What were you doing on 26/11?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This was the night I truly understood what the concept 'Nation' meant. I could not sleep the whole night. Literally felt like screaming at the top of my voice. Understood the meaning of heart-bleeding. Till this day, the sore has not gone, the wound is still green.
Almighty give me strength, that I may live to see the day when 26/11 would be avenged, when each drop of blood shed by my countrymen will be avenged, and justice will be served.
Then only, and not before, will my countrymen who had to lay down their lives in front of Islamic madness from Pakistan be able to sleep easy..
Please share your reactions and what thoughts you were going through on that night, and the days after the events of 26/11 unfolded..

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I was in my high school during that days, There is no TV here, I get update from local radio news and newspaper. and I wasn't aware about the seriousness of the issues. since no one clearly expressed the exact situation in Mumbai.

Years after only I found how much the issue was ..The Discovery document about 26/11 is an eye opener

pmaitra

I wasn't in Mumbai when this happened. I was in Mumbai when the serial train blasts happened. Those blasts happened in first class coaches in several EMU trains. I was a regular passenger with a first class pass. Luckily I took the bus that evening when the blasts happened.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had just gotten back home from office that day. Was glued to the TV after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I was just relaxing at home after dinner when terror hit home for me!

Well i had actually worked in the Oberoi Mumbai and the trident Nariman point between July 2007 and April 2008 as a graduate engineer trainee before being posted to the Oberoi New Delhi on 18/04/15. So it was all very personal for me.
The corridors where a few days ago i had walked, the Buildings i used to spend 14-16 hours of my day in, the rooms i entered to check for maintenances every day, the back areas, the cafeteria, Tiffin, Frangipani,India Jones, Vetro all restaurants where people were cut down as they had their dinner were like a second home to me!
I was here at home in Vasundhara Enclave New Delhi as i watched the world i still called my own burn before my own eyes. To say i was horrified, aghast and viscerally angry and afraid simultaneously would be an understatement.
I first remember calling up a friend who i knew was handling the night shift at the Oberoi Mumbai as the news broke, funny thing is at that time he was in the second basement and still believed that the bang noises trickling down was probably some guests setting off fireworks, he got to know the truth as i spoke to him and simultaneously people ran down to the basement from the floors. He made it out and spent the night hiding on the stairwell of a building full of Mumbai police close by.
That night i was filled with even more respect for my ex boss as i watched him lead teams of commandos into the basement to switch off lighting water other services to try and stile the terrorists out, as i watched him go through drawings of the hotels with security forces on the TV.
The next morning I came to know about many of the acquaintances i had who had suffered personal loss.
The Parsee girl who was the first person killed as the terrorists entered the lobby of the trident, the Soft spoken Housekeeping manager from Assam who was shot inside India Jones (the oriental restaurant/bar at the trident) and bled to death there, The young Goan steward who was only two days away from immigrating to Australia,The Company Vice president who somehow managed to survive the harrowing ordeal by a combination of sheer luck,locking his room and staying as quiet as possible and many others i do not remember now.

My friend who survived the night hiding in a stairwell was later part of the rebuilding team for the almost completely gutted Oberoi Mumbai.

Lots of memories there , too many to share!
You never know terror until it strikes close they say, they're right you know!

I_PLAY_BAD

This was the night I truly understood what the concept 'Nation' meant. I could not sleep the whole night. Literally felt like screaming at the top of my voice. Understood the meaning of heart-bleeding. Till this day, the sore has not gone, the wound is still green.
Almighty give me strength, that I may live to see the day when 26/11 would be avenged, when each drop of blood shed by my countrymen will be avenged, and justice will be served.
Then only, and not before, will my countrymen who had to lay down their lives in front of Islamic madness from Pakistan be able to sleep easy..
Please share your reactions and what thoughts you were going through on that night, and the days after the events of 26/11 unfolded..
Even most of the Pakistanis wouldn't have slept that whole night out of joy.
Would you also call that as a real concept of 'Nation' ?
Just kidding....

kaustav2001

Country flag
Had some home renovation work going on, so for a few days had no access to tv. Mobile internet wan't too common then. Came to know about the tragedy when concerned relatives started calling up from Kolkatta later on in the night. Shifted the tv to another room somehow managed to get the csble to reach & the whole family was glued to the tv set there after.

ganesh177

Country flag
I just arrived at my elder sister place when this thing was running live on tv.
After that me and my sister just watched it on tv in shock and pain.

DingDong

Country flag
Had no access to TV, was in field on work. Received a phone call telling me that somebody I knew died at Cafe Leopold, received a bullet in head.

raja696

I returned from part time job too tired on that day and got to know abt 26/11. I have felt same like you no different. Now this French attack is of less intensity than our 26/11 , lets see now what so called western powers will do. This time they got the bite. Why brain fcuk lslami fools obsessed with November month. can you put some links.

tharikiran

Country flag
I was in Mumbai.Was watching Times Now, when it started. Didn't sleep all night.Was awake till or 5 or 6 in the morning watching news.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@bengalraider your experience is most exceptional and harrowing from among us.
Even @DingDong, you knew a victim.
Truly, anything we say about that night, the shock and pain and the anger will always remain an understatement. Perhaps if we as a country, as a civilisation do not avenge this, it will remain a regret for the rest of our lives. I would rather die avenging 26/11, than regretting not doing anything. The only question that remains is how.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I returned from part time job too tired on that day and got to know abt 26/11. I have felt same like you no different. Now this French attack is of less intensity than our 26/11 , lets see now what so called western powers will do. This time they got the bite. Why brain fcuk lslami fools obsessed with November month. can you put some links.
I am not wholly sure why November, but terrorists have an obsession with the following numbers and their combinations in dates. 26,11,9,13,7,14. Basically all major terrorist attacks around the world can be traced into dates having these numbers in some combination. There are several conspiracy theories around it(probably). But it is better left to be discussed in some other thread. However, this is a topic worth discussing, the number theory behind terrorist strikes.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
was on pdf abusing Pakis and countering their theories of false flagged operation by RAW, and watching news.

Illusive

Country flag
There have been a few terror attacks in Mumbai. 1 of which i clearly remember was the train blasts. But like spikey i never felt it in my heart before, maybe because i was small to understand that.

At 1st i felt a bomb blast had happened. But this was different. I never felt that anger, rage and the need to tear someone up until i had seen the pic of that fucking bastard Kasab. Those 3 days i was glued to TV, frustrated, angry that it was taking such a long time to neutralize them.

Those 3 days shattered any belief of peace i had. I was longing for war. That day also ignited the patriotism and love for the nation like never before. A respect for the people who sacrificed for the country in the line of duty. Hemant Karkare and Unnikrishnan and many more.

That is how i started taking interest in the defence and military. I wanted an answer why we didn't go to war. Searching for those i found DFI. I lurked for more than a year, here and the paki forum. Then i joined DFI in 2010.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Two of my acquaintances were at Leopold that time. One got a bullet in his thigh.

Indibomber

I was in office talking to a brit, who told me what was happening in Mumbai. I did not sleep for till 6 in the morning.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Being a naive kid, I just came back from school, and stuck to the TV. I didn't understand half of what was going on. But I did join DFI 5 years later.

I spent the 26th and the 27th locked in toilet of my room in the Taj Mahal Hotel. Two days spent on the toilet, pretty typical for a foreign tourist to India.
[REDACTED]

Reason: Too polite to someone who doesn't deserve a bit

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I was in Australia and came to know about attacks on a TV running quick breaking News at my work place. The AV just went pass the screen in few seconds. All I was able to comprehend attack terror Mumbai something.

I jumped to my work PC and came to know about this attack watching some Indian News channel website. Came back home and watched it live on net for next 48 hrs. I saw Modi outside Oberoi Hotel barricade standing sad and helpless (that day made me his supporter).

After few days I wrote a long letter to PMO to avenge. Saddest part was when I came to know Pranab Mukerjee voted against attacking Pakistan because it may get China involve (what a coward). He rather took pride telling Americans not to worry as he is busy with upcoming WB elections.

This was the third time I observed a strange anger phenomenon going into my head like something pulsating in my brain and everything around me shaking like I am having sever vertigo.

First time it happened to me when a Pakistani terrorist Mast Gul fled India after burning a mosque.

Second time it was Kandahar Hijack.

Third time it was 26/11.

All I wanted was revenge.

Like in Mythology movies we watch people saying that ''Mere ser (head) pe kaal mandra raha hai'' The god of death is hovering on my head. I think I went through that 'Janoon'.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles