Uzbek President Islam Karimov

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
So the President of Uzbekistan for over two decades, Mr. Islam Karimov died.
This country was notorious for its reluctance to join any side (Rus, USA etc) and protected its sovereignty as much as it could under Karimov.
Now that he is gone, there is a void in said country.
Who's gonna fill it?

@pmaitra

pmaitra

So the President of Uzbekistan for over two decades, Mr. Islam Karimov died.
This country was notorious for its reluctance to join any side (Rus, USA etc) and protected its sovereignty as much as it could under Karimov.
Now that he is gone, there is a void in said country.
Who's gonna fill it?

@pmaitra
I will opt for the option of nepotism. Karimov's immediate successor should take over. I don't want ISIS or its affiliates taking over. If that happens, I hope a joint Russo-Kazakh-Kyrgyz force occupies it.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I will opt for the option of nepotism. Karimov's immediate successor should take over. I don't want ISIS or its affiliates taking over. If that happens, I hope a joint Russo-Kazakh-Kyrgyz force occupies it.
By immediate successor you mean?

Though not much is known about Karimov's personal stuff, afaik he has two daughters and maybe a son, I don't think they are in a position to lead Uzbekistan

pmaitra

By immediate successor you mean?

Though not much is known about Karimov's personal stuff, afaik he has two daughters and maybe a son, I don't think they are in a position to lead Uzbekistan
Yeah, he has two daughters. Stuff gonna happen in Uzbekistan soon. This is a new headache for Russia. The good news is, Uzbekistan does not share a border with PRC.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Yeah, he has two daughters. Stuff gonna happen in Uzbekistan soon. This is a new headache for Russia. The good news is, Uzbekistan does not share a border with PRC.
Why a good news if doesn't share border with PRC

pmaitra

Why a good news if doesn't share border with PRC
PRC has a habit of pushing its forces down other people's throats. If say Uzbekistan had a border with PRC, and PRC cited ISIS takeover and sent a couple of divisions into Uzbekistan, who would be able to deter PRC? No one.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
PRC has a habit of pushing its forces down other people's throats. If say Uzbekistan had a border with PRC, and PRC cited ISIS takeover and sent a couple of divisions into Uzbekistan, who would be able to deter PRC? No one.
So some day in future PRC may eye on tajikistan or kyrgyzstan or kazakhstan because they have weak military?
Poor mongolia some day it will become either PRC or russia

pmaitra

So some day in future PRC may eye on tajikistan or kyrgyzstan or kazakhstan because they have weak military?
Poor mongolia some day it will become either PRC or russia
They have already started making noises about the border. That is one reason why Tajikistan still has Russian military presence.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
They have already started making noises about the border. That is one reason why Tajikistan still has Russian military presence.
We had military base in tajikistan right?...we need to develop even better so we cut POK from other side

Bahamut

what effect does it have on war on terrorism ?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
We had military base in tajikistan right?...we need to develop even better so we cut POK from other side
Till we are import-dependent, we cannot expand militarily.

It is a watch facility with a few Mi-17s, handful Mi-35s and barely a couple of hundred troops.

We cannot exactly attack Pakistan with taht number.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles