Stuxnet - Anatomy of a Computer Virus!

bhramos

Country flag

An infographic dissecting the nature and ramifications of Stuxnet, the first weapon made entirely out of code. This was produced for Australian TV program HungryBeast on Australia's ABC1.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
And this is why mission-critical environments avoid proprietary OS'es like Windows, and prefer building their own using open-source operating systems, so their developers can inspect the code they're going to compile.

pack leader

Professional
this is the perfect weapon no explosions no proof no international condemnation
no death only complete victory
am so proud of my country

bhramos

Country flag
this is the perfect weapon no explosions no proof no international condemnation
no death only complete victory
am so proud of my country
It says it could be Israel, but doesn't confirm it. so it is victory of both US and Israel's victory.......

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I dont understand, why would major atomic installations be connected to the net? I think the whole Iran thing is a hoax, why would their main frame computers which run the reactor be connected to the net are they going surf the web on that! lol.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
i dunno if it should post in such an old thread but was not at aware of this attack. If it really did the damage to Iranian centrifuges, the era of true cyberwarfare began. For it me its science fiction coming true.

I dont understand, why would major atomic installations be connected to the net? I think the whole Iran thing is a hoax, why would their main frame computers which run the reactor be connected to the net are they going surf the web on that! lol.
thats what i thought till now. But what if Mossad Spies or Moles might have helped to penetrate the facility, once inside facilities internal networks the worm has every chance to do the damage it was intended to.
Stuxnet was meant to spread through internal networks, media drives, Industrial Control Systems of high complexity would definitely be required to interconnected.

imagine the potential of such kind of advanced worms to damage military networks once they are able to penetrate, The C4I Systems, Air Defence Networks, Radars etc. But this was science fiction till recently. This attack changes everything.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles