Tiger or Lion- who is the king of beast?

Who do you think is the King of Beasts?

• Tiger

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Lion

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Liger is lost species and often re-born. Their weight will make them impossible for hunter. thats why they have survived that long in the life cycle and often comes in guest appearance. these are simply Zoo species.
White tigers are also bred for exhibit in zoos. The breeding results in animals which may have health problems.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I saw a black and white video of a tiger fighting a lion.
Tiger got his a&& kicked real bad in that video.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Tiger

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies 5
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart? 10
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp 15
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee? 20

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
William Blake. 1757–1827

Tolaha

I remember reading it someplace that a tiger and a lion accidentally ended up in the same pen in a zoo. IIRC, the tiger won! As posted earlier, there are no region in world where the territories of tiger and lion overlap. So it would be difficult to judge the winner based on just a single sample case!

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Okay i did some research and found out a youtube video in which a person explained why tigers will beat lion.
The main reason they stated was that tiger uses it's hind leg to stand and uses both of his front paws to punch but on the other hand lion can't stand on it's back legas and he can only use one paw at a time to punch tiger.
Tiger is fast and uses both of it's paws but lion is not so fast and uses only one paw.

source-youtube video going by name "why lions are punching bag for tigers"

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Asiatic lions were available in north and central India. But they lost the territory to tigers...
I believe they lost territory to encroaching man armed with its civilizing tools & skills. Lion, being a predator who prefers social coteries/enclaves, couldn't really survive but the solitary tiger made it to higher & denser grounds & has succeeded where lion failed.

Prometheus

There is only one country that can answer this question and that is India, cause thats the only place where Lions and Tigers are found in their natural habitat .....and the verdict is clear by the saying " jungle ka raja Sher" i.e Tiger !!! eat dust Lion lovers =))

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Okay i did some research and found out a youtube video in which a person explained why tigers will beat lion.
The main reason they stated was that tiger uses it's hind leg to stand and uses both of his front paws to punch but on the other hand lion can't stand on it's back legas and he can only use one paw at a time to punch tiger.
Tiger is fast and uses both of it's paws but lion is not so fast and uses only one paw.

source-youtube video going by name "why lions are punching bag for tigers"
Lions shoiuld learn Taikwando then... a whipping spin kick on Tiger. :lol:

Sword

There is only one country that can answer this question and that is India, cause thats the only place where Lions and Tigers are found in their natural habitat .....and the verdict is clear by the saying " jungle ka raja Sher" i.e Tiger !!! eat dust Lion lovers =))
I think the lion is not only known as singh (60+% of the countrys last name) but the lion in some parts of india was known as babar shere, aka the Greater tiger. It seems that some of the historians and biologist/wildlife men of india have stated other wise, Jam sahib of nawanagar witnessed on 4 occasions asiatic lions win against bengal tigers, another he mentions a female asiatic lion stalemateing and killing a male bengal, kailash sankhala aka the tiger man of india, mentions a fight arranged by royals where a lion killed a tiger, followed by the lion would win in virtue of his mane, indian man Damoo dhotre (animal trainer) stated the same thing about the mane and the lions endless courage would triumph.

There are several fights recorded in the wild of india, like in the districts of surat, ganges, bangalore ect...all which the documents state the indian lion killed/defeated the tiger. Some of the lions history can be reviewed here:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35950

Hope that helps.

Sword

I like tigers too...but I cant deny some of the material:

wikipedia does mention a fighting tiger of india that killed 31 lions, but it seems upon further search, the only original sources state the tiger was bought by the King of oude by Charles jamrach, who he nick named the tiger Nana-sahib...it did kill a lion near ratchcliff highway, the famous tiger who attacked a boy, killed jaguar and a lion, who is the same tiger/lion encounter the famous charles darwin cited...but no original sources show the 30 lion fight...if those fights were true, that tiger would be celebrated all through india, a song, totem and anthem would praise that tigers accomplishments, but sadly I think it remains in fabricated section, since no records of india withhold it in indian literature.

But even if somehow it was true...50 is greater than 31.

vayuu1

Country flag
Just as lions fight with each other , so do tigers fight each other for territory. Both are territorial animals and fights for territory and females are common.

Now the question is just because the lions kill more zebras and tigers prefer more deer , that does nt make lions stronger. Tigers also kill buffaloes.

Because every chase does nt result in a kill so the tigers prefer the deer

Tigers are more ferocious and ruthless and kill just in anger .Lions kill only when they are HUNGRY

Lions are lazy bums ,therefore a pack of hyneas takes away the kill made by the lions
No pack of wolves in India ( bcos there are No hyneas here )or else where has ever dared to take a tigers kill

Lionesses of the pack hunt and kill for the entire pack .So they prefer zebras, wilder beasts so that every body gets a bite.

The lion when it is on its OWN after loosing its pack to a new challenger, LOOSES its health and strength quickly and dies soon. Therefore its staying power is less .Tigers are always on their own till they die

BTW Asian lions in India were decimated by the tigers until Gir Forest came up
Apparently there is hyena in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles