UN slams Sri Lanka for deporting Pakistani asylum seekers

Banda

Court intervened isn't it? What did court say?

I thought giving asylum to Pakistani was a deserving way to say 'thank you' to them for helping you in LTTE war.

Also, after removal of the ISI agents from Pak high commission, Colombo. That place can accommodate a few of the refuges. Pak will oblige if Colombo requests.

Also, who lives in refugee camps in south India? refugees from northern Lanka or ghosts?

Maybe ghosts, live in refugee camps in India as soulless inhabitants inhabit Sri Lanka.
Just because Pakistan or anyother country sold us weapons and helped us in diplomatic front, it does not mean we are obliged to take any of their citizens who feel like coming to SL. Sl can deport them if we wont. But i do not condone it purely on humane reasons because most of these people are persecuted in Pak due to blasphemy law.

Before pointing at SL, what about correcting yourselves?

Indian HC dismisses petition seeking better facilities at refugee camps

HC dismisses PIL seeking better facilities at refugee camps - The Hindu

In India SLtamil refugees are facing difficult situations. But i understand being SLn we are not in a position to question India regarding that. In the same way Indians questioning SL stand when oppressing the refugees in their own country is hilarious.

It is most hilarious when ppl in that part of your country have been talking about wellbeing of their lankan counter parts but do not give a sh1t once they reached their shores.

Banda

Because you claim you are the most humane nation in the world and so they flock to you.

We care.

Sure we do.

That is why Tibetans, East Pakistanis, SL Tamils, Afghans, Iranis all have got refuge.

But then all want to return to their homeland, right?

We must facilitate that or should be give them nationality?

And you Gautama Buddha was a man of compassion.

Even if you have forgotten that!
The reasons you gave refuge to tibetans is because india want to antogonize china. Other than that there is no love involved.

Iranians coming to india is a long time back. even SL have a small Parsi population who had come here during that time.
But why are peopel in your country even violence in Assam asking to chase away the east pakistanis (Bangladeshis)?

One of the main election promise of BJP was to send away the Bangladeshis. India is not accepting any refugees out of compassion. It is rather india is in a position to guard its borders well.

It is a problem of having bad fences not about having a good heart!

Banda

The Plight Of Pakistani Asylum Seekers | The Sunday Leader

A Christian doctor from Pakistan who did not want to be named told that when he heard he was to be prosecuted under the blasphemy law, he fled his country with his family. He added, "We came to Sri Lanka on May 29, this year and got on arrival visas. Initially we stayed in a hotel near Katunayaka International Airport and after couple of days found a place to rent in Negombo." He added that he left all his property behind but had no intention of going back. He said he still feared the lives of his extended family in Pakistan and refrained from revealing his name and whereabouts.

He said that he and his family had been hiding in Pakistan for sometime and managed to come to Sri Lanka with his daughter, son and his paralysed wife. He is a General Physician and had been working in a government hospital. He claimed that it was discrimination of minority religious groups at workplace and he was to be prosecuted unfairly under the blasphemy law.

His son is a Doctor of physical therapy and rehabilitation medicine who had just begun his career before they fled the country. His daughter is 17 years old who had hopes to follow his father's and brother's path to become a doctor – but seems to have abandoned her dreams of higher education due to the unexpected plight. She added, "There is nothing that I can do here. And there is no hope of going back. I miss my friends. But I cannot even talk to them and reveal our circumstances because I fear that they will also turn against us."

"For the first time in our lives, we experienced religious freedom in Sri Lanka. There are people who go to temples, churches, kovils and mosques without restrictions to practice their religion."
Christian doctor

Religious freedom

The doctor added that his family is comparatively well off in Sri Lanka as they have brought some money to pay rent and survive – but there are so many who do not have any means to survive in Sri Lanka as asylum seekers are barred to do any jobs. However he added, "For the first time in our lives, we experienced religious freedom in Sri Lanka. People of Sri Lanka go to temples, churches, kovils and mosques without restrictions to practice their religion.Pastor Yousuf another asylum seeker said that it is not easy being a pastor in Pakistan. He added that many Christians are being forcibly converted to Islam and they could hardly fight against those conversions. He added that his pastor house came under constant attack and was burnt down twice by Muslim mobs. He added, "There have been many instances where my house came under stone attacks. I have been mugged on the road. One time, I was assaulted on my way to read the gospel at a Christian house. I received critical injuries and was admitted to the hospital." He told that he has three daughters and one son and they have been receiving threats to their lives – therefore he decided to flee the country. He added, "We came here on July 21 2013. On August 14, we registered with the UNHCR seeking refugee status. But we have not yet been called for interviews. My son is 13 years old. I have admitted him to a private school here and I pay Rs. 2500 monthly which is a huge cost right now under the circumstances." He added that there are many Pakistani children waiting idly for the refugee applications to be processed and the parents have no means to send them to a private school in Sri Lanka.

Banda

Like, my good man, which own citizens are you talking about?

The Sri lankans who went from Bengal to bring enlightenment to the savages in Sri Lanka way back in history?

You are so disgraceful that you want to bite the hand that fed you (metaphorically).
bite which hand and which hand fed us?

The savages according to you are the real natives in SL. If the savages decides what to do in their savage land that is their problem. An old baffoon in a different country has no business in that

Banda

Correct.

It is Sri Lankans who have come to Bengal.

Now, whip out a fudged map like your mentors, China.

If Tamils were coolies, at least they were productive.

The British took the Ceylonese Buddhist to be genuine parasites who were too lazy.
You are living off the toils of the Tamil coolies, you born parasites!
You dont come to a lazy man's house and bring slaves to take the lazy man's house. being lazy or not in his own house is his own concern.

Banda

Genetic studies on the Sinhalese is part of population genetics investigating the origins of the Sinhalese populations today.

Studies looking at the origin of the Sinhalese have been contradictory. Older studies suggest a predominantly Tamil origin followed by a significant Bengali contribution with no North Western Indian contribution. While modern studies point towards a predominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution

Sources
Kirk, R. L. (1976). "The legend of Prince Vijaya — a study of Sinhalese origins". American Journal of Physical Anthropology 45: 91. doi:10.1002/ajpa.1330450112.
Papiha SS, Mastana SS, Purandare CA, Jayasekara R, Chakraborty R (October 1996). "Population genetic study of three VNTR loci (D2S44, D7S22, and D12S11) in five ethnically defined populations of the Indian subcontinent". Human Biology 68 (5): 819–35. PMID 8908803
Point is? or no point at all as usual?

Banda

The land belong now to the Chinese.

You are just 吸起 (Xī qǐ) what the Chinese call for suck ups.

They think you are 牛屄.

I assure you that Bengal will not take you back inspite of genetics.
who the hell wants to go to Bengal, i bet 99% of sinhalese wil give a rat's a$$ to a bengal. And if china owns Sl why should you care? It is our matter.

China does more businesses and the biggest trading partner of India. Does that mean china owns India?

Banda

I
Racist scum.
I bet this racist baffoon spend his morning everyday searching internet how he can throw racist remarks against SL! can understand given his old and useless age.

SriLankan lion is a symbol that every SLn identifies himself /herself with.

It is begings may have sinhala background but nowadays it is for all SLns irrespective of their race and religion. Much like the ashok chakra in indian flag which is a dharmic symbol regardless that india has non dharmic ppl.

I dont comment on the article as it is stupid.

ladder

Country flag
Just because Pakistan or anyother country sold us weapons and helped us in diplomatic front, it does not mean we are obliged to take any of their citizens who feel like coming to SL. Sl can deport them if we wont. But i do not condone it purely on humane reasons because most of these people are persecuted in Pak due to blasphemy law.

Indian HC dismisses petition seeking better facilities at refugee camps

HC dismisses PIL seeking better facilities at refugee camps - The Hindu

In India SLtamil refugees are facing difficult situations. But i understand being SLn we are not in a position to question India regarding that. In the same way Indians questioning SL stand when oppressing the refugees in their own country is hilarious.

It is most hilarious when ppl in that part of your country have been talking about wellbeing of their lankan counter parts but do not give a sh1t once they reached their shores.
Now, now Pakistan is not another country, is it?

I thought Pakistan was a Bum-chum.

But, aren't you doing many things out of obligation to China? :eyebrows:

it does not mean we are obliged to take any of their citizens who feel like coming to SL.
But, till recently you had visa on arrival.

Sl can deport them if we wont
I think you meant " Sl can deport them if we WANT"

Yes, exactly why we are saying, you guys are heartless.

But i do not condone it purely on humane reasons because most of these people are persecuted in Pak due to blasphemy law
good, you do but your govt. doesn't.

We have 200,000 officially and 1million+ unofficially and many more illegally in India. What correction do you want.

And mind you, India too isn't a signatory to UNHCR 1951 Refugees convention, that you pointed out earlier. Still the above. As we are not soulless as you have become.

Definitely, don't you agree to what reason, HC dismissed the petition?

Definitely, refugee camps aren't a substitute for 'home' but why has SL govt. abandoned SL Tamils? Why don't they take them back? Why have them being off-loaded?

Oppression of refugees is a new term I have heard, can you exemplify?

But, SL Tamils preferring to live in ' oppression' ( as you put it) but not going back, might be little puzzling for you, isn't it?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
who the hell wants to go to Bengal, i bet 99% of sinhalese wil give a rat's a$$ to a bengal. And if china owns Sl why should you care? It is our matter.

China does more businesses and the biggest trading partner of India. Does that mean china owns India?
Well, if one goes by your statement, then Sri Lankans are looking at rat's asses being rats themselves, right?

Normal people don't go looking at rat's arse or anyone's arse.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I

I bet this racist baffoon spend his morning everyday searching internet how he can throw racist remarks against SL! can understand given his old and useless age.

SriLankan lion is a symbol that every SLn identifies himself /herself with.

It is begings may have sinhala background but nowadays it is for all SLns irrespective of their race and religion. Much like the ashok chakra in indian flag which is a dharmic symbol regardless that india has non dharmic ppl.

I dont comment on the article as it is stupid.
I have time and again proved that Sri Lankan Buddhists are racists and pretty canine like.

Banda

Now, now Pakistan is not another country, is it?

I thought Pakistan was a Bum-chum.

But, aren't you doing many things out of obligation to China? :eyebrows:

But, till recently you had visa on arrival.

I think you meant " Sl can deport them if we WANT"

Yes, exactly why we are saying, you guys are heartless.

good, you do but your govt. doesn't.

We have 200,000 officially and 1million+ unofficially and many more illegally in India. What correction do you want.

And mind you, India too isn't a signatory to UNHCR 1951 Refugees convention, that you pointed out earlier. Still the above. As we are not soulless as you have become.

Definitely, don't you agree to what reason, HC dismissed the petition?

Definitely, refugee camps aren't a substitute for 'home' but why has SL govt. abandoned SL Tamils? Why don't they take them back? Why have them being off-loaded?

Oppression of refugees is a new term I have heard, can you exemplify?

But, SL Tamils preferring to live in ' oppression' ( as you put it) but not going back, might be little puzzling for you, isn't it?
Whenever you cannot answer back you backtrack saying it is other's perception. That Sri Lanka is Pakistan's as you say 'Bum Chum' is again your perception. Sri Lanka maintains and will maintain strategic and military relationships with Pakistan. Actually we will maintain these relations with any country. Even with india we have such relations. That is why in spite of number of letters by JJ still indian military is cooperating with SLA. Strategic matters especially when it comes to defense is beyond your comprehension. That does not mean SL has to compromise its internal interest.
What are the things SL do for china out of obligations? In that case India is also doing many things for china.
Yes we had visa on arrival for Pakistanis. And we had the same for Indians and it was removed an year ago.
What is heartless in deporting people who are staying in SL without SL government's consent? SL is not a sanctuary to give safe passage for everyone. Even Pakistani gover has supported SL gover's move. So if both Pakistan and SL has no problem with that, an insignificant indian has no say in it.
Australia sent illegal immigrants (Sl tamils from indan reugees camps) on boats. At least SL pays for a flight ticket. Many western countries have sent back refugees. SL is following its due actions like any legitimate governments. If you have a heart stop killing your baby girls just because they don't have a male organ.
Why? Because the authorities say 'they will spend on raising standards'. That is about something that can happen in future and at the sametime shows how depressing the conditions are right now.
"Definitely, refugee camps aren't a substitute for 'home' but why has SL govt. abandoned SL Tamils? Why don't they take them back? Why have them being off-loaded?"

If you read a newspaper as much as you spend time for nonsense you wont ask this qn. The Sln refugees can very well return to Sl and even SLn govern has requested them to return. But as they have lived there for generations they do not like to return. In SL cost of living is high. Some returnees went back because cost of living in high in SL compared to india. And also the constant anti SL propaganda by LTTE lobbies in TN has caused them not to return.

I realize you want to use a lot of non-colloquial terms to make what you say sound good but it is better if you check it before submitting. If you wanted to mean 'explain' by using 'exemplify' by oppression I meant the very poor living standards given to refugees in TN. I can understand that given the low standards in TN but still for a country that makes these people a political tool one could expect better treatment.
I don't think so. The SL tamils living in india as refugees are going to Aus in boats. Because the primary factor they are motivated is economics.

Banda

It is funny because had SL gave santuary to pakistani people and give them visa on arrival, these very indians will be crying hard that SL is supporting their enemy.
Be happy SL is taking steps to protect your backyard otherwise you will end up with more bombs in chennai.

Banda

Well, if one goes by your statement, then Sri Lankans are looking at rat's asses being rats themselves, right?

Normal people don't go looking at rat's arse or anyone's arse.
Point? or Again no point?

Banda

I have time and again proved that Sri Lankan Buddhists are racists and pretty canine like.
Buddhists in SL are least racist in the whole of subcontinent.

with all your racist slurs and mumbo jumbo you have shown the racist in you and nothing else. You have failed in all your endeavors in proving anything in the comment section or doing anything with a gun at hand.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Thats coming from a guy whose signature is this "ONE WORLD! ONE LOVE! ONE COMMUNITY!"

Well it is not. Perhaps India can speed up it's propaganda on that.

Those people came to India without Indian consent. India didn't welcome them.

So how India has facilitate the return of Sri Lankan Tamils from India? Besides you are so eager about the living conditions of Tamils in Sri Lanka. Why not care about them who live in India?

sydsnyper

Country flag
Lets take this from scratch.... these people who came seeking asylum from pakiland were christians (from what the article says), there were 68 or so of them, these were people who were persecuted in pakiland.... can not SL accommodate 68 people?

I am itching to give you an answer on the tamil question, but i'll leave that for a later post.

yeah when you cannot give a rational argument it is because other's are illiterate. we can only pity you!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
yeah when you cannot give a rational argument it is because other's are illiterate. we can only pity you!
Give me the option that you are aware of which one should write for a person who claims genetic studies by scholars of repute as holum!

If that is not illiteracy, then illiteracy takes a whole new meaning.

" An illiterate king is a crowned ass. "
-- Henry I Beauclerc of England

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles