We want them back

pmaitra

Voluntarily giving is not the same as forcibly taking.

If Burma asks for their pagoda back or Egypt asks for their mummies, I would fully support giving them back to their orginal countries.

However, I doubt either of those items have the same cultural significance (not to mention sheer monetary value) as the Koh-i-Noor diamond.
Those items definitely have a lot of cultural and historical value to those whom they should rightfully belong to, if not for us, although I'd rather they stay in India. Koh-i-Noor is definitely valuable for us, yet it is not as valuable as it was when it was in one piece. Again, I'd like to have it back to India.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That shows the so called politically correct europeans are morally bankrupt. You made money buy looting the treasures and now u want to make money by selling the same to the rightful owners.In that sense hitler was better person to keep you french under his toes.
Spoils of war... every Indian and Chinese ruler who won did the same thing. Only after their descendants were defeated did they lose their spoils. Now the descendants of the losers are whining for something that has been in effect since the start of time. You are in no position to demand anything as you haven't won anything.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Quite hypocritical, considering France still controls renmants of its colonial empire.

By choice except for New Caledonia which will have a referendum in 4 years. None of the people China occupies have a vote. Big difference... choice vs occupation.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Spoils of war... every Indian and Chinese ruler who won did the same thing. Only after their descendants were defeated did they lose their spoils. Now the descendants of the losers are whining for something that has been in effect since the start of time. You are in no position to demand anything as you haven't won anything.
So you'd be alright if you were invaded and all your stolen wealth taken back rather than just giving the stolen wealth back to its rightful owners ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So you'd be alright if you were invaded and all your stolen wealth taken back rather than just giving the stolen wealth back to its rightful owners ?
We already where... you don't hear anymore griping about what Hitler stole that we never got back. At some point, it is time to let things go... 70 years since WWII and we let that go in the 60s. This colonial stuff happened 150 years ago.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well, i am gonna just ignore that French guy, he was trying to derail this thread. But i have to admit westerner's cheekiness is marvelous, salute.

Let us continue with the plan of recovering our precious relics.

Second, we should send delegations to those museum to find out exactly how many looted relics are being kept in those musem and to register them. This is gonna to be a very huge and tough task. So far, no one knows the accurate the number of artifacts being smuggled and robbed. But one thing for sure, they have stored piles of relics in those museum. To count and register every piece of them alone is going to be a very time-consuming task, much less their resistance will make this task much more difficult.

In fact, their resistance has become the main barrier. China has tried to carry out this plan before, but no museums would cooperate, they had their legal files prepared and were ready to go to court before Chinese arrived. So, the recovery operation seems be plunged into a dilemma.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well, i am gonna just ignore that Chinese girl, just like French courts ignore Chinese petitions.

pmaitra

We already where... you don't hear anymore griping about what Hitler stole that we never got back. At some point, it is time to let things go... 70 years since WWII and we let that go in the 60s. This colonial stuff happened 150 years ago.
I too think that there are things that we should simply let go of. Yes, it remains an emotional issue, but emotions are always matters of the heart while intelligence is that of the mind. A thorough study of the Middle East Conflict would clearly indicate that the emotional attachment towards Jerusalem for Jews, Christians and Muslims alone has caused death, destruction and bloodshed on enormous scale.

Ask for it back, but don't fight over it; rather, get over it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles