The most powerful region in South Asian history was the southern part of India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@pulikesi Dude, AIT is full of shit. You need to learn a lot.

I suggest you search this very site for the discussions on it

pulikesi

@pulikesi Dude, AIT is full of shit. You need to learn a lot.

I suggest you search this very site for the discussions on it
Why every other person on this forum tries to put words into others mouth. Where did AIT come here.

"You need to learn a lot."

I've been self-studying history for past 11yrs. Sorry for being a slow learner. My apologies.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Why every other person on this forum tries to put words into others mouth. Where did AIT come here.

"You need to learn a lot."

I've been self-studying history for past 11yrs. Sorry for being a slow learner. My apologies.
Ait/AMT/Any other variation of that crap is also part of "history".

Anyway, you said brahmins in TN were local converts, meaning Hinduism is alien to TN and so the conversion is just like any conversion to Islam or xtianity and this is usually the kind of thing Dravidian ****(also the Anti national ,seperatist **** like the good xtian Seeman) talk about. And I know what the TN govt teaches regarding the AIT, having studied it myself. Thats why I said you need to learn more on why AIT is BS.

pulikesi

Ait/AMT/Any other variation of that crap is also part of "history".
History is search for the truth. If it's not true then it's not history.

You still have tribals all over the country who don't follow Vedic system. You label them all non-Hindus? Sorry if you think Hindusim is all about that.

How does spread of Vedic beliefs equate to AIT/AMT? If you accept Rigveda was composed in Indus valley, then you have accepted it did spread to rest of the sub-continent. How did that happen? How do you explain Hinduism in Nepal? It wasn't taught? Religion is a dynamic subject.

A native of Bengal is Bengali, a native of TN is Tamilian. You can't walk up to someone and tell him, hey you are probably not a native of your land, you may be a descent of Sakas. That's stupid.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
History is search for the truth. If it's not true then it's not history.

You still have tribals all over the country who don't follow Vedic system. You label them all non-Hindus? Sorry if you think Hindusim is all about that.

How does spread of Vedic beliefs equate to AIT/AMT? If you accept Rigveda was composed in Indus valley, then you have accepted it did spread to rest of the sub-continent. How did that happen? How do you explain Hinduism in Nepal? It wasn't taught? Religion is a dynamic subject.

A native of Bengal is Bengali, a native of TN is Tamilian. You can't walk up to someone and tell him, hey you are probably not a native of your land, you may be a descent of Sakas. That's stupid.
In this particular contest, I agree with everything you have said.

pulikesi

And I know what the TN govt teaches regarding the AIT, having studied it myself. Thats why I said you need to learn more on why AIT is BS.
Be assured, I don't read from outdated textbooks for my self-study. Infact, I have personally visited couple of Neolithic sites in the south to get a feel of the life of those times.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
The Deccan region have produced some of the finest empires of India, and have blunted the advance of several invaders.

Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Vijayanagaras, Marathas being the favorites.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
The Deccan region have produced some of the finest empires of India, and have blunted the advance of several invaders.

Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Vijayanagaras, Marathas being the favorites.
Although I am a Rajput but I have a huge respect for Marathas. If we Rajput had visionary leaders like Shivaji the great then I can assure you history of the subcontinent would have been different.

anupamsurey

Country flag
you need to mention the time period when you state something like this. in one instance, you can say that raja rajendra chola was powerful and his empire extended up to ganga river, not mentioning his overseas territory. but there was a time when south India was ransacked by Kilji's forces (surely, not a sign of all powerful south India).

anupamsurey

Country flag
Although I am a Rajput but I have a huge respect for Marathas. If we Rajput had visionary leaders like Shivaji the great then I can assure you history of the subcontinent would have been different.
If I am not wrong, most of the Maratha trace back their lineage to some of the Rajput clans.

pulikesi

No issues then. Anyway we are all connected to each other one or otherway.

rohit.gr77

So what? A good tactic to take credit for success from elsewhere and hide the failure back home.
Not a tactic, but yes being a Maratha I can say that some do trace their lineage back to the Rajputs. But Rajputs were present all across North India. Only during the rule of the Delhi Sultanate did they became more concentrated in Rajputana. The Rajputs themselves have their origin in Deccan dynasties, if I'm not wrong. For example, the Rathod are the descendents of the Rashtrakutas.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Not a tactic, but yes being a Maratha I can say that some do trace their lineage back to the Rajputs. But Rajputs were present all across North India. Only during the rule of the Delhi Sultanate did they became more concentrated in Rajputana. The Rajputs themselves have their origin in Deccan dynasties, if I'm not wrong. For example, the Rathod are the descendents of the Rashtrakutas.
Why you maratha kicked our a&&??? :lol:
Not only that you also collected taxes from us :sad:

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
@angeldude13 you must be a naagvanshi..

Marathas have different gotras, they have 72 there are 36 Rajput gotras & they match with jatts & dogras. Jaats have 24 I think

Lol now Rajputs are from deccan, this is like afro or euro centrics lol

Rajputs come from Ikshvaaku Dynasty of Indus river. Lunar Solar Fire Yadhu & Snake Dynasty all have origin in Indus region except Fire is Mount Abu Rajputana.

Rajputs were there in Vidarbha which is southernmost region of AryaVarta. Krishn Ji wife was from there.

Otherwise, please continue your historical revisionism & fantasizing. It is funny to watch :pound:

English education has done you kids in, many if not most of sardars of maratha confederacy were Rajputs themselves. Ruler was Bramin lol,

Shivaji is way before,

Are gujjus ruling India & Taxing us because Modi is in BJP? No.

Hindus have always worked together, & those trying to make it a contest are never going to do anything for it in first place.

After drying of saraswati Ji, you can say Mata Sindhu Ji vs Devi Ganga Ji that's a contest.

But vs kaveri/south??? :pound::pound::pound:
Country name is not Decannia or something it's

:hail::hail::hail::india2::india2::india2:

Pagals:facepalm::crazy::crazy::bplease:

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Maratha claim to Rajput ancestry is nothing, either British time nonsense or something else. Mahasabha already cleared it,

Also what about Maharaj Chatarsal, Rajput Mughal Wars, Guru Hargobind Singh Ji & Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Shiva Ji is over hyped because he's the only one from deccan.

Only in the delusional world view, that north is sitting there all muslim doing nothing; does he even appear half as good as the hype.

It's not even him, or them either they considered Sindhu Ji as their Maa.

You guys are ones who drink American coffee, Chinese phone while talking of native south dravidian this that.

Just product of British colonisation.

Fact is, any of the people you mention would execute you for treason.

End of, say what you want no need for me to reply. Understand the mindset now,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles