WC2011 Predictions

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Zak with the pakistanis the only thing important is from which side of the bed they get out of? They can be menacing one day and absolutely meek another. This is how they have been over the years once Imran Khan hung his boots.
and yes the spectre of the corrupt eternally hangs on them which could yet play a decisive role. The captain is mercurial. Well he can be inspirational, but he certainly isn't captain cool. Prone to his own antics, it could let the team down. he should hold the team together for pak cricket as any rout here and they will be doomed.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
As of India beat Bangladesh, and other two match gone in expected line, I don't see any prospect for minnows , except Bangladesh can give WI a Hard Fight if they can , my take as ABP says :

for Super Eight: India, South Africa, England, Bangladesh/ West Indies from Gr. A Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand - Gr. B

Regards .
problem will be in the knock out round. if the teams play that one match badly, its gone.

Zaki

Country flag
As of India beat Bangladesh, and other two match gone in expected line, I don't see any prospect for minnows , except Bangladesh can give WI a Hard Fight if they can , my take as ABP says :

for Super Eight: India, South Africa, England, Bangladesh/ West Indies from Gr. A Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand - Gr. B

Regards .
Like ajay said,

One good innings by Afridi, Chris Gayle, Taylor or Tamim Iqbal is sufficient to force any favorite team to pack their luggage. So the real challenge will start in Quarter finals where everybody will have a chance to win this trophy

Zaki

Country flag
OK here is my intake about the possible scenario of the Quarter finals

Group A:

Currently NZ is on top of the table followed by Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Australia. All of them have played one match each against a minnow.

Now if Australia beat everybody in the group matches they will come on top
Sri Lanka beat Canada, Pakistan, Kenya, New Zealand, Zimbabwe
Pakistan beat Kenya, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe
New Zealand beat Canada, Kenya, Zimbabwe

So by this way:

Australia = A1
Sri Lanka = A2
Pakistan = A3
New Zealand = A4

and if Pakistan beat Sri Lanka and New Zealand then A2 can be replaced with A3
===========================

Group B:

If India beats everybody
South Africa everybody except India
England beat everybody except India and South Africa
West Indies / Bangladesh beat all the minnows / Associated teams

India: B1
South Africa: B2
England: B3
West Indies: B4

and if India loses from South Africa then it will become B2 and South Africa B1

==========================

so by this way:

A1 (Australia) vs B4 (West Indies)
A2 (Sri Lanka) vs B3 (England)
A3 (Pakistan) vs B2 (South Africa)
A4 (New Zealand) vs B1 (India)

Well Pakistan must find its way to avoid playing against South Africa and challenge them either in Semi Finals or Finals... Proteas are popularly known as chokers but still they are one of the best side in the world. I usually rank them well ahead of India

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
OK here is my intake about the possible scenario of the Quarter finals

Group A:

Currently NZ is on top of the table followed by Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Australia. All of them have played one match each against a minnow.

Now if Australia beat everybody in the group matches they will come on top
Sri Lanka beat Canada, Pakistan, Kenya, New Zealand, Zimbabwe
Pakistan beat Kenya, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe
New Zealand beat Canada, Kenya, Zimbabwe

So by this way:

Australia = A1
Sri Lanka = A2
Pakistan = A3
New Zealand = A4

and if Pakistan beat Sri Lanka and New Zealand then A2 can be replaced with A3
===========================

Group B:

If India beats everybody
South Africa everybody except India
England beat everybody except India and South Africa
West Indies / Bangladesh beat all the minnows / Associated teams

India: B1
South Africa: B2
England: B3
West Indies: B4

and if India loses from South Africa then it will become B2 and South Africa B1

==========================

so by this way:

A1 (Australia) vs B4 (West Indies)
A2 (Sri Lanka) vs B3 (England)
A3 (Pakistan) vs B2 (South Africa)
A4 (New Zealand) vs B1 (India)

Well Pakistan must find its way to avoid playing against South Africa and challenge them either in Semi Finals or Finals... Proteas are popularly known as chokers but still they are one of the best side in the world. I usually rank them well ahead of India
pakistan wont find better and bigger chokers if it was going to be a play off with south africans. on the sub continent wickets what is the best bet for any team, their spinners and i am sure these chaps would have been well marked up by the sub continent teams and so would be the case with pakistan as well. in case pakistan was to meet south africa, i would imagine they will breeze through.

though this WC is more about lottery than the usual grind of last few WC where there used to be the super8s so any team which plays well on a given day would make it through, that said and on similar lines i think we need not write-off the bangladeshis, you never know, it might be their WC, lady luck might just be smiling on them, let us not forget, all the 3 sub continent teams when they won the WC, no one ever gave them any chance.

Zaki

Country flag
India just lost from the same chokers

thats what I was fearing another day :)

SHASH2K2

When this thread is about predictions...Two most nagging ones can be.....

1.India will not advance beyond quarterfinals.
2.Pakistan will lift the cup at mumbai.

In a sense Bangladesh or Ireland deserve place in quarterfinals than india coz they have beaten the top team england on the other hand india has just beaten the minnows.
When it comes to prediction I would also like to predict future of an Indian terrorist nick named AJTR being arrested by IB for plotting against the country .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why?

Is Ajtr a bookie?

I have this feeling for quite sometime that cricket has always in the recent past churned some real strange and unexplainable results!

Almost as if it is rigged to get the excitement high to ensure people are keeping the till full by overcrowding the stadia as also being glued to the TV sets.

It is real big money!!

Last edited:

smartindian

Country flag
whenever aj(tr)oll) dont post . i think that she as been arrested by IB or police for anti-india activity , but one fine day she will be arrested for sure

Tronic

I actually like ajtr's posts, atleast you can't blame him/her for being biased, he/she kindda nails all sides. Unfortunately, I've never seen ajtr discuss much.

pmaitra

How do you know that it is a she?
I have been told that ajtr is a lady, so I go with it. However, quite contrary to my expectations, 'she' does not fill her posts with smileys that I see so often in mails from women. Just my personal experience, not a stereotype.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
When this thread is about predictions...Two most nagging ones can be.....

1.India will not advance beyond quarterfinals.
2.Pakistan will lift the cup at mumbai.

In a sense Bangladesh or Ireland deserve place in quarterfinals than india coz they have beaten the top team england on the other hand india has just beaten the minnows.

Sadly, those are not the rules ICC formulated.

Update youself about the ones we follow in free 21st century.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Thats why my first prediction holds true for 99.9% india wont advance beyond quarterfinals coz there wont be any minnow left for india to beat.
Sure. Why don't you trade India's to be QF place to Bangladesh/Ireland?

Go Bangladesh Go! Down with Team India....

Thats the worst & baseless logic I've ever seen....

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
When it comes to prediction I would also like to predict future of an Indian terrorist nick named AJTR being arrested by IB for plotting against the country .
I bet you 've match-fixed an indian terrorist Ajtr with active help from GOI and it intelligence agencies to hammer out a confession long before ajtr is arrested true bollywood ishtyle like in aseemanand's confession....

Why?

Is Ajtr a bookie?
Ajtr is just a fortune teller like everybody else on this thread.

she is a Suicide Bomber .
Rather a black widow.....

whenever aj(tr)oll) dont post . i think that she as been arrested by IB or police for anti-india activity , but one fine day she will be arrested for sure
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride..........................

smartindian

Country flag
I bet you 've match-fixed an indian terrorist Ajtr with active help from GOI and it intelligence agencies to hammer out a confession long before ajtr is arrested true bollywood ishtyle like in aseemanand's confession....

Ajtr is just a fortune teller like everybody else on this thread.

Rather a black widow.....

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride..........................
it not a wish , it will be reality , we dont tolerate anti-India comments from radicalized people like you wait for few day if you are in India cyber police will be in your door steps

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
spare sports of ur animosity
Why don't you get real & talk in absolutes rather than suggesting inane rules on zingaland?

Those who won points, deserve place in QF. Rest are just loosers.....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles