Thousands of Kashmiri youth turn out to join Indian Army

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In a repeat of last years drive, yet again thousands of Kashmiris turn up for recruitment in the Indian Army
==
Srinagar: More than 6,000 enthusiastic Kashmiri youth turned up for recruitment in the Indian Army Friday in south Kashmir and police and army men had a tough time controlling the swelling crowds.

The army held a recruitment rally at the High Ground in south Kashmir's Anantnag district Friday for the 10 districts of the Valley. The rally started on March 12 and will continue till March 18.

The rally is for recruiting candidates from the districts of the Valley as general duty soldiers, nursing orderlies and other categories.

Brigadier Vinod Raizada, deputy director general (DDG) Recruiting (Punjab and J&K) visited the rally Friday.

"Selected candidates will not only get a lifetime opportunity to serve the nation in the various arms and services of the army, but will also be able to serve the nation with honour and dignity," Brigadier Raizada said flagging off the rally.

He also said, "The Indian army is looking to enroll the best and the brightest young men from J&K state.

"Naturally, the process is merit based, giving a fair and impartial opportunity to all eligible youth. There would be more such rallies to give greater opportunity to all aspirants of J&K state. The rally is a step by the army to ameliorate the conditions of unemployed youth of the Valley. The huge turnout for recruitment suggests that the army has carved a niche for itself in the hearts and minds of Kashmiris. The youth have realized the importance of the army and are exhibiting keen desire to join it."

Friday's rally is a far cry from the days the local youth shied away from joining the security forces in the Valley.

The high turnout at the army recruitment rally was despite the warning by various guerrilla groups to the local youth to keep away from such rallies and not seek jobs with the Indian security forces.

Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army | TwoCircles.net

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is very good news. Once there are job opportunities for the youth automatically they will shift away from activities like stone pelting.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Kashmiris are in so close a contact with the Army that it appears the best thing that could happen to them!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kashmiris were the ones who tipped off the army of Kargil Intrusion.

Tolaha

Kashmiris were the ones who tipped off the army of Kargil Intrusion.
Its the Shia-Sunni thing, isnt it? Valley is populated by Sunnis while the rest of the region is Shia. While the Sunnis from the valley are not pro-India, the Shias in and around Kargil are?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its the Shia-Sunni thing, isnt it? Valley is populated by Sunnis while the rest of the region is Shia. While the Sunnis from the valley are not pro-India, the Shias in and around Kargil are?
The people joining the army are not Shias only. I don't think that is the reason.

Tolaha

The people joining the army are not Shias only. I don't think that is the reason.
The ones who had tipped off the army were Shias, is what I meant. But isn't it true that there is a Shia-Sunni divide in Kashmir as far as support to India is concerned?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The ones who had tipped off the army were Shias, is what I meant. But isn't it true that there is a Shia-Sunni divide in Kashmir as far as support to India is concerned?
it is not so simple...it is complex from person to person.

Galaxy

Country flag
Yes it is.

Shia's are mostly concentrated in Kargil-Drass region and on the side of Srinagar-Leh highway. They are pro-Indian. Even during Kargil war, I heard They helped our Army.

Majority of Kashmiri Sunnis are Anti-Indian. They sold their soul for Money and Muslim brotherhood in favor of Paki.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are few paid once does the harm, Majority don't like tangos but Army regardless sunni or Shia..

Jammu & Kashmir is majority made of Villis and towns, Army role are very well known here keep out tangos as well as fanatic Islamist Ideology..

Army not only provide security but education and Internet to these people at end of the world..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles