What do you think of arranged marriage?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Arranged marriages were very common throughout the world until the 18th century. Typically, marriages everywhere were arranged by parents, grandparents or other relatives. Some historical exceptions are known, such as courtship and betrothal rituals during Renaissance period of Italy and Gandharva marriages in Vedic period of India.

In China, arranged marriages (baoban hunyin, 包辦婚姻) - sometimes called blind marriages (manghun, 盲婚) - were the norm before mid 20th century. A marriage was a negotiation and decision between parents and other older members of two families. The boy and girl, were typically told to get married, without a right to consent, even if they had never met with each other until the wedding day.

Similarly, until the first half of the 20th century, arranged marriages were common in migrant families in the United States.

Wiki

Now you have live ins and gay marriages too!

Perceptions.

None can say which is good or which is bad.

Individual choice.

Socrates has said - By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

The sum total being the Luck of the Draw.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Most Naga groups had girl's dormitories. Educationally, they are where girls learn everything to do with household and agricultural affairs, as well as the arts of singing and dancing, while, publicly speaking, they function mainly as meeting places for young couples, married and unmarried. So-called "love-houses" are also known from from certain Burmese Naga groups - one example in Tsawlaw Naukkon was reported to have some thirty cubicles for couples. Admission to the girl's dormitory takes place when girl reaches puberty.

Different India. Different Tribe, Part III · Another Travel Guide.com · Nagaland · Alternate Routes

fyodor

Country flag
Hinduism describes 8 forms of marriages.

Love marriage called "Gandharva vivah" is one of it.

Gandharva marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a very hindu and nobel idea.

And BTW if i ever marry(though the chances are less), I won't demand virginity from her because it's a hypocritical idea. I will just like faithfulness and mutual trust, that's it. Because such things have no end, if you are asking for virginity than what stops you from demanding a girl who hasn't even masturbated to get a "purer" woman?

Last edited:

pratul_09

Country flag
a mix of love and arranged works, this way both know each other and know what to expect from the other. no after shocks and heart breaks

Sent from my A99 using Tapatalk

Blackwater

dont do marriage. just living in relationship,no tension all fun

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles