The sun shines on India's Aditya

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Can you please substantiate your claim that placing a nuke in space will be less expensive than SLBMs?

Actually, no nation has places a nuke in space till today. Ronald Reagan tried in the 1980s, under his "Star Wars" program, but it was so exorbitantly expensive that they had to shelve the program.
Non-Rocket Spacelaunch- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One excellent method is adding a torpedo like stage in a missile for low cost launch.

sabari

Can you please substantiate your claim that placing a nuke in space will be less expensive than SLBMs?

Actually, no nation has places a nuke in space till today. Ronald Reagan tried in the 1980s, under his "Star Wars" program, but it was so exorbitantly expensive that they had to shelve the program.
The star war is the program to protect America from distroy incoming missile.
sub with nuke will only strike during nuke war. cost of nuke sub is more than 1000 crore and it can carry 4 k4 missile in arihant sub. Cost of launching missile is around 20crore(agni5) pay load 1ton. Re entry needs very less thrust so the agni can be modified to place nuke in space and it can be made to free fall on target when needed .
Subs can be detected by sonar which pak have. They don't have missile to hit satilite.
This is my view
If you find any mistake you can correct

Kyubi

Country flag
The star war is the program to protect America from distroy incoming missile.
sub with nuke will only strike during nuke war. cost of nuke sub is more than 1000 crore and it can carry 4 k4 missile in arihant sub. Cost of launching missile is around 20crore(agni5) pay load 1ton. Re entry needs very less thrust so the agni can be modified to place nuke in space and it can be made to free fall on target when needed .
Subs can be detected by sonar which pak have. They don't have missile to hit satilite.
This is my view
If you find any mistake you can correct
At what orbital height do you intend to place the missile with a Nuke Warhead ???

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
Placing nuke in sky will cost much less then in submarine. And they can hit any part of Pakistan in minute. And paki doesn't have missile that can hit satilight .
You don't even need a nuke in space to destroy a portion in earth. Hope you have seen the G.I.Joe : Retribution. You just need something of 1 or 2 ton positioned up there. When it would hit the earth with that much of mass and K.E, it would be devastating in itself. Its just like a meteor striking the earth surface.

Kyubi

Country flag
You don't even need a nuke in space to destroy a portion in earth. Hope you have seen the G.I.Joe : Retribution. You just need something of 1 or 2 ton positioned up there. When it would hit the earth with that much of mass and K.E, it would be devastating in itself. Its just like a meteor striking the earth surface.
Evidently neither our neighbor's nor we can place Nukes in the earth atmosphere or in an orbit as we all are party to Outer Space Treaty , India, china & pakistan are party to it. This particular law prohibits the use of space for any placement of weapon stations that are nuclear in nature. But of course it does not prohibit the use of conventional weapons.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Anyway guys, why are we acting like war monger Chinese commies who first try their every new tech as killing machine.
It's time to celebrate :)
Specially for people like me because after not getting a major update on Aditya, I thought it may be postponed.

sabari

At what orbital height do you intend to place the missile with a Nuke Warhead ???

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Sir I am not a rocket scientist .it is just based on sum calculation between nuke sub carrying missile and cost of agni 5 which was told that it can be used as launch platform for launching small satilight,.and a logic place your best weapon were your enemy can't attack
About altitude: 2000km above above earth satilight with 3 nuke each one for Karachi ,islamabath,Rawalpindi.
If there is mistake you can correct me and

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
india should now focus on manned missions
space walks, contribution to ISS.
and whats the status of the astronaut program?
INDIAN SPACE STATION:biggrin2:
i m not up to date with space news and programs
but looks like a bright future is ahead for ISRO and INDIA.
i felt really sorry for you as you are a new member and you posted 3 times without too much of a suitable reply

let me say that i have kinda totally given up hope as to goi time-tables for important and exciting events

you see first they said manned flight will be in 2016 then it became 2018 then there was 2016 - 202 ...nice wide time table with huge margin for taking it nice and slow

but as we are approaching that 2016 date then they get some unheard of person , in the past it was Dr Maha or the new isro chief dr Radha to make statement but now they get some new person to make a statement that manned flight is not a priority

see my post in another thread reprinted here
i was hoping too
but fat hopes for both of us
here is what some big chief from isro has just said
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-priority-Isro-chief/articleshow/49701431.cms
i thought dr radhakrishnan was the big boss so i dont know who this genius S Kiran Kumar is ...must be some great guy to put manned program on back burner
quote :-
BHUBANESWAR: The much-publicized manned space mission is not a priority for Indian Space Research Organization (Isro), Isro chairman AS Kiran Kumar said here on Saturday.

"Right now, it (manned mission) is not a priority at all. Our priority is to build capacity for new (satellite) launches," Kumar said while interacting with reporters on the side-lines of convocation of KIIT University.
end quote

tough going and what a wet blanket ...and i also thought the multiple re-entry space shuttle vehicle was supposed to be tested this moth of november 2015 , so is this a way of saying " not ready " ?
so when it comes to anything exciting from india - give it at least a one and a half decade time for them to get things ready

eg they will say that everything is now ready , then some small thing will be discover and things will be put off for a year or two and then there will be budgeting and well the big one will be change of govt and some kejri will come in and say the whole thing is a waste of money and use the budget for free elctruiity for his constituents

so frankly i do not take any of this too seriously , yes india will improve, yes india has already improved but as for time tables, especially government timetabkes dont expect anything , wait till they actually started the count down process then you could be more certain that the project is really on

i can only hope and pray , that the private sector respects their own word and statements of intent a bit more

ref:- Grand Funk Railroad ( youtube )

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+
@Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber@jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened
@tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@roma Hey I think I may have posted the news that manned spaceflight "is not a priority" now.
Have you any update?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles