals as of right now, with 23 overall. The States' is 24 overall with 9 gold. Its gonna be close this year.

Ray, how many is India on?

Never mind, I got it. 1 bronze.

So the difference between India and China is... 22 medals overall and 13 gold(for now), oh, and family. ROFL
What are you carping about?

Where is India in the competition.

You are merely trying flamebaits.

Quit being juvenile and totally a cretin.

Indeed, India should get robotics.

You are right.

s002wjh

Country flag

I will apologise for saying too much about doping scandal. That was American claims anyway... not mine. My agenda should be clear... France beat GB, US beat Chinis and India beat last record. But China is guilty of rigging badminton and must own up to their cheats. It can't be brushed off or quantitated as "everybody does it." It would be nice to hear a little shame from Chinese on their cheating athletes.
its not about everyone its about a bias perspective that only pick on china . looking at olympic doping record on wiki, there are plenty country caught doping during olympic more than china oylmpic doping record. as far as metal count US and China are in the top. and its really about sport and people who enjoy it, not accusation to other party win someone wins, it really show how shallow the accuser is. at least wait til evidence show up before accuse them.
the badminton was a shameful event for china, s.korea and indonesia. but i don't just pick on 1 country, report the whole truth not part of it to suit my perspective.

cw2005

I think he is under China's payroll. His task is to make Indians feel better and do not think of improving. I think he has not done a good job on that.

nimo_cn

Country flag

Upholding family values don't mean you have to get a big zero.

Americans care about familiy, they have got 12 gold medals.

South Koreans have got 6, Germany 3, Japan 2...

Indians 0. What a crap!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

its not about everyone its about a bias perspective that only pick on china . looking at olympic doping record on wiki, there are plenty country caught doping during olympic more than china oylmpic doping record. as far as metal count US and China are in the top. and its really about sport and people who enjoy it, not accusation to other party win someone wins, it really show how shallow the accuser is. at least wait til evidence show up before accuse them.
the badminton was a shameful event for china, s.korea and indonesia. but i don't just pick on 1 country, report the whole truth not part of it to suit my perspective.
To be fair, Chinese swimmers do have more doping scandals than any country so it is not an outlandish accusation. Don't fool yourself, Olympics is about national pride to the spectators. CCP makes important note of this and does anything not to lose medals. Glad you call it shameful, bloggers on Sina Weibo don't think so...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Why are the Chinese badminton players throwing away their matches?

They are all very good at the game.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Bad Sportsmanship from China and Korea

Could it be that losing in front of the world may have serious consequence which puts pressure on the athletes, more so in the case of China.

China, after all, did magnificently in Beijing Olympics and so it cannot afford to lose in London.

What happens to the Chinese athletes when they lose?

Are they retired and sent home without a farthing or are they allowed to continue in the sport of their choice?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Bad Sportsmanship from China and Korea

"Yang Wenjun won gold in the Olympics. It brings good luck here." But his mother, Nie Chunhua, said Yang had been anything but lucky. She wiped away tears with hands dark and swollen from farming.

"If I had better economic condition, I would not like him to do sports," Nie, 49, said this spring. "Every time I think about him training, I feel so sad that my heart hurts. For him, and for me, there is so much pain."

Yang, one of China's most successful water sports athletes, has never lived in his apartment. He has not seen his parents in three years. At 24, he lives 250 miles away at his sport's training center, where he is preparing for the Beijing Olympics.

Yang said he could not stand his life.
"I do not want to work as an athlete, but as an athlete here I have no freedom to choose my future," Yang said, speaking through the team's official interpreter. "As a child, I didn't learn anything but sport, and now what do I do? I can't do anything else. I have my own dreams, but it is very difficult. I don't have the foundation to make them come true."

Officials refused to let Yang retire, even after he won Olympic gold in the C-2 500-meter race with Meng Guanliang at the Athens Games in 2004. He described how they had threatened to withhold his retirement payment if he did not compete through the Beijing Games.

"It is not possible to survive without those benefits," said Yang, whose parents say he receives a monthly stipend of $230 and performance-based bonuses.

Pressure to remain an athlete weighs on him. His father and sister received white-collar jobs because of his celebrity. His mother stopped working. They all moved into Yang's apartment from their two-room cottage. Team, province and local government officials receive a percentage of Yang's winnings and a cut of his endorsement deal with Nike.

But Yang, who trains seven hours every day, is sick of the exhaustion brought on by canoeing, he said. His mother and father, Yang Yixiang, revealed that their son had a liver disease that caused extreme fatigue. Neither Yang nor his parents named the disease, but they said it could shorten his life. Chinese water sports officials said that Yang has had hepatitis since birth, but they could not say which form he has.
Thanks Yusuf for the link.

It tells the sad tale for the whole family, including the athlete, even in the height of glory!

The path is break breaking and in isolation from family life and pleasure.

And there is no private life.

One has to jump through the hoop at every signal!

One wonders if it is worth it!

satish007

guys, please repect each other's culture, Chinese culture indeed is a little bit aggressive, bag all gold, earn all money , nothing leave to others, not good. look at that.

That's American, child feel free to do anything.
At a recent wedding in Lexington, Kentucky, one member of the wedding party, an adorable flower girl with a white poufy dress and a garland in her hair, decided that the ceremony left something to be desired. Instead of listening to the priest, she opted to take a nap right on the altar.

on the other side, Beijing was suffering very heavy rain, many died,but while one of father brought his child to a math class for remediation at night Jul 21th. he found onbody lated. That's Chinese.
work too hard, aren't they?

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag

What are you carping about?

Where is India in the competition.

You are merely trying flamebaits.

Quit being juvenile and totally a cretin.

Indeed, India should get robotics.

You are right.
It's not flame-baiting, its fact. You're the one trying to bait me with insults.

That's your problem. You want to ignore India's shortcomings and sugarcoat them with rubbish like "family values" and the like. And you say WE have problems with dealing with our problems.

Quick update. Its 17 gold medals and 30 overall now. The States'are on 12 gold and 29 overall. Still close.

The difference between India and China is now 17 gold medals and 29 overall. oh, and family(let's not forget that). Deal with it Ray...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles