The Marauder-South African Armored Vehicle

Ash

Country flag
Here is a bit more on the Marauder :

Multi-role, highly agile mine-protected armoured vehicle.

CONFIGURATION

The Marauder is an extremely flexible and agile battlefield tool with outstanding mine and ballistic protection. It accommodates a crew of 2 in the front plus 8 fully equipped soldiers in the rear. Marauder can be configured as a simple armoured personnel carrier or as an effective wheeled combat vehicle by the addition of appropriate weapon systems, making it ideal for conventional and non-conventional missions.

Marauder can be supplied in standard or stretched versions which offer extra space to carry more troops, and extra stores. There are different driveline options available depending on the client preference.

PROTECTION

All of Paramount Group's armoured vehicles are designed to provide the best possible protection, ensuring optimum survivability for the crew. The Marauder is independently proven to offer mine protection up to 8kg TNT (STANAG 4569 level 3b) anywhere under the hull and 14kg TNT (greater than STANAG 4569 level 4a) for a blast under any wheel. It is fitted with a double-skinned spaced armour hull throughout the cabin and crew compartment to protect it against kinetic attack up to STANAG 4569 level 3. Additional armour can be added to protect against specific threats such as RPG and increased kinetic attack up to STANAG 4569 level 4.

Specially designed anti-blast seats prevent injury from the extreme acceleration of a side blast or a mine blast under the hull.

MOBILITY

The Marauder is rugged, robust and offers outstanding cross-country agility. With reserves of power in hand it is able to cross all types of terrain at speed. It can be airlifted (C130 and Chinook) with little preparation and provides excellent strategic mobility.

FLEXIBILITY

Designed to handle up to 4,500kg payload, the Marauder offers outstanding flexibility in the choice of weapons and mission specific equipment. With the ability to carry extra fuel tanks, water and combat supplies it can be deployed for long-range patrol or quick reaction force operations. Day/Night vision devices and extra sensors can be fitted to provide 24/7 operability.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles