Why are Chinese tourists so rude? A few insights

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Most lousy kind? not necessary. People who have acquainted with Indians would understand that they talk aloud and like playing music with the phone speaker on while they are taking a walk. That is the most exotic scene in my campus, every time we walk by an Indian student, we learn a new Hindi song.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
So sad.

And yet, the world single out the Chinese as crass, crude and village bumpkins!

The world is so against the so disciplined, loveable, and even robotic Chinese.

NO fair!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@nimo_cn

Now why does the Chinese Govt have to give the guidelines if the Chinese tourists are the toast of the workd?

Can you explain that?

China issues civilised behaviour guidelines for tourists

Spitting and pushing into queues are just some of the "uncivilised" activities Chinese tourists are being warned against in new government guidelines.

Recent guidelines posted on the central government's website by the Chinese National Tourism Administration advise on littering, protecting cultural relics and showing courtesy, among other things.
"Being a civilized tourist is the obligation of each citizen," the official convention states, according to the Chinese state news agency Xinhua.
The move follows the outcry on Monday when a 15-year-old from Nanjing carved his name into an ancient relief at a temple in Luxor, Egypt.

China is currently experiencing a boom in international tourism, with the World Tourism Organisation predicting there will be more than 100 million Chinese residents travelling overseas by 2020.

The Chinese government notes that there were more than 80 million outbound trips made last year, as increasingly affluent citizens head for countries including Japan, Britain and Australia.

The new guidelines denounce improper behaviour such as spitting, littering, vandalising, jay-walking and pushing into queues. They recommend that photographs should only be taken of relics when local regulations allow it.

They also promote seven behavioural norms, including maintaining a clean environment, complying with public orders, protecting ecology, protecting public infrastructure and utilities, respecting other people's rights, showing courtesy when with others and, somewhat strangely, seeking appropriate entertainment.

One of China's four vice premiers, Wang Yang, recently publicly condemned the acts of some Chinese tourists abroad, saying, "The quality and breeding of some tourists are not high yet."

He added that authorities should "guide tourists to conscientiously abide by public order and social ethics, respect local religious beliefs and customs, mind their speech and behaviour ... and protect the environment."

Earlier this year, authorities in the rich eastern province of Jiangsu urged travellers to take less cash and to keep valuables out of sight after 23 Chinese visitors were robbed in Paris.

China issues civilised behaviour guidelines for tourists - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:

s002wjh

Country flag
@nimo_cn

Now why does the Chinese Govt have to give the guidelines if the Chinese tourists are the toast of the workd?

Can you explain that?

Spitting and pushing into queues are just some of the "uncivilised" activities Chinese tourists are being warned against in new government guidelines.

Recent guidelines posted on the central government's website by the Chinese National Tourism Administration advise on littering, protecting cultural relics and showing courtesy, among other things.
"Being a civilized tourist is the obligation of each citizen," the official convention states, according to the Chinese state news agency Xinhua.
The move follows the outcry on Monday when a 15-year-old from Nanjing carved his name into an ancient relief at a temple in Luxor, Egypt.

China is currently experiencing a boom in international tourism, with the World Tourism Organisation predicting there will be more than 100 million Chinese residents travelling overseas by 2020.

The Chinese government notes that there were more than 80 million outbound trips made last year, as increasingly affluent citizens head for countries including Japan, Britain and Australia.

The new guidelines denounce improper behaviour such as spitting, littering, vandalising, jay-walking and pushing into queues. They recommend that photographs should only be taken of relics when local regulations allow it.

They also promote seven behavioural norms, including maintaining a clean environment, complying with public orders, protecting ecology, protecting public infrastructure and utilities, respecting other people's rights, showing courtesy when with others and, somewhat strangely, seeking appropriate entertainment.

One of China's four vice premiers, Wang Yang, recently publicly condemned the acts of some Chinese tourists abroad, saying, "The quality and breeding of some tourists are not high yet."

He added that authorities should "guide tourists to conscientiously abide by public order and social ethics, respect local religious beliefs and customs, mind their speech and behaviour ... and protect the environment."

Earlier this year, authorities in the rich eastern province of Jiangsu urged travellers to take less cash and to keep valuables out of sight after 23 Chinese visitors were robbed in Paris.

there are chinese tourist that behave rude, but doesn't mean all of them are. both india and china are developing country, as for all developing country, less eduacated tend to have less manner. but ill bet if china has this issue, then when india has reach china level of tourism then india will has the same issue. by that time china will likely changed, the globlism culture spread in china like wildfire, and they are quickly adapt to all sort of westerner things.

nimo_cn

Country flag
So sad.

And yet, the world single out the Chinese as crass, crude and village bumpkins!

The world is so against the so disciplined, loveable, and even robotic Chinese.

NO fair!
Sad? Depends on the way you see it. I would rather call it the pain of being in the spotlight.

China is now like a super star with a bunch of paparazzi following her around, every behavior was put on the headline. The world is putting China under a microscope, everything about China is magnified, good or bad.

That being said, I am not surprised to know that Chinese are singled out as crass, crude and village bumpkins. After all, Chinese tourists certainly should improve their behaviors since we do have some bad habits.

And another factor we should note is that most coutries Chinese visit are much better than China and do make me feel like bumpkins, the same way i see those Indian students.

nimo_cn

Country flag
@nimo_cn

Can you explain that?

That is because Chinese improve ourselves by doing self-examinations and taking others' criticism.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is because Chinese improve ourselves by doing self-examinations and taking others' criticism.

Hae you cake and eat it too is your line of face saving?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sad? Depends on the way you see it. I would rather call it the pain of being in the spotlight.

China is now like a super star with a bunch of paparazzi following her around, every behavior was put on the headline. The world is putting China under a microscope, everything about China is magnified, good or bad.

That being said, I am not surprised to know that Chinese are singled out as crass, crude and village bumpkins. After all, Chinese tourists certainly should improve their behaviors since we do have some bad habits.

And another factor we should note is that most coutries Chinese visit are much better than China and do make me feel like bumpkins, the same way i see those Indian students.

One does not have to follow anyone.

The crude, crass and rude draw attention to themselves without any assistance.

So,. the moral high ground that you wish to adopt is misplaced.

I thought China has the biggest, largest, and the best. in building, railways, bridges and everything on earth.

So, where is the issue of the Chinese visiting countries better than China?

nimo_cn

Country flag
One does not have to follow anyone.

The crude, crass and rude draw attention to themselves without any assistance.

So,. the moral high ground that you wish to adopt is misplaced.

I thought China has the biggest, largest, and the best. in building, railways, bridges and everything on earth.

So, where is the issue of the Chinese visiting countries better than China?
Oh really? You thought China has the best bridges, railways, and everything on earth? Or you just wanted to make your argument more dramatic?

No need to play this kind of psychological game with me. It's not a shame to admit China is behind many, neither it's boasting to say China has moved forward.

China is in the spotlight, that is a well known fact. People's attention always follows the light, where the light goes, so does the attention, that is just human nature.

I dont expect Indians to understand that. In stark contrast to media's generosity to China, India could hardly get the front page unless there is news as big as murdering after gangrape.

cloud_9

Country flag
I'm not sure if they are rude or not but I usually see Chinese and Japanese packed in buses and waving from the bus and :taunt:

Why are group tours so popular with East Asian minus Koreans.

Barak2

Yeah that's true some of the things i have experienced personally in China. That's a valid point raised completely.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Oh really? You thought China has the best bridges, railways, and everything on earth? Or you just wanted to make your argument more dramatic?

No need to play this kind of psychological game with me. It's not a shame to admit China is behind many, neither it's boasting to say China has moved forward.

China is in the spotlight, that is a well known fact. People's attention always follows the light, where the light goes, so does the attention, that is just human nature.

I dont expect Indians to understand that. In stark contrast to media's generosity to China, India could hardly get the front page unless there is news as big as murdering after gangrape.

Let your media become even 10% free and we would see "Mega-Gang-Rape/Murder in China" on daily basis.

Just because you hide doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Such rude behavior from Chinese became evident in foreign countries where there is no CCP to hide.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles