Wharton snubs Modi, Adani pulls out of event

Sukerchakia

Ray sir, your dynamism comment on Prabhu is a straight lift from Suresh Prabhu's wiki page. Looks like you knew as much about him as I did. :)

He did own the river-inter linking project but I didn't find anything exceptional in his tenure as power minister.

Anyways, Wharton probably came out looking the worst of all.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well the thing about modi is he has everything going for him today. He has strongly established himself as the wronged person who has been systematically demonized for no fault of his in the minds of many educated Indians that whatever happens it would be seen as favorable to him.

Lets consider that Modi did attend the meet and gave his speech - it would be spoken of as one of the leading B-school's recognition of Brand Modi and his speech woould generate waves among his supporters

Now that his speech has been cancelled - it has once again re-established his image as the person who has been wronged and hence the sympathy wave. Wharton's questionable decision based on the pressure from a motley groups of leftists is being flayed and once again Modi has derived positive publicity from this.

This is what the Modi-critics must understand. If they had just leave him be, for what he is, today he would just another CM of another state in India. No biggie. But by constantly keeping the focus on him and pushing his name into the mindspace of Indians,, they have ensured that he acquire a larger than life figure who can do no wrong and who is being constantly hounded for no valid reason by a bunch of marxist circle-jerkers. One of the biggest political self-goals.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Wharton should actually invite Laloo as IIM did.

He would at least raise some good laughs!

In fact, all the negativism against Modi is giving him a second wind and encouraging the image of being more sinned against than sinning as was done to Shylock in Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice'.

Everyone loves an underdog and Modi is being built up by the very people who want to obliterate him politically quaked by his meteoric rise that he seems to have sketched!

How stupid can his detractors be?

They should sit at the feet of the Chinese gurus to learn the ropes of PsyOps!

Raman Singh and Shivraj Singh and Parrikar as doing as good as Modi.

But then are they in the limelight and hogging it thanks to the detractors angst against Modi?

I think Stealavad, Digvijay Singh and Main Shankar Ire are actually in the Modi Camp!

And the US (and its surrogate institutions), which has launched a war to destabilise Islam is actually working to make Modi a hero of the times!

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Clearly some under the carpet conspiracy not to invite MODI.

MODI should be even more resolved now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One need not shed tears or be too concerned over this.

Modi has fallen in the trap.

However, this trap has boomeranged or so it appears.

India is passing through troubled times. Everything is going wrong for India. Be it the corporates or the common man, all are in deep distress and the Budget shows NO light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, it is darker and gloomier!

It shatters for all Indians the West's inspired hype that India is on a path to superpower status.

Modi, on the other hand, has a double digit growth to India's dismal 5% and falling!

He is, to many, the last hope to be extricated out of the mess, even if many may not be too comfortable with his ways.

Some sort of a Daniel Come to Judgement, some sort of a Messiah to save the people!

Misplaced maybe, but as Alexander Pope had penned:

]Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

In the end, man is a selfish being. Very inward looking.

If one shatters that dream, then it only unites and not divides.

Rational thought is not a virtue to be cherished in troubled and unhappy times!

The common man wants to be saved from the misery and not be fed with pious platitudes by mealy mouthed politicians.

The result on the ground speaks volumes over Harvard accented claptrap!

Modi with his faulty accent is a better bet than these fraudulent veshti clad westernised wogs who have brought India to its knees.

Or that Saint by the name of Anthony who has laid India's security bare and the Lambert the Sheepish Lion presiding over the end of Holy Roman Empire!

We want a vibrant, economically strong India.

We are ready to eat grass but it should not become our national culinary delight for years to come forever with silly pious political platitudes as the Entrée!

Last edited:

nrupatunga

It seems headlines today is saying rahul gandhi has been invited to speak in wharton. Within few minutes ibn is reporting that he has rejected the invite.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This is what the Modi-critics must understand. If they had just leave him be, for what he is, today he would just another CM of another state in India. No biggie. But by constantly keeping the focus on him and pushing his name into the mindspace of Indians,, they have ensured that he acquire a larger than life figure who can do no wrong and who is being constantly hounded for no valid reason by a bunch of marxist circle-jerkers. One of the biggest political self-goals.
That is completely true. I guess desperate times & insecurity leads to such blunders.

Sent from Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
And the US (and its surrogate institutions), which has launched a war to destabilise Islam is actually working to make Modi a hero of the times!
We don't know about Foreign policy layout in NDA'S manifesto but I have a feeling that something like Modi Administration will be favorable for US interests be it geopolitics in Asia or business access for US companies in India. Chinese investment in Gujarat is result of Indian lobby in US diverting businessmen away from Gujarat towards other Indian states, leaving no option but to welcome Chinese. Modi's economic policies are so far liberal unlike insecurity driven conservative trader heads in BJP opposing open economy. Compared to UPA under Raajmata who is strongly against exchanges with Americans, business-minded Modi might actually open India wider to Americans. Even though Government in India is never a one man show and will be met with lot of opposition traditional protectionists but a charismatic leader always holds potential to lead in determined direction. If NDA comes honest to center-right approach, I don't any reason why they won't find support in young aspiring India. I wait to see what is take of BJP and of Modi on Af-Pak situation, sooner or later they will have to come out with their decisive opinion/action-plan.

parijataka

Country flag
Ray sir, your dynamism comment on Prabhu is a straight lift from Suresh Prabhu's wiki page. Looks like you knew as much about him as I did. :)

He did own the river-inter linking project but I didn't find anything exceptional in his tenure as power minister.

Well, his managing of OIl Pool Account as Union Minister is considered exceptional among other things - that is top of my head I could get you some more information on the guy and his achievements if you like!

Even if you hate BJP/Modi comparing the governance or quality of Ministers of NDA to UPA - NDA comes out much better.

parijataka

Country flag
Wharton should actually invite Laloo as IIM did.

He would at least raise some good laughs!

In fact, all the negativism against Modi is giving him a second wind and encouraging the image of being more sinned against than sinning as was done to Shylock in Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice'.

Everyone loves an underdog and Modi is being built up by the very people who want to obliterate him politically quaked by his meteoric rise that he seems to have sketched!

How stupid can his detractors be?

They should sit at the feet of the Chinese gurus to learn the ropes of PsyOps!

Raman Singh and Shivraj Singh and Parrikar as doing as good as Modi.

But then are they in the limelight and hogging it thanks to the detractors angst against Modi?

I think Stealavad, Digvijay Singh and Main Shankar Ire are actually in the Modi Camp!

I think it is a cpmbination of Congress being out of power in Gujarat for 18 long years, 2002 riots being against Muslims and the global Ummah's support and communist-Islamist ganging. (The three academics from UPenn were connected with communists/leftists from their Facebook profiles apparently).

Notice all the commentators and columnists never talk about malnutrition in Bihar or starvation in Orissa or lawlessness in Uttar Pradesh or bankruptcy of West Bengal/Kerala.

Nyway the more they attack Narendra Modi the more sympathy he is going to gain among the middle class as a wronged man!

Patriot

Country flag
That is completely true. I guess desperate times & insecurity leads to such blunders.

Sent from Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
There is no as such desperate times or environment is also not that insecure at present even if it is, people always look out for optional leaders. We have election process then how come blunder? & Modi is not the only alternative, people can always choose. But for sure , I do not see any genuine leader from Congress to lead from front, may be Nitish as another option. Let the better one prevail.

Biggest blunder of the people is that they have elected this sort of MPs in parliament that resulted in the ineffective governance at present where nobody is ready to take the accountability. One can not decide one's decision as blunder till it realizes in to one. IMO people learn by their blunders specially when media is quiet loud.

Consistently demonstrated leadership unlikely to be a blunder when given the opportunity.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Don't these things backfire?
First inviting Modi and then saying No is a blunder IMO.
It tells his (potential) supporters that these guys are scared of Modi.
It also tells that there are political, ideological lobbies actively influencing (or worse infiltrating) high level academic circles.

Regards,
Virendra

Patriot

Country flag
It also tells that there are political, ideological lobbies actively influencing (or worse infiltrating) high level academic circles.

Regards,
Virendra
These lobbies are influencing through corporates. They all need donations for their functioning & further development.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

That is true.

Didn't have time.

And so when I found the sentiment that reflected my view, I endorsed it.

I had to check exactly what was the nomenclature of his Ministry.

I am well aware as to what he achieved and he was sideline by his own party because he was stealing the limelight.

He was one of the Ministers who were successful. Others being Maj Gen Khanduri, Rudi, Shourie, Jaswant Singh, Yeshwant Sinha....

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Re: Modi's keynote address at Wharton cancelled

Three academics of Indian origin from University of Pennsylvania spearheaded the campaign - Ania Loomba, Toorjo Ghose and Suvir Kaul.

And Adani group that was one of the sponsors has backed out.
Known Communists and Congress agents !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I saw Toorjo Ghose on TV yesterday.

I thought he was a holy Baba with long hair and looking very unkempt!

Lucky are those who are not to keep his company at Wharton.

Sukerchakia

Well, his managing of OIl Pool Account as Union Minister is considered exceptional among other things - that is top of my head I could get you some more information on the guy and his achievements if you like!

Even if you hate BJP/Modi comparing the governance or quality of Ministers of NDA to UPA - NDA comes out much better.
Please do. I only spent a few minutes Googling, so could have missed a lot.

I dont hate the BJP. Never voted Congress. Yes, I do dislike Modi.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Wall street journal columnist boycotts Wharton meet over Modi ban

Columnist and member of a conservative think tank Sadanand Dhume has pulled out of Wharton's annual conference on India, citing the school's treatment of Narendra Modi.

"Rescinding his invitation after Mr Modi had accepted it amounts to little more than ritual humiliation," Dhume wrote about his decision in his column in The Wall Street Journal.
"In the run-up to next year's national election, it's also a nakedly partisan act by conference organisers who claim to be non-partisan," he added.

Dhume was scheduled to participate in a panel discussion. Modi was to address the conference through a video link, till the invitation was withdrawn by the organisers.

Dhume, a former journalist who is now with right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, becomes the third speaker opting out of the Wharton conference.

Dhume wrote he is not a supporter of the Gujarat chief minister and has argued that the 2002 riots that happened on his watch disqualify him from leading a pluralistic nation like India. Modi remains a divisive in the US, as at home in India.

The US won't give him a visa — since 2006 — despite concerted lobbying by his friends and supporters here. And the Congress has passed many resolutions condemning him.

US businesses, however, have actively engaged with Modi's government and its representatives aggressively pitched for opportunities at the last Vibrant Gujarat conference.

But the US policy on Modi won't change till, officials have said, he is completely cleared by Indian courts. However, no court has found him guilty of involvement in the riots yet.

NRI columnist boycotts Wharton meet over Modi ban - Hindustan Times

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Regards,
Virendra
in the 1980's when the malaysian PM Dr Mahath deemed the brits to be discriminatory towards his people and nation , he instituted a buy british last official government policy with regards to all government tender and purchase evaluations ...... i .e. british responses to govt tenders and purchases were not considered unless no other tender response from other nations could fulfill the specifications ....if one of them could , even if they might cost " a bit more " , they would be purchased rather than the "slightly" cheaper british offer

it didnt take but a few months that the brutish crown apologized and removed their governmental policies which had offended Dr Mahath of Malaysia

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles