The Vidarbha movement is set to get another fillip

Iamanidiot

In comparison doesn't Andhra fare much worse in uneven development ...?
Both have more or less the same problems but we had an NTR and YSR who were able to bring drastic socio economic changes

SPIEZ

Country flag
Both have more or less the same problems but we had an NTR and YSR who were able to bring drastic socio economic changes
I m speaking of the border areas and many forested areas.

I m told the town of Bellary used to be a beggars hometown, before the Bellary brothers arrived.

Sorry, Ot, but my point is it's far worse in Andhra. MH fares better, nah!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Financially how are they placed compared to other communities and what percentage of votes do they compromise
Marathas were never out of cash. They control most of the land & are sugar mill giants. Small town middle class got rich due to aggressive land acquisition by govt/private class.

Param

I m speaking of the border areas and many forested areas.

I m told the town of Bellary used to be a beggars hometown, before the Bellary brothers arrived.

Sorry, Ot, but my point is it's far worse in Andhra. MH fares better, nah!
Bellary is in Karnataka

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Financially how are they placed compared to other communities and what percentage of votes do they compromise
MH has two backward regions, though they are different in their origins and aspirations:

Vidarbha is from erstwhile Central Province, in fact Nagpur was the capital of Central Province, Vidarbha statehood proponents claim that Nagpur was better off then, because it attracted investments as a provincial headquarters, and that Western Maharashtrians are treating Vidarbha like crap.

Marathwada is from erstwhile Hyderabad State. Even today, people of Marathwada have many family links with Telangana and NE-Karnataka, though they don't regret being split from Hyderabad. The Nizam of Hyderabad was an arsewhole, and treated Marathwada like crap (far worse than he treated Telangana). Maharashtra has invested fairly well in Marthwada, although it's still a backward region. Though Marathwada still has many anthropological links with Telangana. In Kachiguda and old-Koti, and you'll find countless Marathi families with ancestry from the Marathwada region.

Iamanidiot

@Spiez Bellary is in Karnataka.The state which got consistently good leaders is TN .Bloody buggers had luck

Param

My bad, I was trying to point at the border area's, didn't know I crossed into it. But many there are still Telugu speakers!
Same way don't cross into Bangalore, since there are many Tamil speakers there.:pound:

Param

@Spiez Bellary is in Karnataka.The state which got consistently good leaders is TN .Bloody buggers had luck
Its not just luck its the demographic composition( caste) and the importance in development that the region recieved during British rule.

Iamanidiot

MH has two backward regions, though they are different in their origins and aspirations:

Vidarbha is from erstwhile Central Province, in fact Nagpur was the capital of Central Province, Vidarbha statehood proponents claim that Nagpur was better off then, because it attracted investments as a state capital, and that Western Maharashtrians are treating Vidarbha like crap.

Marathwada is from erstwhile Hyderabad State. Even today, people of Marathwada have many family links with Telangana and NE-Karnataka, though they don't regret being split from Hyderabad. The Nizam of Hyderabad was an arsewhole, and treated Marathwada like crap (far worse than he treated Telangana). Maharashtra has invested fairly well in Marthwada, although it's still a backward region. Though Marathwada still has many anthropological links with Telangana. One stroll across Kachiguda and old-Koti, and you'll find countless Marathi families from the Marathwada region.
My elder uncle in Hyd employees lot of marathis from Nanded

Iamanidiot

Its not just luck its the demographic composition( caste) and the importance in development that the region recieved during British rule.
Periyar,Kamaraj,Annadorai,M.G.R ,M.K and Jaya all are very good leaders how many states got such a stream of good leaders

SPIEZ

Country flag
Periyar,Kamaraj,Annadorai,M.G.R ,M.K and Jaya all are very good leaders how many states got such a stream of good leaders
You should have stopped with MGR. AFAIK, Stalin has good policies it ll be interesting to see how far he can wield his power. Poor JJ has no successor, she is an iron woman, but lets power creep into her head.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
All the baniya class in central & eastern parts is in BJP's pocket. Also they've appreciable influence over labor population in Vidarbha.

Iamanidiot

Yeah those are hard workers. Nanded gets tons of Punjabi monies.
He is into real estate since the last 35 years and he exclusively employees BC's esp gouds and yadavs.He has quite a clout among the two communities to the point all those community meets invite him compulsorily

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
He is into real estate since the last 35 years and he exclusively employees BC's esp gouds and yadavs.He has quite a clout among the two communities to the point all those community meets invite him compulsorily
If Gouds are what he wants, he doesn't have to go as far as Nanded. Nanded has a lot of Jatt-Punjabi blood mixed into its gene-pool. They are quite hard working people. I've lived in Adilabad town for a while, and its economy is practically run by migrant families from Nanded (Marathwada), and baniyas from Yavatmal (Vidarbha).

Param

Except for two leaders none of leaders quoted belongs to any major caste group.

The demographics of TN is in such a way that no one single major caste group can dominate the state. As a result good, talented and acceptable leaders from non-Tamil background or smaller caste groups were able to come to power.

Almost every region in TN developed during British rule.Add to that socially empowered masses. A sound electorate delivers better leaders.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
You people invading this thread too??

Global Defence

New threads

Articles